IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Is-F...Part 2? Trade-in?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-08, 09:35 PM
Tommy350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is-F...Part 2? Trade-in?

Last Month i tryed to Trade in my 350 for the is-f....

Recently a friend of mine, got a is-f in ultra sonic blue with black inter...which is what i wanted and had on hold for me last month at concord(where he got his also)(Bay Area)

He didn't put any down and is paying 1600+ a month for it....

I was thinking...because sales are going down for Lexus, and the 08'M3 is out now... that i should try once more

Last time they wanted to give me 25k for my car and i got them to go to 29k(reason for that is because of miles(duh!) but also i have a few rock chips on my front end), my parents still have 22k lefted on my car...

Now its on 30k miles, and so i wanted to know/ hear what you guys think i can get/ do... also your input and what you guys would do...

I think i might want to get it myself and pay it off my self....

...but, my income isn't high(work at my parents restarunt for free, to me its not right to ask for my parents to pay me) i work at banana repubic(thinking bout going to a better job), and insurence would be high because i have 3 speeding tickets under my belt(with the 350, also 2 of them is are points, my third i got cleared from traffic school) few parking and tint tickets under my belt also... oh i just truned 18 pass November

thanks...

Last edited by Tommy350; 04-02-08 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-02-08, 09:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i will be frank. i think it's too hard for you to afford this car yourself (my 2 cents), so if anything you would probably rely more on your parents. if you can't get under msrp, then i don't see how it's different from the deal you got before.

after all, is350 is a very nice car. when i was 18, i drove a 92 camry with 130hp. to me a 400hp car is too much for 18 yr old
Old 04-02-08, 09:46 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

hmmm. maybe i'll eat in more often......

go for the F, you'll learn to drive and park with restraint.

is banana repubic hiring? i could use some extra dough.
Old 04-02-08, 10:49 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Tom, I feel you. My wife owns a is350 and it is so expensive already that we dont know how to drive it.

The F is a good car, but paying $1600/mo (you or your pal) that means down paying with almost nothing, which makes me think you guys are either really rich or really poor.

Getting better job for a car is a good spirit, but suffering for a car is dumb. I am happy to roll with a 95 Ford pickup because its a company car, and I dont care how people think.

If you think your family and you can afford your trade-in & the F, get it.
If you think it is safe to leave your new F in parking lot while you are working in BR, get it.

It is the driver to make a car pretty, not the other way.
Old 04-02-08, 10:57 PM
shinbrianj
Driver

i'd say stick with ur 350, im 21 and its not fun paying for my 250 , think about how many years its gonna take to pay off the IS-F and by that time you'll probably want a new car.
Old 04-02-08, 11:08 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

18 year old working at Banana Republic with a fairly low grammatical level... I'd put more of your money towards a nice education so that you can get that better job and start to pay your own way through life.

Actually, to hell with that, if your parents are willing to bite the bullet on something like that for you, let them!!
Old 04-02-08, 11:27 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Your IS350 is plenty fast. Is another 110hp really necessary at this time?
Old 04-03-08, 12:01 AM
Tommy350
Lead Lap

first off...

Thanks for your input and thoughts...

I love my 350, which i got when i was 16 in 06' when it first kinda came out... but seeing the is-f makes me wish i waited and want it even more because its the underdog... also its just a amazing car

My parents make alot of money...we own something very close to Noahs Bagels(21 of them in the Bay Area, 2 of which we own our selfs, the rest is all family own, aunts, cousins, uncles, etc) and i feel very blessed that my family was able to move up here from L.A., now owning a nice house and my parents have the money to buy me a 350...hhaha kinda weird that were veit/ chinese and we own a bagel shop...

The Reason we didn't do the trade the first time was because my mom wanted to get a deal she wanted, and also to lose the lest amount of money as possable(she worked it out in her head that we basicly gave them our 350 just to buy a is-f) if we were to do the trade...my mom told me she'd probally get over the fact she lost or over paid to get me a car(i also have a brother and sister both are younger)

I feel that i'm truelly blessed/ lucky... i'm not one of those sweet 16 kids that don't know how lucky we have it(+ we've not always had it good, just the past 7 years of living up north, 3 of which we actually started to enjoy(after bills, paying off loans etc. of starting/ owning your own business))

Thanks...

p.s.
Keep the comments coming i would really like to know what you guys think...what should i do? ask moms and pops while i still can?...do it my self?....don't and add mods to my 350?...or just wait... later in life i'll be able to get... a.... BENTLEY!
Old 04-03-08, 04:11 AM
4U2eNv_8o8
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tommy350
first off...

Thanks for your input and thoughts...

I love my 350, which i got when i was 16 in 06' when it first kinda came out... but seeing the is-f makes me wish i waited and want it even more because its the underdog... also its just a amazing car

My parents make alot of money...we own something very close to Noahs Bagels(21 of them in the Bay Area, 2 of which we own our selfs, the rest is all family own, aunts, cousins, uncles, etc) and i feel very blessed that my family was able to move up here from L.A., now owning a nice house and my parents have the money to buy me a 350...hhaha kinda weird that were veit/ chinese and we own a bagel shop...

The Reason we didn't do the trade the first time was because my mom wanted to get a deal she wanted, and also to lose the lest amount of money as possable(she worked it out in her head that we basicly gave them our 350 just to buy a is-f) if we were to do the trade...my mom told me she'd probally get over the fact she lost or over paid to get me a car(i also have a brother and sister both are younger)

I feel that i'm truelly blessed/ lucky... i'm not one of those sweet 16 kids that don't know how lucky we have it(+ we've not always had it good, just the past 7 years of living up north, 3 of which we actually started to enjoy(after bills, paying off loans etc. of starting/ owning your own business))

Thanks...

p.s.
Keep the comments coming i would really like to know what you guys think...what should i do? ask moms and pops while i still can?...do it my self?....don't and add mods to my 350?...or just wait... later in life i'll be able to get... a.... BENTLEY!
Well....it seems possible for you to get. Now with all that said, you might as well get it. Since you said your parents are willing to take the loss just to get you a car that you want. I was just like you.......I had my IS250 for about 3 months then all of a sudden went to the IS350. Parents helped me get the car, but decided to tell my parents I'll pay for the rest of the car since I didn't want to put a burden on them.

Now.....if you were the one paying for it, then I think I would wait it out. I'm pretty sure you don't want to live knowing that your going to be paying this car for half or even more of your lifetime. So I'm pretty sure thats what everyone seems to be referring to.
Old 04-03-08, 07:27 AM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude...if you got speeding tickets with the IS350 what do you think is going to happen with the IS F? If you really want to get it then sell your IS 350 yourself and by the time you do that the IS F will be getting discounted off from MSRP so you'll save some money on both ends of the deal.
Old 04-03-08, 08:27 AM
ArticKnght
Advanced

Received 169 Likes on 78 Posts

Well IMO if your parents will help you out a little with getting the ISF go for it. I like that your are willing to work for this car. I would try to get it so that you could afford the payments and have your parents take care of the insurance. From what I have found is that if you work hard toward some thing you really want and you finally get it you truely appreciate it ALOT more.

I have been out of college for about 7 yrs and I am working / saving for an ISF too. Although I could most likely go an buy it now but I am saving for it so that I can easily afford the payments and all the other costs of owning an ISF. I know that when I finally get the car, I will truely apperciate it because I waited and worked my but off to finally get it.
Old 04-03-08, 08:33 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IMO you should wait at 18 my first car was a buick regal, and I was thankful for having a car in the first place. In south florida where I live I see plenty of 18 years old with porsche's bmw's lexus's and a couple of unamed exotics I'd say your priority should be school. But if your parents want to dish out the money thats there decision.
Old 04-03-08, 10:53 AM
sportsfan8
Pole Position

I'm just amazed that parents would even consider buying a $60k car for their 18 year old kid... but I guess it happens often these days.
Old 04-03-08, 11:03 AM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sportsfan8
I'm just amazed that parents would even consider buying a $60k car for their 18 year old kid... but I guess it happens often these days.
It happens! some guy purchased his 18 (or younger I think) and ISF at my dealer and then also got him a RX hybrid... Spent $100k in a day.... Crazy!
Old 04-03-08, 11:39 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy350
I think i might want to get it myself and pay it off my self....

...but, my income isn't high(work at my parents restarunt for free, to me its not right to ask for my parents to pay me) i work at banana repubic(thinking bout going to a better job), and insurence would be high because i have 3 speeding tickets under my belt(with the 350, also 2 of them is are points, my third i got cleared from traffic school) few parking and tint tickets under my belt also... oh i just truned 18 pass November
But it's ok to ask your parents to pay for a $60k car?

Bottom line, you're 18, don't have a high paying job, and have three speeding tickets...sure, sounds like the IS-F is the perfect car for you

But if your parents are willing to pay for your IS-F, more power to you.

Quick Reply: Is-F...Part 2? Trade-in?