IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ZEE'S IS-F Exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-09, 11:41 AM
BulletproofAuto
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ZEE'S IS-F Exhausts

ZEE'S has a great deal of experience with tuning Lexus cars and has produced an exhaust for the IS-F. However, instead of just providing one option, ZEE'S has chosen to make a few different versions of this exhaust, making anywhere from 15hp to 30hp. With that in mind I wanted to make an informative post about the various options.

ZEE'S calls their two exhausts version A and version B. Front, mid and rear sections are available separately for each version.

Version A uses the flanges below and the exhaust diameter goes from 60mm to 76mm to 70mm.

Version B uses the flanges below to increase the diameter to 76mm for the whole system.

Neither version is cheap, but it's hard to beat the quality and exclusivity of a system like this. You can see the dyno testing here.

-Patrick

Last edited by BulletproofAuto; 09-18-09 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Fixed a picture.
Old 09-18-09, 12:29 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you have any more information for us regarding this particular exhaust? What it's made of? Sounds clips? What advantages the differences in the flanges provide? Etc.
Old 09-18-09, 12:33 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the picture all it looks like is a secondary cat delete. Can you please give us some more information on the different versions. Dyno results and sound clips would be great.
Old 09-18-09, 12:44 PM
ISF-88
Pole Position

Ya I saw this on the website, this whole system costs over 6k usd! But the quality and design is nice. The piping size is good too considering this V8 should be using 3" piping at least. I actually have a friend who is custom making a full Ti catback exhaust with a similiar design using 3-3.5 inch piping as well. It will be a while for it to show up as it's still in the R&D process. Anyhow nice exhaust system.
Old 09-18-09, 01:07 PM
BulletproofAuto
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigMikeISF
Do you have any more information for us regarding this particular exhaust? What it's made of? Sounds clips? What advantages the differences in the flanges provide? Etc.
Unfortunately I don't have any information or sound clips beyond what's shown on the website. The exhaust is made of stainless steel. The special flanges are a larger diameter than stock and allow the engine to produce more power. The dyno results were as follows:

Stock - 360.5ps
Type A rear section only - 374.4ps
Type A full exhaust - 382.4ps
Type B full exhaust - 389.3ps

According to the website the sound is more "exciting" than stock ("you can experience the race") However, they also say that it is not much louder. In fact, the rear section is supposed to be slightly quieter than stock.

-Patrick
Old 09-18-09, 01:10 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow! and i only spent 80 bucks! for the money i feel the second cat and muffler delete sound and perform great!
Old 09-18-09, 01:40 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BulletproofAuto

Stock - 360.5ps
Type A rear section only - 374.4ps
Type A full exhaust - 382.4ps
Type B full exhaust - 389.3ps
-Patrick
Numbers are strong. that's about 384whp with just exhaust. This is getting me thinking

Originally Posted by LEXUSF
wow! and i only spent 80 bucks! for the money i feel the second cat and muffler delete sound and perform great!
After taking a look at this system im thinking about going straight pipes back to the muffler when headers hit the market Probably going to be way too loud though.
Old 09-18-09, 02:38 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Numbers are strong. that's about 384whp with just exhaust. This is getting me thinking

After taking a look at this system im thinking about going straight pipes back to the muffler when headers hit the market Probably going to be way too loud though.
maybe do away with exhaust tips and fill the bumper and make it flush. then either do header then dump after rear axle or do them out the side like the cobra?

im gonna do headers straight pipe to a muffler in the rear so its not to loud.
Old 09-18-09, 02:40 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ISF-88
Ya I saw this on the website, this whole system costs over 6k usd! But the quality and design is nice. The piping size is good too considering this V8 should be using 3" piping at least. I actually have a friend who is custom making a full Ti catback exhaust with a similiar design using 3-3.5 inch piping as well. It will be a while for it to show up as it's still in the R&D process. Anyhow nice exhaust system.
Holy Cow... $6k ..

It is my opinion that a Full Dual 3-3.5" exhaust system on an NA motor may not perform to well...
As Back pressure will be affected greatly.
But, it will be nice to see what happens during this R&D process..
Hopefully a few more ponies get squeezed out.

Also, one of the main reasons why we used 2.5" piping throughout our Full True Dual design, was spacing issues in some key areas.

Originally Posted by Lexus USA
The IS-F exhaust system starts with tubular exhaust manifolds and integrated catalysts. Next come dual 2.4 inch diameter front pipes that are joined before a pre-muffler and 2.7 inch single center pipe, after which the system splits into two 2.1 inch pipes and enter dual 16.8 liter mufflers.

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 09-20-09 at 10:35 AM. Reason: corrected
Old 09-18-09, 03:31 PM
ISF-88
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Holy Cow... $6k ..

It is my opinion that a Full 3-3.5" system on an NA motor may not perform to well...
As Back pressure will be reduced greatly.

Also, one of the main reasons why we used 2.5" piping throughout our Full True Dual design, was spacing issues in some key areas.

Joe Z

Yup over 6k usd for stainless steel too..that's JDM for ya. Anyhow ya 2.5 inch is a good size for a true dual system like yours but this isn't true dual, from header back into 1 single center pipe back out to the dual axle back so bigger piping might work. Who knows though, time will tell til someone tries it.
Old 09-18-09, 03:34 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

looking forward to the R&D interesting...
Old 09-18-09, 07:15 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

subscribed. Another option to look at guys.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 09-19-09, 03:42 PM
stick
Pole Position

That exhaust would have to make 100hp for me to buy it at $6k....
Old 09-19-09, 03:54 PM
chrisburke
Lead Lap

who would ever spend that much on a muffler... (PAUL DONT SAY A WORD)
Old 09-20-09, 09:28 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,847 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Holy Cow... $6k ..

It is my opinion that a Full 3-3.5" system on an NA motor may not perform to well...
As Back pressure will be reduced greatly.

Joe Z
Backpressure will increase not decrease. That's why bigger pipes don't necessarily perform better. Atmospheric pressure increases at the exhaust port with larger tubing - it does not decrease as so many would like to believe - and that's what causes the power loss. If it truly did reduce "backpressure," it would be better period.

I'll be happy to discuss the physics of this, but the reality is most guys don't understand beans about pressure, volume, and exhaust flows; including many who claim to be tuners.

Quick Reply: ZEE'S IS-F Exhausts