IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

Help! Need Recommendations for Replacing Front Tires

Old 09-30-12, 10:34 AM
califlexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help! Need Recommendations for Replacing Front Tires

I'm not an enthusiast or expert. I have a leased IS250C (2010) with about 14,500 miles and the 2 front tires are down to the threads. They are the Bridgestone Turanza EL400-02 BW (225/40R18)

I drive almost exclusively on city streets. I have not decided if I will buy this car from the lease and I don't want to spend a fortune on the tires. I've never had a car that had different tire sizes so the tires can't be rotated and I've never had tires go so quickly.

I live in Los Angeles so I don't need something that will have to handle ice or snow much. I am most concerned about noise, vibration, length of use (based on my city driving in mostly dry and sometimes rainy weather) and of course price

The dealer choices/prices seem awful. Their cheapest is the Continental Extremecontact DWS.

Just Tires was offering: Eagle GT or Direzza DZ101 or Fierce Instinct ZR.

Thanks!
Old 09-30-12, 02:15 PM
Machog
Driver

Check Costco, they do Bridgestone Potenza and Michelin Super sport-think that's what they were.

Machog
Old 09-30-12, 03:33 PM
califlexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Machog
Check Costco, they do Bridgestone Potenza and Michelin Super sport-think that's what they were.

Machog
Thanks. I'm always afraid of using Costco on a nice car. Never tried them for tires. And are those tires you mention something you have used and fit my needs (price, longevity, noise, etc.)?
Old 09-30-12, 07:57 PM
ISCjonny
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good tires for the price... check..

Yokohama S Drives
Hankook V12
Bridgestone RE760 Sports...
Old 10-01-12, 08:28 AM
Machog
Driver

I have used Costco in the past for tires and they have been great. If you live on West Coast you can also try Les Schwabb, great tires at great prices.

I'm coming up for new tires, I have 17k miles and front are looking a bit tired. I'll be going to Costco and getting the Michelin's. You can also try TireRack, great prices and they list places they will ship to that will install. They also have an excellent website, stick your car details in and they'll come up with recommendations and reviews.

Machog
Old 10-01-12, 08:32 AM
califlexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Machog
I have used Costco in the past for tires and they have been great. If you live on West Coast you can also try Les Schwabb, great tires at great prices.

I'm coming up for new tires, I have 17k miles and front are looking a bit tired. I'll be going to Costco and getting the Michelin's. You can also try TireRack, great prices and they list places they will ship to that will install. They also have an excellent website, stick your car details in and they'll come up with recommendations and reviews.

Machog

Thanks. I'm in L.A. Does Costco list their tire selection online? A little concerned about buying tires online and having them sent somewhere to install. The dealer of course tried to scare me saying that Costco is notorious for messing up the sensors (or something like that) which he says costs over $300 to then have fixed at the dealer.

Seems a lot of people are saying the Hankook V12 (which I saw in a Car and Driver article was listed high) and at least a couple said the Continental is very good.