IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

fknISC808's Comeback Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-13, 08:51 AM
nmpeter
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait to see it done! I remember when you posted pics of your car on the Genesis rims years ago lol. You've come a long way since then!
Old 05-14-13, 04:18 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nmpeter
Can't wait to see it done! I remember when you posted pics of your car on the Genesis rims years ago lol. You've come a long way since then!
thanks bro, cant believe you parted your car. What are you moving on to next? With work and taking care of my 3 month old son, i have a couple hours a day to work on the car during the week and the other half hogs the weekends with family stuff. I am trying to get the car rolling by this weekend. Need to finish the wiring on my valves and wire up my grounds/power, then paint my calipers and bolt up the wheels.

In the mean time, this is my son, the little man who's been taking up most of my time. His name is Bentley-Blaize

Last edited by fknISC808; 05-14-13 at 04:27 PM.
Old 05-17-13, 09:17 AM
myroncuz
Rookie

what up kaika! car lookin pimp! or as samson would say, "everything cheee huu" haha i miss my "hardcore moddin" days.. kinda straying away from it but my gf just got a GS so the mod bug is back!

shoots
Old 05-17-13, 01:26 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by myroncuz
what up kaika! car lookin pimp! or as samson would say, "everything cheee huu" haha i miss my "hardcore moddin" days.. kinda straying away from it but my gf just got a GS so the mod bug is back!

shoots
Haha for real, I can picture him saying that. Nice pickup on the gs. Let the mods begin! Whats the plans?

Found some time to wire everything up and did a pressure test

Old 05-21-13, 02:44 AM
myroncuz
Rookie

you know, its not my car, but i already catch myself looking at body kits, engine stuff and other kind crap but i just remind myself that its not my car and i dont want to get into it again haha. but got some ssr on top now but my chick like some work rims and murder um out so we'll see.
Old 05-23-13, 11:34 AM
BrianTyler
Driver School Candidate

Sick ISC my dude. Can't wait to see the finished product
Old 05-28-13, 11:24 AM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by myroncuz
you know, its not my car, but i already catch myself looking at body kits, engine stuff and other kind crap but i just remind myself that its not my car and i dont want to get into it again haha. but got some ssr on top now but my chick like some work rims and murder um out so we'll see.
Haha I know what you mean...nice what kind SSR? you know your girl is going to want to mildly mod it.

Originally Posted by BrianTyler
Sick ISC my dude. Can't wait to see the finished product
Thanks bro, hope to be completely done within the next couple months. In time for one of the bigger car shows here.
Old 05-28-13, 12:01 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

I got some time to work on the whip this weekend while watching my son, that was fun. Put him to sleep, work on the car, he gets up so i feed him, we played then put him back to sleep, then work on the car again. That happened all day, lol

but enough of that.... heres what I was able to get done, sorry for the crappy pics

Wired up the E-level and did pressure test...I have a few leaks so I need to find the culprits

Finished up the brakes and re-installed, need me some Lexus decals to complete it.

Finally installed my FUCA's, found issue with its design for bagged/slammed folks who run this. squared end corner hits the fender-well when full slammed and I lost about an inch of tuckage. will need to either notch the fender-well or pickup some 30mm Sage RCA's to compensate the loss

Here's a pic of the setup completed. Arm installed and camber adjusted, wheels on just waiting to complete the rear link adjustment so I can drop the car.

Old 06-06-13, 02:50 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Did some final adjustments on my end links and dropped her for a test drive

Old 06-09-13, 07:18 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Went out for a test run again today. It feels great to drive her again! need to work on the front though, more camber and hammer out the frame to allow the FUCA's to clear

Old 06-10-13, 06:40 AM
ShawnD
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Siiiiiiiiiiick!!!
Old 06-13-13, 11:01 AM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ShawnD
Siiiiiiiiiiick!!!
Thanks Bro!

Re-Adjusted camber up front and took a peek at what is stopping me from full slammage...Hoping to tackle it this weekend then get my alignment next week.

Old 06-18-13, 10:02 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Finally went HAM on my fenders yesterday with help from a friend and got the front end to sit lower, not quite where I want to be but definitely closer. Sorry for the crappy first picture.
Attached Thumbnails fknISC808's Comeback Build-fotor0618184725.jpg  
Old 06-19-13, 06:52 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Hows your arm feeling after all the hammering? haha looks much better being bagged down lower now I think if i can get it to sit that low with the arms I'll be happy enough, but i guess "do it once, do it right" applies here, we'll see!
Old 06-19-13, 10:15 AM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by heyarms
Hows your arm feeling after all the hammering? haha looks much better being bagged down lower now I think if i can get it to sit that low with the arms I'll be happy enough, but i guess "do it once, do it right" applies here, we'll see!
Arms are a little jiggly, if you have acces to an air hammer I highly recommend it. Each side took about 20 minutes. I mounted the wheel and jacked up the LCA to check clearance before dropping the car. Let me know how yours goes

Quick Reply: fknISC808's Comeback Build