Old 12-15-11, 09:46 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Teo you installed the rear sway !?!??!
No comment! lol

Originally Posted by ERDoc74
I did read the entire thread, but I kept looking at the pic of the spec gt bar thinking that it should work for keeping things stable horizontally, but just now I see their point in vertical instability given the 2 pivot points... After thinking about this a while, this is probably the majority of the forces that are put on a strut bar and finally see that this is a flawed design..
I also noticed the Icode strut bar has the same type of pivot points.....
Originally Posted by 96817isf
oh and the only reason people can't feel the strut bar is because everyone that puts it on isn't racing their car...only under harsh turns will u feel it working a little...it also helps if u have the rest of the braces on as well..imo
Originally Posted by 96817isf
i ahve the gt spec top tie bar and i cut the covers so that it would fit back on i will post pics after it aint that great but it sure looks better with the covers back on it..as for the pivot points..from what i see the tops one has one too...cause the base part of the tops strut bar looks almost the same as the gt spec if u ask me...i never seen it in person so i can't say although i would swap the gt spec for the toms since i have the toms lower front n rear tie bars on my car right now...the difference with the tie bars are big and noticable..now i just have to get my hands on a set of kw v3's, the rear strut bar and the toms cross brace and i will be all good for my suspention..
TOM's is the way to go!
Old 12-15-11, 11:53 AM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
No comment! lol

TOM's is the way to go!
Shoulds i Buy this toms ? Prototype that was on a project car???
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...705508729.html
Supposedly the guys from Tom's in Japan came to the us and made this etc.... It is slightly different from the production model, but it is a great price.... Please, don't try to buy this out from under me btw!
Old 12-15-11, 11:59 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,848 Likes on 2,333 Posts

I'm still trying to figure out why you're wasting all this money on modifying the car when you really need to learn how to drive it. Seriously. Stop fussing with the mods, spend your time and money on driving school to learn how to use what you already have. Parts don't make your car faster than the other guy, your skill at driving makes you faster than the other guy.
Old 12-15-11, 12:04 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I'm still trying to figure out why you're wasting all this money on modifying the car when you really need to learn how to drive it. Seriously. Stop fussing with the mods, spend your time and money on driving school to learn how to use what you already have. Parts don't make your car faster than the other guy, your skill at driving makes you faster than the other guy.
Geez lobux, you sound like my wife! LOL.
(minus the "spend more money to go to driving school"). Which I do plan on doing btw...
Old 12-15-11, 07:44 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ERDoc74
Shoulds i Buy this toms ? Prototype that was on a project car???
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...705508729.html
Supposedly the guys from Tom's in Japan came to the us and made this etc.... It is slightly different from the production model, but it is a great price.... Please, don't try to buy this out from under me btw!
whoa that is really cheap...im not sure if this is a scam or not but wow for only 100. i think its too good to be true.
Old 12-17-11, 09:47 AM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Well I ended up buying the ENTIRE TOMS chassis bracing stuff that you can see at the VIP Salon website that new would be near $2500, for $800!!! . The guy had it all on a is250 and yanked it all off and sold it to me for a good price.... I know lobux is skeptical, but I just couldn't pass up such a good deal even if it doesn't make a dramatic difference, it will make me feel better that I have some extra bracing on the chassis as I'm on the track....
Old 09-30-15, 08:42 AM
PiusGS
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I installed my toms strut bar and the fitment is horrible. It pushed down on my engine cover and pushed the Ac line. Has anyone had a fitment issue? I also encountered a weird noise after installation on idle that I could clearly hear in the engine bay. Once I removed the bar the noise went away. It almost sounded like it had a knock in the motor. Here's a video of the sound