ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS F (2008-2014) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014-200/)
-   -   I Did It (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/395420-i-did-it.html)

flowrider 12-04-08 07:52 PM

I Did It

Originally Posted by lowrideraz (Post 4050108)
Yep - I just bought my wife a new '08 ES350, and while at the dealers I drove an ISF. Big mistake on my part. I now WANT one BAD. I also drive a G35 Coupe, an '03 modded 6MT. Before that I had a SC300 5MT coupe. Buying the ES brought back all the old memories of my SC. Lexus just treats you better, and IMO, the build is superior. The ISF is a monster. The dealer will only give $4-$5 K off of MSRP, not enough. I'm searching Auto Trader and eBay. I don't need a new car, but, again. I miss the Lexus experience, and I want the F.

Lou

Well, I did it. Bought an "F" this afternoon. $61K MSRP for $51.5K. Mercury Metallic. I pick it up saturday morning. Can't wait.

The above post was made in the IS, 2nd Generation forums. As it says I bought the "F" today, and I'm exhausted. They had nine at this dealership. 3 were Smoky Granite, 4 were Obsidian, and 2 were Mercury Metallic.

Lou

CrazyMPG 12-04-08 07:56 PM

congrats! :) Next time I will wait for the car craze to die down b4 I buy another high demand car...I paid MSRP for my IS-F when it first came out...oh well if it is an Exotic I should be happy to pay MSRP :p

Just F Me 12-04-08 08:01 PM

that's awefully low for an IS F...i got mine for 55.5 + fees....did you not get the ML package?

BigMikeISF 12-04-08 08:15 PM

Congrats on the purchase! :thumbup: Great color choice :) Post up pics after you pick it up

CDNROCKIES 12-04-08 08:32 PM

Congrats and welcome to the club.:thumbup:

As our economy isn't struggling nearly as bad as yours (yet?), there are still no smoking deals on F's up here:( Nice pick up at a great price.;)

flowrider 12-04-08 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Just F Me (Post 4058317)
that's awefully low for an IS F...i got mine for 55.5 + fees....did you not get the ML package?

Yes and the Nav. which I didn't want or will ever use. I have Navigation in my phone, and will continue to use that. I didn't want the ML stereo either, but I don't think there any "F"s in the west without it. As I said, this dealer had 9 "F"s and I've been working them since the day after I bought my wife's ES.

Lou

ngl1145 12-05-08 05:34 AM

Wow! That's a great deal. I wish I paid that when I bought mine. I guess that's the price to pay having it when it first comes out. Enjoy it!

montgb 12-05-08 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by lowrideraz (Post 4058526)
Yes and the Nav. which I didn't want or will ever use. I have Navigation in my phone, and will continue to use that. I didn't want the ML stereo either, but I don't think there any "F"s in the west without it. As I said, this dealer had 9 "F"s and I've been working them since the day after I bought my wife's ES.

Lou

Congrats on your purchase! However, the Lexus in-dash Nav system seems to be a far superior choice compared to a phone Nav. Why would you continue to use your cell?

caymandive 12-05-08 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by montgb (Post 4059191)
Congrats on your purchase! However, the Lexus in-dash Nav system seems to be a far superior choice compared to a phone Nav. Why would you continue to use your cell?

I was wondering the same. :uh:

zakizaki 12-05-08 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by lowrideraz (Post 4058298)
Well, I did it. Bought an "F" this afternoon. $61K MSRP for $51.5K. Mercury Metallic. I pick it up saturday morning. Can't wait.
Lou

Congrats, but you are holding back on some info bro;)

How many miles on the car?
Used or Demo?
Does it really have the Nav? ML?
Trade in factored in?

When you take delivery they show you what a useful and user friendly device the Lexus Nav is. For someone to continue to want to use their cell phone as a nav would be almost preposterous.

No matter. The IS-F is a great car. Enjoy it!

UZ214 12-05-08 07:05 AM

great buy! you will love the "F"

btwanky 12-05-08 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG (Post 4058306)
congrats! :) Next time I will wait for the car craze to die down b4 I buy another high demand car...I paid MSRP for my IS-F when it first came out...oh well if it is an Exotic I should be happy to pay MSRP :p

its just because of the economy... if it was the same as last year... people would still be paying 61k for these cars

flowrider 12-05-08 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by zakizaki (Post 4059225)
Congrats, but you are holding back on some info bro;)

How many miles on the car?
Used or Demo?
Does it really have the Nav? ML?
Trade in factored in?

When you take delivery they show you what a useful and user friendly device the Lexus Nav is. For someone to continue to want to use their cell phone as a nav would be almost preposterous.

No matter. The IS-F is a great car. Enjoy it!

How many miles on the car? - 26
Used or Demo? - No
Does it really have the Nav? ML? - Yes - Both
Trade in factored in? - No

Preposterous - I think not. I'll keep the screen for map information, but, as I said, I'll keep using my phone for GPS instructions.

Thank You - From I have seen so far, I will Enjoy It!!!!

Lou

Salil022 12-05-08 10:10 AM

Wow....What a crazy deal on a brand new F :thumbup:

lm123xyz 12-05-08 11:48 AM

08 right? or is it 09? ps amazing deal best I've done so far is 53,5. good to know.