IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

LCA bushings?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-23, 11:25 AM
dosnglenn
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Default LCA bushings?

RR Racing or Figs lower control arm bushings?
Old 11-14-23, 11:37 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

They correct the notorious inner tire wear, I went with RR. I lube them every year or so, have them for about 5 yrs. No issues.
The following users liked this post:
dosnglenn (11-14-23)
Old 11-14-23, 04:00 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,845 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Originally Posted by dosnglenn
RR Racing or Figs lower control arm bushings?
Coin toss. Pick whichever and you'll be fine.
dosnglenn (11-14-23)
Old 11-14-23, 09:12 PM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I installed Figs.. the car is more stable over bumps and felts and more planted without the issue of hardness.
dosnglenn (11-30-23)
Old 11-15-23, 11:33 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

The major difference between ours and Figgs is going to be the thrust washer built in. We incorporate this washer to prevent the control arm movement under braking conditions. This is a major contribution to more stable braking and reduced inner tire wear. No other bushing option does this.

-Justin

Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

inovashn (11-15-23)
Old 11-15-23, 05:24 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by RRRacing
The major difference between ours and Figgs is going to be the thrust washer built in. We incorporate this washer to prevent the control arm movement under braking conditions. This is a major contribution to more stable braking and reduced inner tire wear. No other bushing option does this.

-Justin
Not exactly. I have solid bushings on the front and rear of my LCA and at both points on my upper control arm. They don't deflect at all. Yours still flexes with input as any polyurethane or rubber bushing will which is why we have conversations about durometer specs for poly bushings. Not many people are willing to tolerate the NVH that comes with solid bushings, but the steering feel is head and shoulders better than anything else.

Very few, if any, street drivers will notice a difference under braking with either of the polyurethane options. Where it really shows up is on track braking hard from triple digit speeds. The rear of the car feels like it's wandering a little bit, not unlike using too much rear brake on a motorcycle at the track while balancing on the front wheel under full braking. It actually felt pretty familiar to me when I first experienced it.
The following 2 users liked this post by lobuxracer:
CCColtsicehockey (11-16-23), dosnglenn (11-16-23)
Old 11-17-23, 07:46 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Not exactly. I have solid bushings on the front and rear of my LCA and at both points on my upper control arm. They don't deflect at all. Yours still flexes with input as any polyurethane or rubber bushing will which is why we have conversations about durometer specs for poly bushings. Not many people are willing to tolerate the NVH that comes with solid bushings, but the steering feel is head and shoulders better than anything else.

Very few, if any, street drivers will notice a difference under braking with either of the polyurethane options. Where it really shows up is on track braking hard from triple digit speeds. The rear of the car feels like it's wandering a little bit, not unlike using too much rear brake on a motorcycle at the track while balancing on the front wheel under full braking. It actually felt pretty familiar to me when I first experienced it.
For clarification, I was considering a urethane street bushing vs a competing urethane street bushing as I assumed that was what the post was referring to. I was not addressing race bushing with bearings in them.

Our steel, large surface thrust washer is preloaded against the control arm. The bushing has a 1/4" of 85 or 90 durometer bushing surface between the steel washer and is supported by the bushing housing on the other side. Videos are on our site that show the lack of axial deflection from this configuration. This is not something you get anywhere else. The videos are out there for both options.

Also,
Very few, if any, street drivers will notice a difference under braking with either of the polyurethane options.
with our thrust washer and prevention of axial defection, they do. I sell a couple hundred sets a year for 7 years. We have real feedback.

Old 11-17-23, 10:59 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by RRRacing
...No other bushing option does this.

-Justin
Seems pretty clear to me what you said right here. No other. Just not true. Intakes for these cars sell lots and lots, but no one other than MotoIQ has ever demonstrated power increases from them and lots here have tried. Sales don't equate to actual results, they just equate to sales. There's LOTS of junk out there to waste your money providing no benefit except to the seller. Not saying this is one of those, but telling me people notice a difference between your solution and SuperPro's solution isn't very convincing. Show me a lap time improvement, show me a front tire wear study indicating improvement, show me stopping data indicating your solution improves grip and reduces stopping distance. Just saying people like it and buy it doesn't hold a lot of weight with me when you are claiming "No other bushing does this" and I responded with an alternative that actually does better than your solution.
The following 2 users liked this post by lobuxracer:
dosnglenn (11-17-23), viprez586 (11-22-23)
Old 11-17-23, 01:20 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Lobuxracer,

Your posts are off topic and have no direct relation to anything I posted. I am highly unmotivated to pick them apart. The old saying, don't argue with a fool because people from a distance can't tell who is who rings very true here.

I would refer anyone looking into these options to review the information in my previous posts. This advice below doesn't account for the blatant difference between the 2 products in question.
Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Coin toss. Pick whichever and you'll be fine.
-Justin

Old 11-22-23, 02:27 PM
viprez586
Intermediate

Received 121 Likes on 59 Posts

In other words - "don't argue with us because we're always right and our competitors are always worse"
😆
The following 5 users liked this post by viprez586:
dosnglenn (11-23-23), JT2MA71 (11-29-23), lobuxracer (11-24-23), msgs350 (11-28-23), PJSnow (11-28-23)
Old 11-27-23, 07:25 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by viprez586
In other words - "don't argue with us because we're always right and our competitors are always worse"
😆
I don't think that's correct Jake. My posts are a pretty clear and technical rebuttal to our products being a coin toss. Nothing really to argue about.

-Justin

Old 11-27-23, 11:32 PM
xdejablu3x
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickna
They correct the notorious inner tire wear, I went with RR. I lube them every year or so, have them for about 5 yrs. No issues.
Do you have to completely remove them to lube? Ive been thinking about doing them but havent gotten to mine yet. Just wasn't sure if there was an easier way to lube vs having to completely move them in order to do so.
inovashn (11-28-23)
Old 11-28-23, 05:43 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by xdejablu3x
Do you have to completely remove them to lube? Ive been thinking about doing them but havent gotten to mine yet. Just wasn't sure if there was an easier way to lube vs having to completely move them in order to do so.
Yes, I completely remove them in order to lube the shafts on the control arms. Then reinstall according to RR Racing instructions. Only once a year, so IMO it's not a big deal.
Old 11-28-23, 10:38 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

I never had to lube my Super Pro bushings except on installation. I did front and rear LCA at the same time. They've both been replaced by solid bushings that are said to need spray dry Teflon lube occasionally. I did this for the first time after 3 years of having the rear unit installed, when I installed the front bearing in September. I don't have a lot of experience with how long it might take to be noisy, but it's dead simple to use the spray and hit both sides of the bearings. No disassembly required. None of them have ever made any noise.
Old 11-29-23, 09:28 AM
93MSB
Instructor

Received 151 Likes on 100 Posts

I have had the superpro LCA's on for 2 years now and have only lubricated them on assembly, no noises.

Last edited by 93MSB; 11-29-23 at 09:32 AM.

Quick Reply: LCA bushings?