IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

C&D Comparo: IS-F vs. M3 Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-08, 07:48 PM
KKelly
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Obviously, because the IS-F is going up against *very* established competition. For the first try from Lexus in this segment, it's still an amazing effort. No the IS-F has not won comparisons, but it's competitive right off the bat in this exclusive segment.
This is Toyota!! As in the Toyota with an F1 and the one that built the Supra. They can do whatever they want just as BMW can. It is all about philosophy and approach not capability. Lexus, correctly, believes their customers want a less edgy competitor to the M3. So, they built one. Clearly, they thought bigger tires and an LSD would not be important to their customers. I am shocked at the lack of LSD or quaife type diff, didn't realize that. It is always going to make it struggle a bit when at the limit. Honestly, that it tragic for a $60k sports sedan. I think BMW is wrong to only offer one in their //M cars. I have been to car control clinics and watched 335's just smoke the inside rear tire on tight turns.

BTW, for those that say they would never take it to the track. Well, you will never truly enjoy the capabilities of your car. Should have bought a 350. You can get to about 6/10ths of a track drive on a backroad but it just isn't the same.

As for interiors, BMW's are German, you have met German's right? Soft and luxurious is not really their thing. Then again, they are selling the heck out of the 335 so somebody likes it.