IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

who's thinking about trading in for IS 500

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-06, 06:56 PM
suprafrank
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who's thinking about trading in for IS 500

Who's out there currently driving 2nd gen IS planning to trade in for IS 500??? I will be one of them if it's as fast as (if not faster than) M3 (or at least IS 500 should be less than 5 sec to go from 0-60mph) and handling matching M3. If these 2 criteria not met, forget it, what's the point. What do you think???

IS 350 is just not fast enough for me.
Old 08-24-06, 06:58 PM
cdiddy
Rookie

you must be rich
Old 08-24-06, 06:58 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

First chance i get!!!
Old 08-24-06, 07:23 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems pretty retarded to be talking about it when it won't even be available for over a year. Hell, we don't really even know what the IS500 will be (hybrid, V8, etc.)!
Old 08-24-06, 07:36 PM
bgarre
Driver

I will certainly look but for that amount of money I'll be looking at other cars too. You can pick up a nice used Astin Martin for 60K that is flat out gorgeous, or one of the new XK Jags (used of course).
Speed isn't everything to me, Style is (that's why I bought the IS!). If I could have afforded the 07 XK I'd be driving that now but who has $75K for a new car?
Old 08-24-06, 07:49 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

I thought about it and thought for sure I was going to do it when I first heard about it, but now that I think about it, I probably won't. I'm very happy with my 350 and will probaby keep it around for a while and just save my money for now.
Old 08-24-06, 07:55 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll definitely take a look but to be honest, I rarely use all of the 306 ponies I have right now. Not too many chances to use all of them in my commute as it is.

I might change my mind when I take the IS out for a DE in a month.
Old 08-24-06, 07:59 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default NO WAY!!! (For now...)

As exciting the prospect of getting the IS500, I know that there's more to it than getting a bigger engine.

We all have to see what the IS500 will be as a whole package. Personally, I find the 350 PERFECT for me at this time, and as nice it is to have a faster car, I wonder "what for"?

Until I see and drive the IS500, I would have to say ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

Last edited by PhilipMSPT; 08-24-06 at 08:03 PM.
Old 08-24-06, 08:00 PM
meteoro
Pole Position

Depends on the price for one. But yes, when my lease is up on my 2nd gen, I will definitely take a look at it.
Old 08-24-06, 08:03 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am heavily leaning towards YES.
Old 08-24-06, 08:58 PM
suprafrank
Rookie

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
We all have to see what the IS500 will be as a whole package. Personally, I find the 350 PERFECT for me at this time, and as nice it is to have a faster car, I wonder "what for"?
What for?? It's for beating those cars who were picking a race with you on the freeway. Once you pull a distance away quickly, they know who's the boss. An Acura TL was trying to race with me on a freeway, I wasn't into it (and I had 2 other passengers on my car that put extra weight on my car and it's not fair) but hey what the heck and there's no other cars around, I kinda only pull further slowly away from it with the gas pedal all the way on the floor. Hope I could pull away faster from it . Not sure how many of you think this way or as competitive. Just wanna beat other sport sedans.
Old 08-24-06, 09:01 PM
Zephyr
Lexus Test Driver

i want to see the final specs and price, but i might
Old 08-24-06, 09:02 PM
suprafrank
Rookie

Originally Posted by cdiddy
you must be rich
Well, start to save up money.
Old 08-24-06, 09:13 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by suprafrank
What for?? It's for beating those cars who were picking a race with you on the freeway. Once you pull a distance away quickly, they know who's the boss. An Acura TL was trying to race with me on a freeway, I wasn't into it (and I had 2 other passengers on my car that put extra weight on my car and it's not fair) but hey what the heck and there's no other cars around, I kinda only pull further slowly away from it with the gas pedal all the way on the floor. Hope I could pull away faster from it . Not sure how many of you think this way or as competitive. Just wanna beat other sport sedans.
Sure that would be nice, the question is that is it worth the $60 grand or so that it will cost. That depends on the person. Some people would rather keep that 60 grand and lose to an M3 and settle for G35's and 350Z's instead. I personally don't race too often in my 350, I got all that racing stuff out of my system a few years back when I got busted for it, got my car impounded, paid heavy fines and was on probation for 3 years. I somehow managed to avoid going to jail that night.
Old 08-24-06, 09:13 PM
suprafrank
Rookie

Originally Posted by Gernby
Seems pretty retarded to be talking about it when it won't even be available for over a year. Hell, we don't really even know what the IS500 will be (hybrid, V8, etc.)!
Well, they are testing the car on race tracks in Europe. It's not too early to talk about it. It will be out probably late 2007 or 2008. Time goes fast. Just like they had been talking about the new LS series and it's coming very very soon. By the way, they will use new LS' V8 engine so go figure how soon IS 500 can be in production once they figure out the handling issues with this super sedan .

Quick Reply: who's thinking about trading in for IS 500