IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS-F with Nitrous (225 shot) from the drags last night 2.3.10

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-10, 07:33 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow.. it's always interesting to start reading threads and realize it's a thread about you, bashing you.
Old 02-06-10, 07:36 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

wow.....man
Old 02-06-10, 08:01 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ek9vboi
Sounded/looked like a bad launch. Also, the car is on stock tires from the last time I saw the car.

Also, have some of you ever drove an 11 second or better car down a drag strip on stocks? Its not the easiest thing to do.
How can you surmise from that angle and with all the ambient noise that it was a bad launch? Just curious. And PS - the car was on DR's at the track, not at the show.

Originally Posted by HKS350
Yes ^, It must be a progressive shot. That IS didn't launch like it was on the bottle. Most likely did spray until 2nd gear.
How many sprayed IS-F's have you had the opportunity to observe? I am very curious as i'd like to see what other setups are being run.

Originally Posted by caymandive
Isn't that oztiks car? He has that drag radial setup like mine.
Yup. It's me. Same Setup.

Originally Posted by L-S-D
its the driver not the car
Yeah.

Originally Posted by Gymkata
It is obviously a fast car. It needs some serious rubber in the back though. 295mm drag radials will tuck in back there nicely.

I just want to see a video with an 11 second ISF pass!!! With that much power on tap (once it can be hooked up), that car should be WELL into the 11s.

Looks like a really clean setup on the car. Absolutely gorgeous in the engine bay.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by rukkus2IS
nice set up
Thanks again.

Originally Posted by NoVa-isF
I think our trans will be a HUGE problem when the car starts to make power. I have taken mine to the 1/4 3 times and everytime i try to preload the susp, right on gas and lt on brake, the trans slips like hell. And yes, i know how to drive. I have a 10sec S2000
I'm glad i'm not the only person who knows the car is not without limits. While I may not be a professional, I know how to launch/run the car (For anyone who was there that night - I was spending most of my effort doing data logging, my RT's were not amazing by any stretch of the imagination, etc)

That was NOT my best run for the night but it was the only run that was filmed unfortunately.
Old 02-06-10, 11:31 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Its easy to decipher the sound of your car in the video. It sounds like you spun a little in first and shifted early because of it. Thus leaving you very low in second allowing a possible bog due to the nitrous. I could be totally wrong but thats what i get from the video.
Originally Posted by oztiks
How can you surmise from that angle and with all the ambient noise that it was a bad launch? Just curious. And PS - the car was on DR's at the track, not at the show.
What was your best run?
That was NOT my best run for the night but it was the only run that was filmed unfortunately.
Old 02-06-10, 11:37 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Its easy to decipher the sound of your car in the video. It sounds like you spun a little in first and shifted early because of it. Thus leaving you very low in second allowing a possible bog due to the nitrous. I could be totally wrong but thats what i get from the video.

What was your best run?
So you could decipher my car from the turbo diesel truck behind the camera, the two other cars finishing the runs, the other car behind the camera spooling its turbo, and the mustang?

PS - the mustang is what you are hearing spin. It was on street tires and all over the place. No early shifts on my part. There were only 4 passes that night that I got to make so I remember each one.
Old 02-07-10, 07:32 AM
jaslapp1
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get some more rubber on there and you'll lay down the times. I'm testing the first headers made by SIKKY and I'm having a hard time finding traction in 1st through 3rd with stock wheels. I know nitrious should be making more power then headers and exhaust so I'm sure you're having even more trouble then myself. I know what you are going through.
Old 02-07-10, 07:34 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by jaslapp1
Get some more rubber on there and you'll lay down the times. I'm testing the first headers made by SIKKY and I'm having a hard time finding traction in 1st through 3rd with stock wheels. I know nitrious should be making more power then headers and exhaust so I'm sure you're having even more trouble then myself. I know what you are going through.
He isn't having any traction problems so there is no use in going bigger and wider. It would only be adding weight and affecting the gearing.
Old 02-07-10, 09:45 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Exactly. Not to be confrontational but since when does a mustang shift like an isf. Went over the video again this morning and i could still hear what was going on decently well. It took you about a second to get through first. That would mean that you did 0-39 in that time and we all know thats not the case because you would have run faster than 12.3. Also, you can hear that your car is very low in second during this run. Deduction leads to you shifting early, the N20 bogging the car, or just going from first to third gear. I could be wrong but thats what the video tells us. If you posted the slip it might help with figuring out what really happened with the run.

So you could decipher my car from the turbo diesel truck behind the camera, the two other cars finishing the runs, the other car behind the camera spooling its turbo, and the mustang?

PS - the mustang is what you are hearing spin. It was on street tires and all over the place. No early shifts on my part. There were only 4 passes that night that I got to make so I remember each one.

Last edited by MRxSLAYx; 02-07-10 at 09:52 AM.
Old 02-07-10, 11:27 AM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Exactly. Not to be confrontational but since when does a mustang shift like an isf. Went over the video again this morning and i could still hear what was going on decently well. It took you about a second to get through first. That would mean that you did 0-39 in that time and we all know thats not the case because you would have run faster than 12.3. Also, you can hear that your car is very low in second during this run. Deduction leads to you shifting early, the N20 bogging the car, or just going from first to third gear. I could be wrong but thats what the video tells us. If you posted the slip it might help with figuring out what really happened with the run.

If it was the mustang
Okay. You are right, I am wrong. I have no idea what was going on, I don't know how the car was shifting, I don't know when to shift, etc. I don't know how the mustang next to me sounded. I didn't run that same mustang twice. I didn't talk to the owner about the issues he was having.
Old 02-09-10, 05:04 PM
Titanium
Driver School Candidate

Something isn't right.. 225shot = 117 traps? Makes no sense when stock IS-F's supposedly trap 115.
Old 02-14-10, 12:52 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Pretty cool but I would have expected a time in the 11 second range. I am sure that thing could put down a better time.
Old 02-14-10, 04:35 PM
aira
Pole Position

What kind of 60' times were you getting?
Old 02-14-10, 04:45 PM
vntperform
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I smell b.s in regards to NOS activation; that pass obviously was w/o NOS.
Old 02-14-10, 06:50 PM
nick01
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

really people? why do you continue to bash Oztiks? he has NOS^^ find the thread. Atleast he was willing to go outside the box and take a step in the right direction for the IS-F.
Old 02-14-10, 09:02 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ True, I guess most of the people bashing Oztiks haven't read his posts and findings during the past year. Some of us have seen his car, the NOS setup, clean engine bay, and the 2 big bottles in the trunk.

Quick Reply: IS-F with Nitrous (225 shot) from the drags last night 2.3.10