IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Did anyone get the Mark Levinson upgrade?

Old 11-05-08, 04:20 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Did anyone get the Mark Levinson upgrade?

Just curious, do you guys in the US have the option for the Mark Levinson upgrade?
Old 11-05-08, 04:23 PM
waynetech2
Pole Position

A large majority of IS-F's were built with ML..(Eastern Region)
Old 11-05-08, 04:26 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup, an option but most are built with it

Last edited by BigMikeISF; 11-05-08 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-05-08, 04:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

most of the is-f i have seen locally have the ML already
Old 11-05-08, 04:41 PM
AllenISF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine does.
Old 11-05-08, 07:42 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually getting one without the ML system would be an option here in the US.
Old 11-05-08, 08:28 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Juanca
Actually getting one without the ML system would be an option here in the US.
Actually, no it wouldn't... It is a manufaturers option and does not come standard with the car. Or are you saying that you guys don't get the choice as to what options you get b/c they are all pre-ordered? Maybe that is one reason why mine took 11 months for confirmed arrival, b/c I choose every thing I wanted on the car?
Old 11-05-08, 08:59 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Actually, no it wouldn't... It is a manufaturers option and does not come standard with the car. Or are you saying that you guys don't get the choice as to what options you get b/c they are all pre-ordered? Maybe that is one reason why mine took 11 months for confirmed arrival, b/c I choose every thing I wanted on the car?
Hi Dave.

In Canada, we only have one option package and then the car is fully loaded. That package consists of:
Bluetooth Capability • 14 Speakers • Mark Levinson Audio • In Dash 6 Disc DVD Changer 5.1CH Audio • DVD Based Navigation System with Backup Camera • 7.0-inch LCD Display (Liquid Crystal Display)
$4100 for all of these upgrades.
Not sure if or why anybody wouldn't take the package and as far as I know from the dealer everyone has chosen it.
I had pre-ordered mine and had it built with the color I wanted as well as the option package. The only other choice I had was the white seats which I passed on.

Good luck and enjoy the car
Old 11-05-08, 09:03 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It was kind of a joke! In the US you'd have to order it without the ML system. In my experience, out of 5 different IS-Fs that I've seen at dealers, all of them had the ML system. When I asked about getting my IS-F in basic form (no options) I was told that I'd have to wait more than a month, so I got a fully equipped one.
Old 11-05-08, 09:04 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Finding one without ML would be far more difficult.

Here in the Southwest, IS-F's only come one way - loaded. $61,500, ML, park sensors, nav, everything.
Old 11-05-08, 10:42 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Hi Dave.

In Canada, we only have one option package and then the car is fully loaded. That package consists of:
Bluetooth Capability • 14 Speakers • Mark Levinson Audio • In Dash 6 Disc DVD Changer 5.1CH Audio • DVD Based Navigation System with Backup Camera • 7.0-inch LCD Display (Liquid Crystal Display)
$4100 for all of these upgrades.
Not sure if or why anybody wouldn't take the package and as far as I know from the dealer everyone has chosen it.
I had pre-ordered mine and had it built with the color I wanted as well as the option package. The only other choice I had was the white seats which I passed on.

Good luck and enjoy the car
I also took every option, except the polished wheels. I like the black ones better.
Originally Posted by Juanca
It was kind of a joke! In the US you'd have to order it without the ML system. In my experience, out of 5 different IS-Fs that I've seen at dealers, all of them had the ML system. When I asked about getting my IS-F in basic form (no options) I was told that I'd have to wait more than a month, so I got a fully equipped one.
Sorry, I missed the sarcasm in the joke.
That is what I figured, it seems most places are ordering them fully loaded and then selling them, I suppose it is better to have the car on hand than have the customer wait.
Originally Posted by kalvano
Finding one without ML would be far more difficult.

Here in the Southwest, IS-F's only come one way - loaded. $61,500, ML, park sensors, nav, everything.
I agree who would want one without all the options. It is just that car places don't work like they do in the states(I have never lived in the States) ,here they take your order and then you wait for the car, very rarely do they have the car on site unless it was a demo model.
Old 11-06-08, 06:17 AM
ISF FAN
Pole Position

In So. Cal. most if not all of the F's come with ML. The only thing that's not already loaded are the parking sensors and the light washers. I'm happy with not having those options.
Old 11-06-08, 09:55 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Yeah, pretty much all of them here in the Midwest have ML too as delivered to dealers. Only PCS and ACC are typically left off.
Old 11-06-08, 11:24 AM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Yup. I was planning to get one without Nav/ML, but was told that I would have to special order it, which wasn't worth it because I'd have to pay sticker.
Old 11-06-08, 04:31 PM
btwanky
Lead Lap

you would most likely have to special order the car not to have the ML already installed... who would buy a 56,600$ car.. and not pay the extra 4 or so grand on making it the best

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Did anyone get the Mark Levinson upgrade?