IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Independent DYNO Proven results by "Caymandive" - no BS here!!

Old 10-26-16, 10:11 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Well the current numbers are in! In a nutshell I believe with the addition of the GESI cats combined with the new v2 headers yield about the same if not a tad bit more power than with the v1 headers and being catless. SAE shows the car is down only 6 hp, but UNCORRECTED the car is making more power than ever, even with slightly warmer testing temperatures. With that said, I don't have full confidence in the SAE correction factor this time around with temps being warmer and the humidity only being slightly lower and being hit with a .97 SAE correction instead of 1.0 like I had hoped to see today. So guys, I don't know how much this helps you, but I'm happy to see that my car is not down on power compared to before even with the addition of the high flow cats. I can only conclude that the new v2 headers are indeed superior to the v1 headers which already made excellent power. I do however wish I had not put the cats in so soon so I could get more of an apples to apples comparison, but at least now you know how the F will perform with GESI cats and the v2 headers. Any thoughts are comments are welcome as always.

I plan to get the RR Tune soon and will post results of that next.

Attached Thumbnails Independent DYNO Proven results by "Caymandive" - no BS here!!-uncorrected-results.jpg   Independent DYNO Proven results by "Caymandive" - no BS here!!-sae-results.jpg  

Last edited by caymandive; 10-27-16 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-26-16, 10:14 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Ah , i c , thank you sir
Old 10-26-16, 11:30 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Good to know the Gesi cats don't lose power! In the not to distant future they are on my list to get rid of the smell when your catless & FBO

Last edited by MileHIFcar; 10-26-16 at 12:26 PM.
Old 10-26-16, 12:22 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Good to know the Gesi cats don't lose power! In the not to distant future they are on my list to get rid of the smell when your castles & FBO
I can't say for sure that the GESI cats don't lose any power, but what I can say for sure is that the GESI cats combined with the V2 headers produce nearly the same results as the V1 headers and being catless.
Old 10-26-16, 06:04 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

So basically could be a +7 who gain from v1 headers to be and a -5 to -7 hp lose from going to cats....really don't know. But there is a gain, which is good!
Did Sikky install the high flow cats or you did?

V.
Old 10-26-16, 06:57 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Vitveet
So basically could be a +7 who gain from v1 headers to be and a -5 to -7 hp lose from going to cats....really don't know. But there is a gain, which is good!
Did Sikky install the high flow cats or you did?

V.
Yeah what you said could true and makes sense. JE Import did the high flow cat install.
Old 10-27-16, 07:06 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

Hey Caymandive, great way to post your results to the community. After owning the car for almost a year, I cant believe I missed this thread until today.

I'm hoping you do a rr tune results and share your findings. For me, I tried the rr tune and intake and was having some trouble making good power which was odd (I did not have the time to trouble shoot), then I tried the tune alone and it actually jumped 10-15 more horses, it's really strange how these cars behave. I do wish I had the time to dyno more unfortunately, I lack the time and money to keep dynoing, and had time to do only a few quick pulls on dyno so am keeping the tune in the end since it did make some nice power. I'm not sure why however on my testings I learned that a high flow filter (mine was apexi) and joez pipe added consecutive 5-10whp all around even the operator did not believe it and kept wanting to do more hot runs to see the numbers fall, but it did not. I didnt even have time to get the printouts, I will have to go back sometime on the weekend. Likely they were probably more interested in dynoing 1000hp gtrs than 400whp isfs

Again really appreciate you posting, I really don't see many posting information like this and reading the thread from post 1 is definitely worth it and gives some what of a starting point.
Old 10-27-16, 07:41 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by k20trick
Hey Caymandive, great way to post your results to the community. After owning the car for almost a year, I cant believe I missed this thread until today.

I'm hoping you do a rr tune results and share your findings. For me, I tried the rr tune and intake and was having some trouble making good power which was odd (I did not have the time to trouble shoot), then I tried the tune alone and it actually jumped 10-15 more horses, it's really strange how these cars behave. I do wish I had the time to dyno more unfortunately, I lack the time and money to keep dynoing, and had time to do only a few quick pulls on dyno so am keeping the tune in the end since it did make some nice power. I'm not sure why however on my testings I learned that a high flow filter (mine was apexi) and joez pipe added consecutive 5-10whp all around even the operator did not believe it and kept wanting to do more hot runs to see the numbers fall, but it did not. I didnt even have time to get the printouts, I will have to go back sometime on the weekend. Likely they were probably more interested in dynoing 1000hp gtrs than 400whp isfs

Again really appreciate you posting, I really don't see many posting information like this and reading the thread from post 1 is definitely worth it and gives some what of a starting point.
Yeah I'm still waiting to hear back from RR Racing, but would like to go and get the tune sometime next week. I'm on the fence about getting both the tune and intake so I may just go for the tune for now and see what it does. I like the incremental approach especially when I'm testing.
Old 10-28-16, 05:56 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice James looking forward to your new numbers with the tune? I'm hoping in getting in the near future.
Old 10-28-16, 06:09 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Thanks! I will be driving up to RR-Racing on Monday and splurging. I decided to just get it all to include the Tuned Intake, Carbon Fiber intake elbow and the Air/Oil separator.
Old 10-28-16, 09:41 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
Thanks! I will be driving up to RR-Racing on Monday and splurging. I decided to just get it all to include the Tuned Intake, Carbon Fiber intake elbow and the Air/Oil separator.
Nice! Given the extra few HP that the Sikky v2 headers are adding, you might end up with one of the most powerful NA IS-Fs around.

-Mike
Old 10-31-16, 01:55 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Drove up to RR-Racing today and met with Rafi, Simon and Anthony. Great bunch of people and I can see the passion in how they work. A big welcome to the Lexus community for sure. So while I was there we installed the intake, tune, air/oil separator and the USRS bushings. I have to be honest I did not expect to notice the power gain via the ole' butt dyno, but I can absolutely tell the difference. Also the bushings are awesome! Car feels more planted and sure footed and that intake sound....WOW! Sounds awesome!! I had a feeling it would be too loud and resonate like some of my previous intakes I've tried on other cars, but this one just growls and it's music to my ears.

Will drive around for a week or so and get scheduled for another dyno and post results. I then plan to start hitting the drag strip the later half of November and early December.
Attached Thumbnails Independent DYNO Proven results by "Caymandive" - no BS here!!-img_1812.jpg   Independent DYNO Proven results by "Caymandive" - no BS here!!-fullsizerender.jpg   Independent DYNO Proven results by "Caymandive" - no BS here!!-img_1811.jpg  
Old 10-31-16, 02:04 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Welcome to the tuned club sir lolz i'm sure u going to like it :P
Old 10-31-16, 04:41 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Not to stir the pot but what was RR's impression of the Sicky headers since they seem to be partnered with PPE?
Old 10-31-16, 05:09 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by FFM
Not to stir the pot but what was RR's impression of the Sicky headers since they seem to be partnered with PPE?
Not really stirring the pot. The RR guys seem to all have some sort of engineering background and made a few comments on the prototype headers on the car, asked me what my thoughts are on them and that was about it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Independent DYNO Proven results by "Caymandive" - no BS here!!