IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

Subwoofer questions for IS350c

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-17, 10:16 PM
cjatkinson
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subwoofer questions for IS350c

First, I wanted to clarify something. Does the IS350c with navigation and non ML have a sub?
Second, I've noticed that if I put my audio all the way to the read it is very quiet and there is virtually no bass. All the base seems to come from the front. Are everyone else's systems like this?
Third, I purchased the kicker hideaway underseat amp for this vehicle, but haven't got it yet. I was either going to install it under the driver seat, or the read seat. I had also considered installing in the center rear console area if there is enough room inside. Any thoughts? Has anyone tried this subwoofer? I can post pictures if people are interested.
Thanks,
Old 08-07-17, 06:58 PM
cjatkinson
Driver School Candidate

I installed the kicker hideaway under the driver seat and it fits very nicely. The sound is better than I expected.
Old 09-10-17, 11:28 AM
Patek14
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

#1 - No, the stock sound system doesnt have a sub. the stock system regardless of Nav or not is an 8 speaker, ~195 watt system. I beleive its pioneer.

#2 - 6 speakers are in the front, 2 speakers are in the rear. the rear speakers in my give almost no sound at all. all the base comes from the larger sized speakers in the door.
Old 11-06-17, 08:35 AM
moffutt
Driver School Candidate

@cjatkinson
I would be very interested to see some pictures and if you could explain what you used and how you ran the wires that would be a great help. The sound system in this car has driven me crazy for the last 18 months but I have been a little shy to try to do something major to overhaul it. Your solution appears to be pretty simple and may remedy most of my complaints.
Old 01-21-18, 03:22 PM
ISCjonny
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Patek14
#1 - No, the stock sound system doesnt have a sub. the stock system regardless of Nav or not is an 8 speaker, ~195 watt system. I beleive its pioneer.

#2 - 6 speakers are in the front, 2 speakers are in the rear. the rear speakers in my give almost no sound at all. all the base comes from the larger sized speakers in the door.
I'm pretty sure that info is not correct. I'm pretty sure all the 2is audio have similar setups.

Standard "Premium" 8 speakers.
- 5 up front (2x each door + 1 center dash)
- 3 in the back ( 1x each side + 1 "subwoofer" behind rear seats)

However, I can understand why u would say theres no sub. Cause it barely does anything. But nonetheless, there's technically a "sub" with all Standard "Premium" audio systems.

I could be wrong tho. If so, please show me the correct speaker layout diagram.
Old 01-22-18, 10:00 AM
ed21x
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

unfortunately if you look at the diagram on http://www.mylparts.com , the subwoofer is only for the ML systems. Its strange because I count 3 speakers in each door on the front, and see the grill for 2 speakers on each side on the back, adding up to 10 speakers, while the middle dash is supposedly only used by the ML system and can be converted into a storage bin for non-ML cars.
Old 01-22-18, 11:53 AM
ed21x
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

btw, welcome back! your builds are quite inspirational
Old 01-22-18, 09:21 PM
ISCjonny
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ed21x
unfortunately if you look at the diagram on http://www.mylparts.com , the subwoofer is only for the ML systems. Its strange because I count 3 speakers in each door on the front, and see the grill for 2 speakers on each side on the back, adding up to 10 speakers, while the middle dash is supposedly only used by the ML system and can be converted into a storage bin for non-ML cars.
Hmm... interesting. I could be wrong.. but I could have sworn the picture from the Lexus diagram shows a speaker back there. I'll upload the photo tomorrow.
Old 01-23-18, 08:33 AM
jr4div2
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ISCjonny
Hmm... interesting. I could be wrong.. but I could have sworn the picture from the Lexus diagram shows a speaker back there. I'll upload the photo tomorrow.
That is also what I see. The only woofer in the rear (or anywhere) is listed a "W/Premium Audio". Bit that means all ISC's still must have some place to mount a woofer and if you got the ML/Premium woofer and wired up your own amp, you could have a woofer in the same location as the Martin Logan system.