IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2008 Lexus IS-F to Premiere at NAIAS on January 8, 2007

Old 12-06-06, 08:25 PM
Phillip31
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
I will host the full resolution pics from Lexus on our gallery tonight.
Soo there's more pics or the same one???
Old 12-06-06, 08:27 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phillip31
That's what I was wondering. Ryan post them alreadyyyyy
Old 12-06-06, 08:32 PM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Define "right" . It is the FIRST higher performance sedan from a Japanese company, they have an uphill battle, Lexus is still a very conservative company.

We should just be enthused Lexus did bring it to the market.

People are already bashing it and hating the fact LEXUS decided to JOIN the EUROPEAN PARTY, like they did in 1989.

Right as in it being an actual sport performance sedan. So far, what lexus defines as sporty is far from it according to reviews (eg: gs450h). Lexus has always lacked the sporty feel of say a BMW. If this ISF still has no big improvement in the suspension and handling department, then the F will stand for failure. It may have the speed, but if its still similar to the "sporty" aspects of the IS350, then there will be no point of making this division.
Old 12-06-06, 08:37 PM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by genearch
I think you are in the minority... before the "official" teaser pic came, the opinion was that the exhaust was hideous... now that it is likely to be real.. things change?

I still think the exhaust is hideous. You have to remember that some people have no negative opinion of lexus no matter what
Old 12-06-06, 08:45 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hypnotik
It may have the speed, but if its still similar to the "sporty" aspects of the IS350, then there will be no point of making this division.
Agreed on Lexus being not as sporty as others. However, I think you underrate the sporty aspects of the IS 350. Even C&D, no recent Lexus fan by any means, ranked it #2 in the comparo next to the BMW 3-series, despite totaling the points wrong (tied actually). Lexus cars are not pure sport, they generally put luxury first--but for many they are serious contenders.

Of course for some Lexus cars will never be sporty enough, but I think the IS is a capable enough platform, and the IS 350 successful enough, to serve as a springboard for the IS-F. That's my opinion...and I also believe there is room for improvement.

Edmunds wants to exhausts to appear as is, and so do I. But it's a matter of personal taste.
Old 12-06-06, 08:58 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

I still think the exhaust is hideous. You have to remember that some people have no negative opinion of lexus no matter what
And others seem to have nothing but a negative opinion of Lexus
Old 12-06-06, 09:38 PM
LexFather

Right as in it being an actual sport performance sedan. So far, what lexus defines as sporty is far from it according to reviews (eg: gs450h). Lexus has always lacked the sporty feel of say a BMW. If this ISF still has no big improvement in the suspension and handling department, then the F will stand for failure. It may have the speed, but if its still similar to the "sporty" aspects of the IS350, then there will be no point of making this division.
Not sure if Lexus didn't provide or C&D didn't ask but without the optional ****, we really don't know how well the GS can indeed handle. I will say, yes, Lexus is not as sporty as BMW, everyone knows that.

As for the exhausts, they are ugly b/c they are different. I don't like them to be honest and not sure how the aftermarket will be able to make a duplicate. However, they are DIFFERENT and a distinct Lexus styling cue.
Old 12-06-06, 10:03 PM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

I think it's pretty ugly in an alien way .
I don't believe in inhaling everything that a certain automaker put out. My gosh, we're the one paying for the car. It's not like you're getting it for free. If so, then you can kiss all the *** you want from that automaker

Thanks for the video link TRD That exhaust note sounds nice
Old 12-06-06, 10:09 PM
LexFather

It is amazing. Lexus is boring, even though they have and do offer sporty vehicles, but not 911 GT2s, so people complain and moan.
Lexus comes with not just a car, but a division "F" and people are complaining about the name and complaing its an automatic and why bother. Clearly they learned something from L-Tuned.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Mind you like 75% of Vettes are Automatics, BMW shoves SMG down your throat, AMG are ALL automatics and the majority of S/RS cars are automatics, as well as Caddy's V cars.

The Acura and Infiniti fans should be HAPPY a Japanese car is joining the big fight club, instead of trying to find every fault IN A CAR NOT EVEN REVEALED IN FULL YET.

People are funny.......have a fresh glass....
Old 12-07-06, 12:36 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

It is amazing. Lexus is boring, even though they have and do offer sporty vehicles, but not 911 GT2s, so people complain and moan.
Lexus comes with not just a car, but a division "F" and people are complaining about the name and complaing its an automatic and why bother. Clearly they learned something from L-Tuned.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Mind you like 75% of Vettes are Automatics, BMW shoves SMG down your throat, AMG are ALL automatics and the majority of S/RS cars are automatics, as well as Caddy's V cars.

The Acura and Infiniti fans should be HAPPY a Japanese car is joining the big fight club, instead of trying to find every fault IN A CAR NOT EVEN REVEALED IN FULL YET.

Appropriately said.
Old 12-07-06, 02:29 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts

Well said bud, but manuals are still the drink of the purists.
M5 is coming in manual now... someone wants it
Old 12-07-06, 03:35 AM
xioix
Racer

so where is those other pictures at
Old 12-07-06, 06:37 AM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UGH!!!! I hope those exhausts are not the final answer.

What an eyesore.

I might get interested when they launch the GS-F...
Old 12-07-06, 07:33 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Phillip31
I can post the one in high res that's up now, but the rest I cannot put up until January 8 per the embargo.
Old 12-07-06, 09:12 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can post the one in high res that's up now, but the rest I cannot put up until January 8 per the embargo.
Nice, Good one man.

I will host the full resolution pics from Lexus on our gallery tonight.
What a way to give us major blue *****.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2008 Lexus IS-F to Premiere at NAIAS on January 8, 2007