IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model
View Poll Results: How many have placed a deposit on the IS-F
I already placed a deposit, and I am couting the days till they call me
17.86%
I am about to place a deposit, plenty of time before the car hits the showroom floor
10.71%
Still on the fence on this car
44.29%
I'd love to (I want to) but my significant other will tear me a new one if I did
27.14%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

How many have placed a deposit on an IS-F or thinking about it? (merged thread+ poll)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-07, 12:22 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STIG
With Lexus, the most you have to pay is MSPR. And the most you will get discount for this car within a year from debut date is 1000$.

Just my opinion, i think 500$ deposit is nothing to lose to be the first one on the block.
If you can afford it heck yeah, go for it! Although I would imagine you'll be able to buy an IS-F for more than a grand discount after a year. I bought my IS350 in Dec'05 for just a grand less than sticker, a year later the same car could be had for about 4-grand off. It's just supply and demand 101. Sure, they'll make MUCH fewer IS-Fs, but the price will definitely be coming down.

Regarding hpower, I hope they don't, but I could definitely see Lexus doing something like 406 hpower, same way they did with the 350. Let's hope not!

As far as pricing, 10 grand more than a loaded 350 makes sense. I could see a full loaded IS-F in the mid 50's. That's outta my price range.
Old 02-11-07, 01:00 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Civic Si-r
What color choices are availabe for the IS-F?

Personally blue is a real winner and if comes in Graphite grey, that is fine. I figure they will have the standard colors of red,black and white.

The interior appointments are black and 2-tone trim, some have talked about the maintanence of the 2- tone. Either way this car will carry the "F" badging proudly. Lets just hope the brand will continue to grow and evolve into the status of the AMG and M brand.
I told my dealer I want the blue! It's really hot. I uploaded photos from the Chicago Auto Show, see https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=264919
Old 02-11-07, 01:02 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Originally Posted by Manoj
Which color did u pick for IS-F ?????
I asked for Blue but told him I'd take any color except white.
Old 02-12-07, 10:18 PM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boy this makes it tough

The GT-R has landed in SoCal. what a beauty of a car. Just love to hear those turbos spooling up!!!!!!

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...hotopanel..1.*
Old 02-12-07, 11:39 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Civic Si-r
The GT-R has landed in SoCal. what a beauty of a car. Just love to hear those turbos spooling up!!!!!!

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...hotopanel..1.*
I was just posting on the other thread that I might actually have to rethink about my deposit on IS-F.

Say what you want, but Skyline GT-R has been my dream car to own since the earliest days. That car is just badass.

Old 02-12-07, 11:41 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ES3
If you can afford it heck yeah, go for it! Although I would imagine you'll be able to buy an IS-F for more than a grand discount after a year. I bought my IS350 in Dec'05 for just a grand less than sticker, a year later the same car could be had for about 4-grand off. It's just supply and demand 101. Sure, they'll make MUCH fewer IS-Fs, but the price will definitely be coming down.

Regarding hpower, I hope they don't, but I could definitely see Lexus doing something like 406 hpower, same way they did with the 350. Let's hope not!

As far as pricing, 10 grand more than a loaded 350 makes sense. I could see a full loaded IS-F in the mid 50's. That's outta my price range.
You are absolutely right. I also bought my IS350 around the same time as you did and I totally know what you mean. But hey, you have to pay to play
Old 02-13-07, 03:35 AM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Originally Posted by ES3

Unless it's not true that only 1000 IS-F's will be produced then I don't think there will be any new ones available a year after they come out, unless of course they build them slowly. If Lexus is selling thousands of IS-350's every month, I'd think the IS-F would sell out almost immediately. I'm glad I've got one on hold !
Old 02-13-07, 09:49 AM
Manoj
Driver

One naive question! Deposit money counts to the cost of the car rite ???

So it should be $OTD - $Deposit when car is going to come out?
Old 02-13-07, 11:06 AM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Originally Posted by Manoj
One naive question! Deposit money counts to the cost of the car rite ???

So it should be $OTD - $Deposit when car is going to come out?
100% correct.
Old 02-13-07, 07:08 PM
ZD-Lexus
Driver

So far the only color I have seen the IS-f in is that special blue they've shown us in the exhibits. I wonder if Lexus will offer this car in 'F only' colors and none of the original colors will be offered. I currently own the Tungsten Pearl (very cliche I know) but I love it and my interior is sterling colored, I am hoping for the same color, or Obsidian black with black interior.
Personally, I am not a big fan of the blue with the black and white interior would be make for too many colors. ~just my personal taste, with all due respect to everyone else's tastes. I know it would make more aggressive and sportier feel, but it feels to me that it lessens from the luxury feel of the cabin. what do you guys think?
Old 02-13-07, 07:20 PM
ZD-Lexus
Driver

Talking

Originally Posted by STIG
I was just posting on the other thread that I might actually have to rethink about my deposit on IS-F.

Say what you want, but Skyline GT-R has been my dream car to own since the earliest days. That car is just badass.

From what I heard, and I am sorry for not being able to find any reference, but some people estimate the GT-R to be upwards of $70K. I know it is too early to place an educated guess on the skyline but gosh that is pricey! At that range, and if I can afford it, I personally would consider the 08 M3. Still, more power to you if you can wait till 09 to pick up a skyline, M3's are all over the place, skylines are very rare in the US.
Me on the otherhand, I woke up twice so far, thinking I already bought the IS-F and that it was parked comfortably in my garage. lol ~I can't wait till this car makes it to the market...
Old 02-13-07, 07:43 PM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Price speculation on the GT-R is @ 70K. There target market is someone who is looking at buying the Porsche Turbo. So when u compare the 2 vehicles, both have a long history of racing and great performance. Obviously the person who is buying/looking at a Porsche may not have heard about the GT-R, and may not give up the "status symbol" over price.

Nissan may have a hard sell on this and I know only a selected amount of Nissan dealers will be carrying the car. Limited production is expected and I think it is wise of Nissan to get a feel for the global market.

I for 1 love the GT-R and would like to get it, a true sports car, and a lot of bang for the buck.

IS-F is heading for a different market, fortunately they are giving a lot of performance for the money. I am waiting for the April write up from Flipside, when he reviews/test drives the car then. Hopefully it will live up to everyone's expectation and then some. Back in 2001 when RMM dropped in a motor from the GS 4.7L into the IS300 , I kinda had a feeling Toyota was letting them do all the R&D on the vehicle. We were all hoping to see a IS500 in 2003, never happened and we all know Lexus said back then they were not getting into the HP-wars. I think that was a smoke-screen to take any pressure off the company so they can design in peace or in "skunkwork" like fashion. I hope the engineers did their job and not stick in a V-8 with Brembo brakes. Till this day there have been no other data about the car except the HP and torque, I wish they would say what the curb weight of the vehicle is.
Old 02-13-07, 08:57 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

I'm just as excited as everyone else. I just put my deposit down and I'm 1st in line.

I chose the Blue/White combo also.
Old 02-13-07, 09:02 PM
ZD-Lexus
Driver

Originally Posted by dsouth
I'm just as excited as everyone else. I just put my deposit down and I'm 1st in line.

I chose the Blue/White combo also.
Congrats!
Old 02-13-07, 09:11 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ZD-Lexus
Congrats!
Thanks, I can't wait to drive it.

Quick Reply: How many have placed a deposit on an IS-F or thinking about it? (merged thread+ poll)