IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model
View Poll Results: What is the maximum you would pay for "base" IS-F?
$48,000 - $49,999
28.50%
$50,000 - $51,999
22.22%
$52,000 - $53,999
12.56%
$54,000 - $55,999
14.01%
$56,000 - $57,999
7.73%
$58,000 - $59,999
4.83%
$60,000 - $61,999
2.90%
$62,000 - $63,999
2.42%
$64,000 - Price doesn't matter!
4.83%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Maximum you would pay for "base" IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-07, 06:59 PM
is-fan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good point. I updated the topic to indicate that only people considering purchasing the IS-F should vote in this poll. Hopefully the results will not be skewed by the "bar stool" vote.

Originally Posted by aco
So far there are 33 respondents to the poll. Are/were all 33 actually considering buying an IS-F? The reason I ask, is that some of the responses appear to be of the "bar stool" racer types. I guess I would like to see a poll with people who will actually be voting with their pocket books.

And yes, this will be my new car if the price is within what I deem "of value".
Old 10-09-07, 09:19 PM
toyotadad
Driver School Candidate

Count my earlier vote, please. Have ordered an IS-F, pearl white, black interior, all options 'cept accident avoidance ($3K). I'm told to expect the invoice to be in the low 50s, with a sticker of $57K to $58K.
Old 10-09-07, 09:31 PM
Manoj
Driver

Originally Posted by toyotadad
Count my earlier vote, please. Have ordered an IS-F, pearl white, black interior, all options 'cept accident avoidance ($3K). I'm told to expect the invoice to be in the low 50s, with a sticker of $57K to $58K.
Does that price tag of $58K include NAV and ML ????????
Old 10-09-07, 09:44 PM
toyotadad
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Manoj
Does that price tag of $58K include NAV and ML ????????
That's what I was told. My IS350 (X-package, Nav w/o ML, lights, etc.) had a sticker of just under $43K and the invoice was a tick over $35K, so the spread seems about right. My source tells me the final U.S. pricing still is being negotiated with the Japanese and probably won't be final under sometime in November, but he says the numbers he gave me were the "target" and should be within a few hundred bucks either way.
Old 10-09-07, 11:15 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

That's what I was told. My IS350 (X-package, Nav w/o ML, lights, etc.) had a sticker of just under $43K and the invoice was a tick over $35K, so the spread seems about right. My source tells me the final U.S. pricing still is being negotiated with the Japanese and probably won't be final under sometime in November, but he says the numbers he gave me were the "target" and should be within a few hundred bucks either way.

NIce 2 know...well as time goes on we'll all know more...the worst thing about it is the wait...
I was thinking about getting an optioned out IS350 but whenI found out about the ISF I was like well let me wait....figuring over $60 would be a bit out of my range....but if it comes in at around $50-54K I could penny pinch and hey just do it...

I plan to give it a minute and let all the " I gotta have it first" people go pay for them, then see what kind of issues if any come back...and then buy it -maybe get a 2009 model in late 2008.

I for one..am not a dummy (no offense) that has to have an unexclusive car so bad that I am willing to pay over invoice as I heard many people did when the IS 350 first came out...thats crazy ...patience young jedi...lol
Old 10-10-07, 08:08 AM
toyotadad
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NYC ES3
NIce 2 know...well as time goes on we'll all know more...the worst thing about it is the wait...
I was thinking about getting an optioned out IS350 but whenI found out about the ISF I was like well let me wait....figuring over $60 would be a bit out of my range....but if it comes in at around $50-54K I could penny pinch and hey just do it...

I plan to give it a minute and let all the " I gotta have it first" people go pay for them, then see what kind of issues if any come back...and then buy it -maybe get a 2009 model in late 2008.

I for one..am not a dummy (no offense) that has to have an unexclusive car so bad that I am willing to pay over invoice as I heard many people did when the IS 350 first came out...thats crazy ...patience young jedi...lol
Did I say I was paying over invoice? And you're very right to say it will be an "unexclusive car," when Lexus has a 5,700 sales target on first-year IS-Fs. And I would bet that you will see very few IS-Fs at dealers in your neck of the woods 'cause I'm sure the Sunbelt states will get most of the cars.
Old 10-10-07, 09:31 AM
Manoj
Driver

Did I say I was paying over invoice?
Lucky you......

I just got a 08 RX 350 last month for $1100 under invoice! I wouldn't get IS-F even a dime less than MSRP
Old 10-10-07, 11:19 AM
dgsvt
Driver

NYCES3... Do you mean over MSRP/sticker? Lexus doesn't charge over MSRP/sticker.

NYCES3 & Manoj... If you truely mean less than invoice and don't work for Toyota/Lexus then you got one hell of a deal. Do you "know someone"? Is this a demo vehicle? What you are saying is that the dealer is giving you their "dealer Holdback" or worse "selling at a loss". I doubt that the average buyer can negotiate even close to invoice...

toyotadad... I bet you will get a great price... You seem to have a great contact. Not many will be as lucky as you.
Old 10-10-07, 11:26 AM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

around 55k given that the options available are ML, Nav, etc which would make the total cost around 60k. if its over like around 65k i would really rather get the GTR.
Old 10-11-07, 06:56 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Did I say I was paying over invoice? And you're very right to say it will be an "unexclusive car," when Lexus has a 5,700 sales target on first-year IS-Fs. And I would bet that you will see very few IS-Fs at dealers in your neck of the woods 'cause I'm sure the Sunbelt states will get most of the cars.
you know what ...my bad on this one...I meant to say "OVER STICKER" not over invoice....my bad on that ...those are the knuckleheads...lol...that pay over the sticker price ...just to have them..
I remember when fools were paying over sticker to get the first batch of 350Z's.....and that car is crap as far as a quality build is concerned (all those fans on here that like the 350Z...before you jump down my throat know that I owned a G35 coupe , bought new and owned for 3 years after...now sold because if annoying issues left and right)

as far a how many IS-F's are coming to NY ....well we'll wait and see...doesnt matter anyways....cause hey I can always go down south...and for this car it would be worth it...

Lexus wont be as stingy with it as you may think though depends on demand...they have a lot of competition in the power sport sedan game now...with this car..and many new ones coming out right with it in 2008.everyone is bringing their "All New" models out in 2008. I guess we'll see.

as far as the GTR goes...good luck with that car...go to Nissan and experience how to take the Q out of quality and the S out of service...
The G35 Coupe, 350Z are both great looking , quick , nice performers...but thats it...after your brakes wear out in 5000 miles, window motors go after 5000 miles, tires wear unevenly no matter how many alignments you get, sunroof constant squeeks, rattles left and right, axles click,radio burns out on ya, and maybe the manual tranny will go on ya, or just the clutch etc etc.... and yes all this within the first 25000 miles----you'll be right back here beggin toyota to build you something...TRUST ME!!
but hey if you like hangin out with the reps in the Nissan service dept....at least once a month to every 3 months for yet some other crap going wrong with ya GTR...more power to you..lol...oh and thats after they give you *****ty service...at maybe 4 out of 5 dealerships you go to (truth)
Old 10-11-07, 08:47 PM
is-fan
Driver

Sounds like you had lots of problems with your G35. That is the opposite of my experience. I have had only one problem with my 2003 G35 sedan in over 4 years of ownership and over 50000 miles. The factory CD player was replaced under warranty about a year ago. 2003 was the first model year, so I'm surprised I didn't have more problems. The CD player was the only problem though. It did need new front brake rotors at around 45K miles, but that seems reasonable given how well the brakes perform.

I think for just about any make and model, there are some people who had bad experiences while others didn't. Certainly some makes and models have more problems than others though. I didn't know Nissan/Infiniti had a reputation for problems.

Originally Posted by NYC ES3
as far as the GTR goes...good luck with that car...go to Nissan and experience how to take the Q out of quality and the S out of service...
The G35 Coupe, 350Z are both great looking , quick , nice performers...but thats it...after your brakes wear out in 5000 miles, window motors go after 5000 miles, tires wear unevenly no matter how many alignments you get, sunroof constant squeeks, rattles left and right, axles click,radio burns out on ya, and maybe the manual tranny will go on ya, or just the clutch etc etc.... and yes all this within the first 25000 miles----you'll be right back here beggin toyota to build you something...TRUST ME!!
but hey if you like hangin out with the reps in the Nissan service dept....at least once a month to every 3 months for yet some other crap going wrong with ya GTR...more power to you..lol...oh and thats after they give you *****ty service...at maybe 4 out of 5 dealerships you go to (truth)
Old 10-12-07, 06:25 AM
ItsSoFire
Rookie

base price is nice but who the hell is gonna buy this car with NO options... if u cant afford the base price u can afford an xtra $4gs to get nav and ml even if u dont get all that other crap nav and ml r kind of necessities well at least 4 me... i need to kno wher im goin at 130mph and i need the ml to drown out the sound of my g/f screamin n the passeger seat

Last edited by ItsSoFire; 10-12-07 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-12-07, 06:58 PM
is-fan
Driver

The point of only doing a "base, no option" price is because everyone will want different options. Some people will want everything while others may only want NAV and ML audio upgrade, and the "options included" price would not be meaningful. If the poll was not for a base model, it wouldn't make any sense, as I stated in my initial post. We know basically how much the options will cost, but it just doesn't make sense to include options in the poll price. It's not about being able to afford the options. It's about getting a reasonable estimate of what people will pay.

Originally Posted by ItsSoFire
base price is nice but who the hell is gonna buy this car with NO options... if u cant afford the base price u can afford an xtra $4gs to get nav and ml even if u dont get all that other crap nav and ml r kind of necessities well at least 4 me... i need to kno wher im goin at 130mph and i need the ml to drown out the sound of my g/f screamin n the passeger seat

Last edited by is-fan; 10-12-07 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-13-07, 06:27 AM
Nashtyboy
Driver School Candidate

I'm EXACTLY where you are NYC. I've been talking w/my local dealer about ordering a tricked out 350, but have been waiting for the official announcement on the is-f pricing first. If we're only talking 5-10k more, than I'll probably suck up and get the is-f. But I'm hoping I can get it at 60k OTD with ML/Nav.

Here's the 350 I've been considering & the MSRP pricing (haven't figured out how close to invoice I can get this guy yet):

2008 Silver is350
$35,905.00 Base Price
765.00 Transportation from Japan
3,805.00 Sport Package (code ST)*
3,990.00 Navigation/Mark Levinson (code VN)**
1,500.00 Dual Sport Exhaust (code EX)
1,500.00 Ground Effects Kit (code G1)***
197.00 Preferred Accessory Pkg (Trunk Mat, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks)

$47,662.00 Total MSRP (what would be on window sticker)

Plus:

399.00 Huper Optik Tint (installed here after car arrives)

Grand Total:

$48,061.00
Old 10-14-07, 09:46 PM
is-fan
Driver

This same poll is active on the front page at my.is and the results there are very interesting. First of all, the poll there is on the main page, not in the IS-F section, so I think it is a better gauge of how much people will be willing pay. That poll has more than 2 times as many responses (200 so far) as this poll. Here are the results so far at my.is:

$48,000 - $49,999 - 45.08%
$50,000 - $51,999 - 18.65%
$52,000 - $53,999 - 9.84%
$54,000 - $55,999 - 11.92%
$56,000 - $57,999 - 4.66%
$58,000 - $59,999 - 5.70%
$60,000 - $61,999 - 1.55%
$62,000 - $63,999 - 0.52%
$64,000 - Price doesn't matter! - 2.07%

What's interesting is that 45% of my.is poll participants will not pay more than $50K, while 64% will not pay more than $52K for a base IS-F. In other words, most people will not be happy with a base price of over $52K.
74% will not pay more than $54K.

I just went to carsdirect.com to figure out how much a FULLY loaded 2008 IS350 would cost. When I say fully loaded, I mean every possible option including things like the ground effect kit, NAV, ML Audio, Luxury package, SIRRIUS satellite radio, etc. The final price was $49,886. This should be the starting point for the IS-F. I hope Lexus prices it like this. Before anyone starts telling me I'm full of crap, just take a look at the poll numbers. They speak for themselves. If Lexus hopes to sell 5000 a year, they better take a look at the poll here too: http://my.is/ Doesn't everyone want a good price on the IS-F? Let's hope Lexus is watching

Last edited by is-fan; 10-14-07 at 09:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Maximum you would pay for "base" IS-F