IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

BC Racing Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-09, 06:11 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I recommend you people who are having problems contacting a current vendor of BC racing coilovers, contact BC directly (they're located in FL, and they can answer questions much quicker if certain vendors arent replying quickly enough).

I've called them before and you talk to a real person so you would get a quicker response and its directly from the manufacturer so give it a try, and report back.

Last edited by ExTrEmE99; 11-21-09 at 06:42 PM.
Old 11-21-09, 06:32 PM
chrisburke
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

time for KW's
Old 11-21-09, 07:25 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We usually ask what the car will be used for and what the drivers preferences are when we are approahced about kits.

No spring rate will be the perfect setup for everyone. Some poeple like a softer ride for street driving, some like a firm ride for that sporty feel and some like rock-hard, no compliance, suspensions for their track day sl*t.

So don't think because Guy A loves his springrate and setup that it will be perfect for Guy B.

You must first decide what you like and what you are planning to do with your car, an important step often overshadowed by hype and price.
Old 11-21-09, 07:28 PM
chrisburke
Lead Lap

reason why CMS took care of me and with my special needs for the track they got me WHAT I NEEDED ON MY BC's... THANKS CMS..
Old 11-21-09, 07:36 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXUSF
i am sorry i was wrong he wants 380 to revalve and 350 for springs now! so almost the price of a new set! wow! need customer service! also its not a daily driver just sits in the garage so its not like im wearing down what i have!
Sell them to an IS250/GS350 owner and get a new set. Like I said, the spring rate and valving have to match to make it work.

I am a vendor here as well and can probably work something out. In fact I became a vendor specifically to deal with this application as I was concerned that people would misunderstand and sell the softer setup.

KW's are a better product IMO just because of the damping control flexibility, but the BC product is outstanding for its price point and I have been pretty darn pleased with things over the time I have had them on.
s4play, Call BC directly and see if they will work things out. IF not maybe I can assist.

Fig
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 11-22-09, 08:59 AM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We also work with BC directly and we understand what the rates and valving values are for what BCR sells and recommends.

IF you guys are having issues with rates and need a revalve, or questions on swap outs they should be directly sent to BCR themselves. They do not allow dealers to resell re-valved shocks, as they tie that serivice in with their warranty claims.

Only at the time of initial purchase can a dealer sell a re-valved kit, so it will ship directly from the factory.

BCR - 321-206-6381
Old 11-23-09, 03:33 PM
verals05
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by verals05
seems I've got the ones for the IS250/GS300, So hopefully Zen Motors here can get mine swapped out, because my car has been diving and I've tried adjusting the stiffness and it just continues to dive. =(

Update: They really respond super FAST! Tray is a great guy! Anyway... He's calling Monday and seeing if we can get them swapped out or just purchase the springs.

Any thoughts?

Alright, well I've contacted BC as well. They are suppose to call me back because I feel the best setup is 14K/16K. They said it will require revalving. Tony (BS Sales), said he will contact me back on what him and the manager are going to do... Hopefully its something affordable if even the best would be to see if they can exchange them out =)
Old 11-23-09, 05:09 PM
chrisburke
Lead Lap

Alright, well I've contacted BC as well. They are suppose to call me back because I feel the best setup is 14K/16K. They said it will require revalving. Tony (BS Sales), said he will contact me back on what him and the manager are going to do... Hopefully its something affordable if even the best would be to see if they can exchange them out =)
14k front 16k rear??

that cant be???
Old 11-23-09, 06:24 PM
verals05
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chrisburke
14k front 16k rear??

that cant be???
No... 14K or 16K for the front... sorry.
Old 11-23-09, 06:44 PM
chrisburke
Lead Lap

GO 16k I had 16k with my BC's, CMS can vouch for me on that. And it worked perfect. Personally if you are going to track it i would say go 20k but thats your call.
Old 11-23-09, 08:13 PM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I noticed that there's part numbers on the springs in some pics. Maybe if you guys can post the part numbers that correspond to the spring rates it can helps the guys who are trying to figure out what they actually are running...
Just a suggestion...
Old 11-23-09, 08:16 PM
chrisburke
Lead Lap

Sorry for the HUGE pic. but if you see the numbers on the spring you will see 14 at the end.. THATS THE RATE.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is2...and-cheap.html
Old 11-23-09, 09:43 PM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisburke
Sorry for the HUGE pic. but if you see the numbers on the spring you will see 14 at the end.. THATS THE RATE.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is2...and-cheap.html
That totally makes sense...thanks...
Old 11-23-09, 10:31 PM
chrisburke
Lead Lap

no problem..
Old 11-24-09, 05:28 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i talked to the same guy yesterday and he is aware of like three cl members whom are all un happy. i am trying the same thing except im going with 16k/12k

Quick Reply: BC Racing Coilovers