IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Ultimate exhaust tip for the IS-F (see picture)

Old 07-23-09, 10:39 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Exclamation Ultimate exhaust tip for the IS-F (see picture)

with all this talk of alternative exhausts I still believe it's best to have an exhaust that is NOT attached to the bumper for obvious reasons.

Everyone is trying to "market" different exhausts for this car and I think each of them are going about it the wrong way (tanabe, etc).

I love my JoeZ exhaust and think it's perfect - just need to change up the look of the rear exhaust tips. I'm surprised no one has come up with a single bigger exhaust tip (aka Lamborghini and Bugatti)

I think a single fat exhaust tip that is shaped to flow with the stock bumper would look simply MENACING!!!!

Snapped this the other day, perfect tip but just need to shape it a bit to fit the IS-F openings

Old 07-23-09, 11:01 AM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow ive only seen a blue/white Bugatti and that was in Saratoga. I've never seen that gold Bugatti before!

And of course its near santana row
Old 07-23-09, 11:19 AM
Damage
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Already stated this:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4699571-post268.html
Old 07-23-09, 11:21 AM
ilocke
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally I don't like the exhaust in the first post, but I'm all for more options being available!
Old 07-23-09, 11:24 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Thanks Rick!!!

The trick is going to be on getting the internal part to be shapped "bowl" like the OEM piece.

Now, take a look at this finishing piece on the new 2010 Camaro...

I saw a Silver one just yesterday, like below..
The only visual problem was the round tips inside the square box..

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 07-23-09 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-23-09, 11:40 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think a single pseudo exhaust tip (like the LS460) would look any better than the dual, especially if you can still see the real exhaust through it. Personally, I like the approach that Tanabe took with it's two massive cannons.

Old 07-23-09, 11:44 AM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally I like the stock quads. From what I've seen in regards to the ISS Forged exhaust tips, they look pretty damn sweet too, just a different type of quads
Old 07-23-09, 11:59 AM
FNMUPN8
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

So the Veyron's essentially a priceless 1,000+ hp QUAD turbo 16 cylinder behemoth removing all of that engines exhaust out of that single "tip". I GUARANTEE there is a ridiculous amount of technology built into that simple piece of equipment and how it functions with respect to the mufflers, etc. You can't just slap any fabricated piece on to the end of a high performance exhaust. It may look pretty but if it isn't functional then forget it.
Old 07-23-09, 12:14 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Default Great Point!!

Originally Posted by FNMUPN8
... I GUARANTEE there is a ridiculous amount of technology built into that simple piece of equipment and how it functions with respect to the mufflers, etc. You can't just slap any fabricated piece on to the end of a high performance exhaust. It may look pretty but if it isn't functional then forget it.
Same applies to the IS-F "Quad Exhaust Diffuser"

Joe Z
Old 07-23-09, 12:19 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

^ hey that's my exhaust diffuser!!!
Old 07-23-09, 12:29 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

JoeZ: I was studying the inner bowl section of the oem IS-F setup and I would think it can't be that hard to construct something out of sheetmetal if need be. The trick would be to shape it so it's not so obvious from behind that it's just a single muffler behind the massive tip. I think the Lambo and Bugatti masks it well but the Camaro doesn't do as well since you can obviously see right into the tip

This is what Damage suggests with the Lambo setup and I think a nice thick tip that FOLLOWS the lines of our stock bumper so it would be an offset square essentially.

Old 07-23-09, 04:46 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by montgb
I don't think a single pseudo exhaust tip (like the LS460) would look any better than the dual, especially if you can still see the real exhaust through it. Personally, I like the approach that Tanabe took with it's two massive cannons.

I like the tanabe too, but they are still tba
Old 07-23-09, 05:45 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

There is one guy in CA that has the Tanabe and according to him, his car was the test vehicle for Tanabe's exhaust. I'm only aware of the one guy who owns this exhaust.

rick
Old 07-23-09, 06:23 PM
DaveMS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FNMUPN8
So the Veyron's essentially a priceless 1,000+ hp QUAD turbo 16 cylinder behemoth removing all of that engines exhaust out of that single "tip". I GUARANTEE there is a ridiculous amount of technology built into that simple piece of equipment and how it functions with respect to the mufflers, etc. You can't just slap any fabricated piece on to the end of a high performance exhaust. It may look pretty but if it isn't functional then forget it.
There are actually 4 tips on the Veyron. They tried to do it with 2 but had to create the two outside hidden tips to get the flow they needed for performance numbers.

Old 07-23-09, 06:46 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

if any of you guys have seen a real diffuser, then you wouldnt worry so much about the stock IS_F one.... --____--

Excuse me while i JIIIIIIZ~~~~~~~!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ultimate exhaust tip for the IS-F (see picture)