IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

I LOVE my KWV3 coils ~ special thanks Exact and Circuit MS :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-10, 07:59 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Lightbulb I LOVE my KWV3 coils ~ special thanks Exact and Circuit MS :)

As some of you know, I wasn't a happy camper after dealing with Acute Performance who was a CL vendor...(seems they are not here anymore) They sold me some BC Racing coils that were for an ISx50 so the spring rates were way too soft. At the ride height I wanted to run, everytime I hit a dip in the road, the car would bottom out and my front tires would hit the inner top of the fender. Unless I raised it to stock height it would bottom out no matter what stiffness I ran. Problem: Spring rates for a V6 could not handle the V8's weight plain and simple

By the time I realized you have to revalve the struts and buy new springs, I said screw it and just got the right stuff which I should have done the first time instead of going cheap...haha

Coming to the rescue Circuit Motorsports sold me a set of KWV3's that were IS-F specific and kept me in the loop the entire time on my shipment and got them me FAST. The installation I left to the experts at Exact Motorsports and as always John/Sandy took care of me. The install is a tedious one that involves some cutting of the oem boot to fit the KW's so I'm glad I let them do the work. If you guys ever need install work in the norcal area, there is no reason not to see them!

Long story short, I drove the car home last night and IMMEDIATELY noticed a difference. No more nasty scraping or bottoming out sounds when I hit the same pot holes and dips in the road. Car felt like my old e46 m3 now and I can actually DRIVE the car without worrying about a ridiculously soft suspension! Every bump is not firm but controlled and the car no longer sways and feels super planted on the road. Sweepers on highways have virtually no lean and you can really hit some fast speeds onto the highway even in pouring rain!

Didn't have time for pictures but just wanted to share my experience. KWV3's are top quality and I'm glad I switched ~ money well spent. Just awaiting my new rims now...hehe

One bad vendor, 2 good vendors made my day

rick

some pics:

Last edited by s4play; 03-12-11 at 10:25 PM. Reason: added pics 3/10/11
Old 01-19-10, 09:42 AM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

can't wait for the pics!!!
Old 01-19-10, 09:58 AM
Tommy350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another KW owner i'm happy with mine also...
went from tein cst for a week to kwv3.... night and day!
Old 01-19-10, 10:57 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

cant wait to see how it looks with the kwv3's! good to hear your bad experience is behind you now man!
Old 01-19-10, 11:22 AM
awd1973
Driver School Candidate

Glad to hear you like them!

Are you currently using the KW prescribed settings?
Old 01-19-10, 12:44 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Yeah, it was my chinese side being cheap again going with BC Racing....I should know that adage by now, buy cheap, buy twice

I had KW's on my previous cars and always loved them, the Lexus IS-F application is no exception. These coils not only make the IS-F look the part of a sport sedan but it now truly feels like on the highway. I feel more confident going into turns and just driving the car HARD now. Before it was like "oh I'd better slow down for that bump" haha

All my settings are from the factory. I have no plans to play with the rebound but may adjust the dampening depending on what my girl says. But so far no complaints, the car rides smooth but firm. A 100% improvement on the stock suspension that IMO, sits to high and feels choppy at best.

rick
Old 01-19-10, 02:03 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I've heard great things about the KW's, I can't wait see pics! Glad you're liking them Rick
Old 01-19-10, 02:39 PM
ilocke
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boy am I glad I didn't buy those coils from you then... Man, I understand you were trying to sell a product and all, but one would think you might give a fellow F owner a heads up and just focus on marketing them to the ISX50 crowd... :/
Old 01-19-10, 05:48 PM
AU_EE
Rookie

Glad to hear you're happy with the end result even if it was a tough jouney getting there.

Can't wait to see pics. I'd love to see one that shows what had to be done to the oem boot if you can finagle that as well.
Old 01-19-10, 05:52 PM
trackdood
Pole Position

kw's kick butt.. i love mine...
Old 01-19-10, 06:22 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ilocke
Boy am I glad I didn't buy those coils from you then... Man, I understand you were trying to sell a product and all, but one would think you might give a fellow F owner a heads up and just focus on marketing them to the ISX50 crowd... :/
I'm sorry if I mislead you, I made plenty of posts about these coils. They are meant for a ISx50 and I sold them to a CL member with a ISx50

A lot of IS-F guys are using these coils too so just remember opinions vary on what works. Another owner may disagree with my perceptions....
Old 01-20-10, 06:45 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Looking forward to pics as always of your car.. One of the best IS-F's on here..
Old 01-20-10, 09:50 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

Glad to hear you got it straightened out. The BC product is not really meant to compete with the KWV3 at all. 1 way vs 3 way, the KW is a much higher level product offering and at 2.5X-3X the price. The BC's are great with the proper springrate and valving and they help to transform the car into a more proper handling creature from the stock combination. For more adjustment and advanced valving curves the KW are in another tier. I ran them on my old IS300 and was very happy with them, especially the INOX stainless bodies.

Remember to retorque all suspension bushings under load so that they are not preloaded.
Fig
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 01-20-10, 10:09 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ what does that help? Also any specific torque to use on these bolts?
Old 01-20-10, 10:36 AM
TomTom
Driver School Candidate

I've heard good things about these. I'm still debating on coils for my IS-F.

Quick Reply: I LOVE my KWV3 coils ~ special thanks Exact and Circuit MS :)