IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Wasnt the C63 suppose to be more than the ISF?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-08, 04:10 AM
kickhard
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i will track my car and I have tracked most every car i have owned. I do see both sides of it but am trying to point out a side you cant seem to understand. I also pointed that out in my last thread. I am not trying to argue with you. I am just pointing out the facts here in the states. Some people are not as passionate about every aspect of performance like you or I. The people on this board most likely are the top of the crop when it comes to tracking and gettng most out of their car performance wise.

I learned how to drive in Germany and enjoy the hell out my car anytime i can. But not every person has the care to track a car for alot of reasons, 1 being damaging or totaling the car or wear and tear on it.

How many times have you seen people that just buy a car in a certain performance class because it is the best, or looks good, is the most expensive. I see it all the time. L.A. California is a prime example.

The other car i was talking about is a Black series CLK63. Look it up. Its a fine piece of Machinery. No back seat and lots of other weight saving goodies

A base car in a M3,C63,ISF will have features that are standard but are most likely options on a regular 3seriers,C class, or IS(wheels, brakes, ground effects etc.....) This part I think u misunderstood or I didnt explain it well

Of course it is your money and your car. Equip it however you wish and enjoy it. As i will mine

Just chill, again I not arguing just stating some facts. I do agree with you on alot of things.
Old 04-15-08, 05:28 AM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

You say some people are not as passionate about certain aspects of a performance cars as you and i might be, so can i ask what aspect do you think they'd want out of the M3/F/C63?

As for the fear of damaging cars by not tracking, who doesnt fear that? But had it occur to you that some cars are actually made to be tracked? These cars have been developed for no other purposes other than tracking. Not all sports cars are made for tracking but there are a certain few that are and the M3 is and have been known to be one of them. Much like cars with high revving engines (made for a purpose). The S2000 for example is a sort of car that can happily rev to 8000rpm all day long, and if you know how to take car of it, it doesnt have a problem with being "thrashed".

Regarding base car in these M3/F/c63, i doubt M Divsion/ TRD/ AMG would fork out $million in design, making and testing these cars without the main ingredients been included. Cars like these would not have been designed and made without "public input" to some extent, and i'm sure whatever options that the C63 doesn't have that the F does would be something that potential buyers care to much about. Ask the C63 followers if they care about not having SAT NAV (lets say C63 doesnt have it) or not? they would say no straight out. Like i said, it's not about what the car has or not in terms of options, it all about cost of a drive-awayable product.

Lexus Australia was smart to hold off intro-ing the F as they know that with the current pricing and what the F is at the moment, it would lose appeal specially going against the c63. Perhaps we have been too hard of Lexus but facts are facts, there is no hiding...atleast not interms of pricings.

Last edited by ldc; 04-15-08 at 05:34 AM.