Search this Thread

Old 05-15-09, 08:52 AM
JUST IS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ta250
What are they tuning it with?
Originally Posted by FoxCars
Nothing, car is so rich at 6psi it doesn't need anything. No check engine light and I have 11,000 miles on the kit now. It works, no doubt about it.
So if they aren't using anything to tune, what about this:

Look where is says "Electronics"

Artisan Lexus IS-F

I'm a little confused.
Old 05-15-09, 09:07 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JUST IS

Artisan Lexus IS-F

I'm a little confused.
Ive been trying to figure out the answer to this question for a while now. Im gonna be stocking this thread until i find out
Old 05-15-09, 10:07 AM
FoxCars
Driver

Originally Posted by JUST IS

Artisan Lexus IS-F

I'm a little confused.
I WAS WRONG about the tuning, I honestly didn't know. Here is what he did. So, when I orginally talked to Artisan about making me this turbo kit he was thinking of using the AEM unit. I also talked about doing a 2JZ sway instead of turbo'ing our V8. So, if I went that way, he would have used the AEM EMS. I wasn't informed that he used the Artisan reflash (he developed new) on the computer after we decided to twin turbo the V8. Makes sense why the car runs so good and I haven't had any issues. So, that is the whole story and I'm sticking to it.
Old 05-15-09, 10:24 AM
Teamturbo
Driver School Candidate

That is correct the kit uses a reflash and calibration developed in house. Also the production kit has air boxes over the filters. They are left off on the Orange car to showcase the kit...

Thankss
Old 05-15-09, 11:58 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Teamturbo
That is correct the kit uses a reflash and calibration developed in house. Also the production kit has air boxes over the filters. They are left off on the Orange car to showcase the kit...

Thankss
If this is the case will you offer an individual ECU tune for the isf?
Old 05-15-09, 12:35 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why has no one done a good 1/4 mile in the turbo is-f! where is car and driver?
Old 05-17-09, 03:56 PM
pootie
Driver School Candidate

Didn't that guy who made the youtube video w/ the blue f and tt kit have a dashboard lit up like a christmas tree?
Old 05-18-09, 08:07 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Teamturbo

Thankss
Nice to see you on the forum! I hope you'll be able bring more FI options to the IS line.
Old 06-29-09, 05:55 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

I just saw this dude today on 76 today in Philly. he said he was going to a car meet in Jersey, I couldnt believe my eyes, I swear he was from Cali, wtf was he doing on the east coast. Btw, his right front rims bent too. lol
Old 06-29-09, 06:10 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-Fly168
I just saw this dude today on 76 today in Philly. he said he was going to a car meet in Jersey, I couldnt believe my eyes, I swear he was from Cali, wtf was he doing on the east coast. Btw, his right front rims bent too. lol
I think it's actually a PA car.....Fox Marketing is out of PA.
Old 06-30-09, 09:38 AM
anajri
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrMark
I think it's actually a PA car.....Fox Marketing is out of PA.

i dont know i just think they run the normal ecu with the aem methanol injection top regulate the air/ful ratio. other than that everythings the same.

think about it. If they could reflash it don't you think they would be marketing this and reflashing or reprograming a fue cars a make a bit more money. for peole that do not want to go the turbo route? if the could reflash it!!! the dash would not be lighted up like the blue TT car in youtube...
Old 06-30-09, 10:18 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by anajri
i dont know i just think they run the normal ecu with the aem methanol injection top regulate the air/ful ratio. other than that everythings the same.

think about it. If they could reflash it don't you think they would be marketing this and reflashing or reprograming a fue cars a make a bit more money. for peole that do not want to go the turbo route? if the could reflash it!!! the dash would not be lighted up like the blue TT car in youtube...
My thoughts exactly. Anyone who can reflash will not have a Christmas tree dashboard from MILs and CELs.
Old 06-30-09, 10:27 AM
Splat
Lead Lap

So with all the eggheads out there no one has cracked it using romraider or any other opensource tuning tools?
Old 06-30-09, 10:40 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by Splat
So with all the eggheads out there no one has cracked it using romraider or any other opensource tuning tools?
You're funny. I have a friend who worked at APR and did nothing but crack Bosch ECMs for Porsches, Audis, and VWs. He spent two years trying to crack his Scion tC ECM without success. I'd say it's a pretty challenging nut to crack without (somehow) getting information from Lexus. Toyota is building their own automotive operating system specifically to make their programmer's work easier and to provide truly impenetrable security. A really clever and wealthy guy might be able to bribe someone at Lotus since they use Toyota powertrains in their cars and have access to tools allowing them to reprogram Toyota's engine management code.

If you've got access to a scanning electron microscope, we might be able to make some progress, but we'll be destroying chips to get it done.

Add to this a DMCA violation Toyota could potentially prosecute and you've got a pretty good recipe for why this hasn't been done.
Old 06-30-09, 10:45 AM
Splat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
You're funny. I have a friend who worked at APR and did nothing but crack Bosch ECMs for Porsches, Audis, and VWs. He spent two years trying to crack his Scion tC ECM without success. I'd say it's a pretty challenging nut to crack without (somehow) getting information from Lexus. Toyota is building their own automotive operating system specifically to make their programmer's work easier and to provide truly impenetrable security.

If you've got access to a scanning electron microscope, we might be able to make some progress, but we'll be destroying chips to get it done.
Damn someone needs to leak some info. Hell everything else in the world can be hacked why cant an ecu.

Also why hasnt AEM or Hydra come out with a stand alone. I would pay 2000 again like i did with my STi for a Hydraems system they are worth there weight in gold. Plus the plug and play wideband, launch control, anti-lag, and Water Injection!!

Quick Reply: Fox/Artisan IS-F Project Car for SEMA 2008