ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS F (2008-2014) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014-200/)
-   -   Given an option; What would you change in ISF? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/265812-given-an-option-what-would-you-change-in-isf.html)

Manoj 02-15-07 07:29 PM

Given an option; What would you change in ISF?

I would probably change the look of the 'F-Badge'!!!

I will be seeing the car personally this weekend!

ZD-Lexus 02-15-07 08:43 PM

not sure there is anything to change...
please take some photos if you can... thanks

plex 02-15-07 08:45 PM

Getrag 6 speed FTW........

dkaplan435 02-16-07 03:59 AM

I'm going back to the auto show today or tomorrow, will take better photos of the car and possibly shoot a video of the whole presentation!

dkaplan435 02-16-07 04:00 AM

Oh yea, I forgot. I hope the car has Mark Levinson, even an improved one from the IS350 :thumbup:. I'd like more watts and maybe a few more speakers :D.

I'm not complaining, the stereo in my 350 is fantastic. Just want more.

Lexy GS430 02-16-07 09:14 AM

Instead of sports mode change it to F mode. Same thing just using the F instead.

ZD-Lexus 02-16-07 09:28 AM

maybe stock full ipod integration?:)

taylorjste 02-16-07 09:35 AM

+1 for factory ipod integration.. i would like turn signal side mirrors and side markers? also.. get rid of the reflectors on the rear bumper!!!

dsouth 02-16-07 12:02 PM

A Bigger and Wider stance for the Rear wheels, manual option, adaptive headlights, and LED in the tail lights.

Oh and LSD dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manoj 02-17-07 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Lexy GS430 (Post 2428703)
Instead of sports mode change it to F mode. Same thing just using the F instead.

Sounds interesting....
F3-> With all trannys....
F2-> Semi trannys
F1-> No trannys..... (My favorite mode..... Formula1!) Honestly i wont be using it much...... but sounds like...... "Let me switch to F1 mod and go racing ... lol")

MR_F1 02-17-07 12:50 PM

+1 to call the sport mode 'F-mode' instead
Manual tranny option...make that GETRAG 6 spd manual option [@ dsouth...doesnt it have an LSD??...if not, +1]
Wider rear tyres
CF/Aluminium roof,bonnet,boot
slight redesign of the fender vents
redesign of the bonnet so it doesnt look so bulbous
optional Blacked out/ LED headlights
some measure of weight reduction, like cutting the sound deading material by HALF (I know lexus would never do this)
Return to the 5 valves per cyclinder head design (Yahmaha genesis)
450hp, 400ftlbs torque...dont know whats all this 'more than' crap is about

Also, I dont know how much modification lexus has done to the chassis. Additional seam welding and an X brace would be nice if they havent already done that.

dsouth 02-17-07 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by MR_F1 (Post 2430894)
+1 to call the sport mode 'F-mode' instead
Manual tranny option...make that GETRAG 6 spd manual option [@ dsouth...doesnt it have an LSD??...if not, +1]

I read that it does not have LSD.:sad:

Manoj 02-18-07 10:39 PM

After seeing it personally today....

1. I love its Front Wide stance!!!
2. Back almost looks like IS350..... except for quad pipe!
3. Side Vents... Looks little cool.. if not hot enough! I hope its highly functional!
4. Blue color & White seat........ Fantastic!!!

Coming back to what would i change in it; after seeing it....

1. Only the front lighting.... they should have done something better compared to IS350 atleast.....

I have absolutely no regrets for doing a pre-order just by looking at the Pictures from Detroit show!

Yeah! 02-18-07 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Manoj (Post 2433466)
After seeing it personally today....

Is it going to be at all the auto shows (Dallas in particular)? I went to the Detroit Auto Show just to see the IS-F & wow!...It looks even better in person. I should've asked them if the ML system was going to be different but I didn't think about that. I have a video of it doing a 360 on the revolving stand but the file's too big to upload probably (around 50-55 mb if I remember correctly).

Although, on the 2 days I went the spokesperson (different each day) was blasting the stereo really loud compared to other vehicles on display. I'm assuming to show off the ML system.

Mr Johnson 02-19-07 09:30 AM

Remove the silly stacked quad exhausts and provide black chrome for the grille surrounds, etc...

Otherwise I'm :thumbup: