IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Twin turbo IS-F 1/4 mile *VIDEO* Somone please confirm...Grrrr

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-09, 04:05 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by kickhard
I have said that too. I even posted on the youtube thing about proving the times he said with a time slip. Guy is lying out his azz

Cayman what did you post on youtube. Seems like the author removed it. ?? Lame
I actually removed my comment. Youtube bicker usually never goes well and never ends, so I removed my comment. I would love to see some proven power mods making impressive gains in the quarter mile. I have seen huge power gains on the dyno with both Turbo and N20 setups, yet with unimpressive runs at the strip. Something isn't right with this car making significantly more power than stock. Trying to figure it out.
Old 11-03-09, 04:08 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
I actually removed my comment. Youtube bicker usually never goes well and never ends, so I removed my comment. I would love to see some proven power mods making impressive gains in the quarter mile. I have seen huge power gains on the dyno with both Turbo and N20 setups, yet with unimpressive runs at the strip. Something isn't right with this car making significantly more power than stock. Trying to figure it out.
The Artisan kit will most definitely put out higher numbers... I'm a bit skeptical about 1/4 mile and 0-60 times. A lot of people have suggested them to be kind of smothered by the loss of traction. The only solution would be to put Viper-sized tires in the rear (305s or 315s, I think)... but that would involve a lot of costly modifications. In the long run, it's not worth it... not to gain just a tenth or two in 0-60, and a second or so in the 1/4 mile.
Old 11-03-09, 06:34 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

1/4 mile numbers dont mean much for our cars and shouldn't be the deciding factor about the cars true potential. The isf is not a 1/4 mile car. I can almost guarantee that the doubters would be silenced if they roll raced a 500whp isf.
Old 11-03-09, 06:58 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

that run is definitely not a 11 sec run, it looks more like a stock run or 12-13 sec.
Old 11-03-09, 08:03 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by malujerry
i still don't get buying a heavy $60k car, then putting a questionable $15k turbo on it. if someone is after speed, there are better choices at the total price of $75k.
I agree, or spend $1000 on a nice nitrous setup for the F.

But not 15k on a twin turbo kit!
Old 11-03-09, 08:18 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
1/4 mile numbers dont mean much for our cars and shouldn't be the deciding factor about the cars true potential. The isf is not a 1/4 mile car. I can almost guarantee that the doubters would be silenced if they roll raced a 500whp isf.
Well said.
Old 11-03-09, 08:22 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i still don't get buying a heavy $60k car, then putting a questionable $15k turbo on it. if someone is after speed, there are better choices at the total price of $75k.
Agreed!

If going fast is all that matters for $75K a Z06 or GT R should fit the bill nicely.
Old 11-03-09, 11:28 PM
ISF-88
Pole Position

IMO there's no way that IS-F did 11.4 1/4 mile with street tires. Maybe with drag radials...the way he posted on youtube on his times wasn't really specific enough and also he didn't post a 60' time nor a trap speed. If he had a trap speed of 120+ mph then yes most likely he's in the high 11's.

Lets say comparing this run to my friend's modified CLS55 amg run that his car made 552whp and 760ft lbs of tq on the dyno, he ran a 1.7 60' 11.36@124.75mph at pacific raceways drag strip on slicks. Also the CLS55 was still running really low 12's with street tires cuz he couldn't get traction. Even though the CLS55's weight is alot heavier then the ISF alone (CLS55: 4400 lbs vs ISF: 3800lbs) but with the Artisan Twin Turbo kit added to the ISF, with all it's piping the TT ISF car itself should weigh in the 4000+ lb range.

IMO to a conclusion I would say yes the TT'd ISF can run 11.4 on slicks but no way with street tires. This guy is full BS with his 1/4 mile time.

Friend's CLS55 1/4 mile run video
http://www.vimeo.com/7093762

This CLS55 is mean, I've seen him beat semi modded R35 GTR's on highway roll races.

Last edited by ISF-88; 11-04-09 at 12:12 PM.
Old 11-04-09, 07:13 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ISF-88
Friend's CLS55 1/4 mile run video
http://www.vimeo.com/7093762

This CLS55 is mean, I've seen him beat semi modded R35 GTR's on highway roll races.
Wow! That car is a beast for a giant land yacht. Very cool.
Old 11-04-09, 07:46 AM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

wow, i can only imagine the brake's pain to slow down that runaway train. that car is scary fast. is that why it has a scary movie, "quarantine", / mockumentary style cut out at the end of the video?
Old 11-04-09, 09:10 AM
kickhard
Pole Position

I posted under GotzillaGTR and he removed my post challeging his times. He then sends me a PM saying lighten up and crap. PUNK tell the truth about your times
Old 11-04-09, 09:35 AM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

same thing with me, i even provided a link to this thread showing no one believes it.
Old 11-04-09, 10:21 AM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

Wow.....The sound is amazing.......
Old 11-04-09, 10:37 AM
kickhard
Pole Position

same thing with me, i even provided a link to this thread showing no one believes it.
Look at these messages he sends me:

sjs2002sjs has sent you a message:

isf
Im not worried about whether or not you believe my times they were ran at houston motorsports park. I've got a new isf fixing to hit the streets where do you live lets see what you've got.

I respond

Re: isf Re: isf
I own a ISF buddy and a modded GTR. So you see I know what your kit really is capable of. In no way could your car beat my GTR.

(earlier I had told him my car I own and that I know plenty of people in Houston that would be glad to run and I also told him to bring it to the 2010 supra Nationals/GTR nationals and run it since I would be there. If this car really exist)

another message

Re: Re: isf
Very nice car collection. I love people like you Bro so sure of themselves. Always so negative though. So sad, really it is. Lighten up, every car is beatable. I personally love both of my Isfs. The white being my wifes, silver being mine. I have almost 12,000miles on the Artisan twin kit and not a hickup yet so to each his own.

another response
Re: Re: Re: isf Re: Re: Re: isf
That was really smart of you to remove the comments about your car. Shows you really dont have what you say you have. No way will you run that on ISF street tires. Reality hurts

another message this time by his wifey!!LOL

Re: Re: Re: Re: isf
do you really feel like someone big when you talk ***** to someone on youtube about their car..? Does it make you feel better & bigger? If so i hope you feel the way you want.. I'm the owner of the lexus isf, sjs's wife.. Have u drove a isf stocked then one with work done to it?? if not then just stop running ur mouth.. Actually just do us all a favor & stop running your mouth about everybodys cars & tryin to put them to shame just to make urself feel bigger bc your actually making urself look lil..

I dont care to hear what you have to say anymore, you have your opinions on different cars so just keep them to urself or tell someone else who cares..

lastly my responce

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: isf Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: isf
Now that is a real mature spat. I am not running my mouth about something that is false. I also wasnt the fool that sent me a private message first either. The reason you deleted the post on the u tube is because they make you look like a fool. You tube public not private and having your so call wife respond like a little girl that has her or his feeling hurt shows how mature you are. Let your car do the talking not your misleading you tube post and if you cant handle a little crap about your video or post then dont post it. You keep Messaging me and I will keep responding. LOL sounds like a whinny spoiled brat.....I can wait to post this in your little you tube area

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: isf
again I am not talking **** or trying to make you look bad. All I am doing is asking for you to run the car the correct way at the track to show the real numbers it is making. I dont care about how I am making my self look at all. I am much older than you and your wife and could care less about making myself look a certain way. I just want the truth about what you car runs. Hell If it was truthful I would even consider putting a kit like that on my ISF. But the Lexus community people have little faith in this kit. We have had better succes with just hooking it up to bottle.

Last edited by kickhard; 11-04-09 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-04-09, 11:25 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

^^ its funny how a people could be sometimes. I dont see the issue with telling the truth about what a car runs. I know it might be embarrassing to pay 15k and be dissatisfied. But the dissatisfaction should be reason enough to inform other owners about your experience.

He also deleted my post... "Show time slips or it didnt happen". In the case of the 1/4 mile there is no other way to truthfully refute an argument without showing the time slip. Some people just like to dig deeper and deeper until they cant get out of the hole.

Quick Reply: Twin turbo IS-F 1/4 mile *VIDEO* Somone please confirm...Grrrr