IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

Advice: Lots of rattles/squeaks

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-13, 04:34 PM
kmuprhy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice: Lots of rattles/squeaks

I've owned my CPO 2010 IS250C for 2 months and the squeaks and rattles it has are driving me crazy. The roof has 2 different rattles, one in the front and one in the back, the drivers window rattles really bad, the seat backs groan/squeak when they move and the list goes on and on.

I took it to my local dealership and they said none of this is covered under my CPO warranty.

I found that the seat backs and the roof rattle both have a TSB so these are know issues.

Does anyone have any advice? I don't live near the dealership where I purchased the car from so I can't go back to them. Should I contact Lexus customer service? Contact cooperate?
Old 10-02-13, 05:52 AM
Bleezy
Lead Lap

Sucks you have those problems.

If it has TSB's on both the areas you are having with I would call the dealership and stress your concern and set up an appointment. Unfortunately I bet they will have to physically evaluate it so you probably are going to have to make the drive to the dealership. But if they fix the problem it will be worth the trip for sure.

Did you not notice these problems when you were test driving the vehicle?

I don't go to the dealership where I bought my car so as long as it is an actual Lexus dealership, you should be able to go there and have them address your issue.

Last edited by Bleezy; 10-02-13 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Extra thought
Old 10-02-13, 08:49 AM
kmuprhy
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for your quick reply!

I didn't test drive the car in person. My parents saw it at their local dealership when they were purchasing a car for themselves and they test drove it. They did notice the seat backs squeaked and mentioned it to the dealership. The dealership said they would take care of the seats but in the end they didn't fix the problem... My parents didn't notice the other problems at the time. I noticed them as soon as I got the car myself.

I've actually been to my local dealership once and they did agree that the problems were present, and that they did have TSB's associated with them but they would not cover the repairs. That's why I'm a bit frustrated at the moment.
Old 10-04-13, 11:49 PM
TRACYZ
Driver School Candidate

Hi everyone....Im new to the forum and I'm not up on all the lingo and abbreviations as yet, so please forgive me for some of my questions. I also just purchased my very first car, so I have lots of questions. I have a CPO 2010 IS250c in Starfire Pearl. I noticed that my car is making that squeaking sound (TSB) you previously mentioned when I move them back and forth. What exactly is TSB and what can I do to remedy it? Thanks.
Old 10-06-13, 05:05 AM
Bleezy
Lead Lap

TSB = Technical Service Bulletin

Go to any Lexus dealership to address the issue.

Sidenote, I never experience the rattle and groan other ISC owners complain about. Any time I hear a little squeaking at all, I drop the top for an hour or so and let the seals puff back up and realign the top. If you aren't taking your top down at least once or twice a month to do that, I advise you do.
Old 10-06-13, 10:23 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Technical service bulletins are posted by Lexus when some issues/defects are found that are annoying, but not safety related -- safety related issues would be recalls.

TSB issue fixes are normally covered under the basic warranty (4 years, 50,000 miles) without charge. CPO normally don't cover TSB fixes, but since your car is 2010, it might still be under basic warranty -- unless it's over 50,000 miles. Either way, I would contact Lexus corporate about this.