IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model
View Poll Results: For those that have seen the IS-F in person, has your opinion changed on it's looks?
Yes, it looks a lot better in person.
33.61%
No, I still don't like it.
9.84%
Undecided
3.28%
I have yet to see it in person.
53.28%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

For those that have seen the IS-F in person...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-07, 10:23 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts
Default For those that have seen the IS-F in person...

I'm asking for honest answers here. Has your opinion changed since you first saw the car in photographs?

If you haven't seen the car in person yet...but you live in California. You may have a 2nd opportunity outside of Toyotafest. Stay tuned.

Last edited by flipside909; 05-18-07 at 10:32 PM.
Old 05-19-07, 12:05 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

If you live in NorCal...

http://sr1.clublexus.com/forums/show...97#post2633997
Old 05-20-07, 07:45 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, to me it looks much better in person. At the Detroit Auto Show during press/media days when the official pics were released, the pics make the front fenders (w/the vents) look gawdy & stick out way too much. Then the following week when I flew to Detroit & saw it in person, the front fenders don't stick out too much at all. In otherwords, it's more subtle in person. Also, the bulge in the hood makes it look more aggressive. That blue is drop dead gorgeous in person.

I've made up my mind which exterior color to get but I'm undecided about the interior color. A part of me says get black b/c it's easier to clean but the other part of me says get that white/black interior combo b/c it looks so nice.
Old 05-20-07, 08:43 PM
2UR-FSXE
Driver School Candidate

I can not wait to P.D.I (Pre Delivery Inspection) the IS-F. When the Dealer gets the car I will try to get a Road Test Video of the IS-F.
Old 05-21-07, 11:03 AM
fantom
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Yeah!
I've made up my mind which exterior color to get but I'm undecided about the interior color. A part of me says get black b/c it's easier to clean but the other part of me says get that white/black interior combo b/c it looks so nice.
No issue....get the white/black. In no time at all, it will be all black.
Old 05-21-07, 01:07 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by fantom
No issue....get the white/black. In no time at all, it will be all black.
LOL, that's what I don't want happening. If I get the IS-F, it'll be a clear sky only true weekend driver. Oh yeah, it'll also be my track $lut!
Old 05-28-07, 07:14 PM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

i do not know if it is just the one they show or it will make it to production but from what i seen the exhaust was not quad but dual and it wasnt even piped into the 4 on the bumper it was just left hanging behind... some input please
Old 05-28-07, 10:23 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by BaLLzZz
i do not know if it is just the one they show or it will make it to production but from what i seen the exhaust was not quad but dual and it wasnt even piped into the 4 on the bumper it was just left hanging behind... some input please
The exhaust canisters are dual outlets each. The rear bumper cover themselves are basically a cutout with exhaust outlet bezels. The exhaust tips on the muffler themselves are aimed to the bumper bezels, but are not physically attached to the bumper. This is the same way with the new LS460/600hL bumper and exhaust. The only difference with the LS, they are single outlet for each exhaust canister.
Old 05-29-07, 01:24 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What's better in real life:

--Blue color is more glossy and reflective. No photo has been able to capture it.
--Two tone interior is nice. You can "see" the texture of the leather.
--Wheels are awesome!!!

What's worse in real life:

--Front wheel vent still is too Lego-like, as if it was an attached aftermarket body kit.
--Carbon fiber interior trim is interesting in theory. Looks fake on the inside of the car (and believe me, this does not drop the weight of the car... )
--Front lower air dam and exhaust output is held by very plastic mesh grills. Tacky...
Old 06-01-07, 01:41 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 196 Likes on 109 Posts

Saw it in Detriot and it looks anything but tacky or cheap or ricey. But then looks are subjective after all.

Looks amazing in person. Hopefully it will have the ***** (looks like it will) and dynamics (Lexus needs to prove itself here) it needs to have to compete effectively in that performance class.

Even though Lexus brass say it is not a direct competitor to the M3, everyone else will be comparing it to the M3. I will too.

Lexus CAN do this! Now show it to us!!!!
Old 06-02-07, 11:52 AM
Kreuzer
Pole Position

I think Flipside should check his pm .

I have hit you up in posts on CL and IS.net

If you don't want to reply then please just say so, but ignoring isn't cool bro.

D
Old 06-02-07, 08:56 PM
sams_is
Driver School Candidate

I've seen a testing mule (or whatever it's called) IS-F (it only had the badges covered up but I immediately recognized the exhaust, followed by completely disguised two Toyota vehicles that I don't recognize) driving in my area a few days ago. It was black and it also had black rims (!!!) from what I can remember and it looked a lot better than Ultrasonic Blue pictures I've seen before in my humble opinion.

But what caught my attention more was the exhaust note which was nothing short of amazing. I know I've seen videos of it before but in person, it was just...wow

Last edited by sams_is; 06-02-07 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-09-07, 11:05 PM
*wishlist*
Driver

i still haven't seen it. anyone know when the is-f is going to pop up again in los angeles area? i was away from home for toyotafest... boooo. i think i'm gonna be lurking around in torrance with my camera. haha.
Old 06-17-07, 10:26 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Another opportunity will be available in SoCal. I will announce it as it comes.
Old 06-18-07, 07:09 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

When do the Midwest folks get some love? There's this little airport called O'Hare that they should be able to fly it into.

Quick Reply: For those that have seen the IS-F in person...