IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

New Member to CL - My New 2011 IS250C (pics)

Old 06-30-11, 11:14 AM
yangster
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by strad2004
Nice pics man! I was going to ask you...does that Windscreen make a huge difference? I heard it was kind of "cheap" and didn't do much, but that's what the dealership told me. I don't really use the backseat so it wouldn't be in the way...I just don't know if its worth the $500+ price tag.
We have the windscreen on ours and it makes a big difference. Lexus says it reduces the wind by 50%. It's a minimum of 50% with the windows down and with them up, it's probably something like 80%. We ordered our car in January and I saw that Sewall had a clearance on them a couple weeks later. Got ours for around $440 if my memory is correct. Bought it and waited another 2 months for the car. My wife loves it as she doesn't have to wear a hat! Go figure...
Old 06-30-11, 11:17 AM
birador
Lead Lap

welcome to cl and congrats
Old 06-30-11, 03:25 PM
Lenscap2
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does your car have the black material 'bubbling' on the inside of the headlamp housing, right under the projector beam headlight? (You need to look close and in an area without sunlight.) Every 2011 I've seen has this issue... the older the car, the more bubbling there is. I contacted Lexus about this, saying I believe it is a manufacturing defect.

There is a whole thread on this very serious problem affecting the 2011 models, with many owners reporting they have the defect.
Old 07-01-11, 10:34 PM
ISCjonny
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was also going to ask you if removing the door panels involves the same approach as the IS250/350? I am looking to install those nice LS illuminated door lock ***** and don't want to break any of those clips.
pretty much the same..

front dome doesnt have any screws holding it in.. so just grab from the back towards the windshield and pull down.

doors.. same 2 screws.. behind door handle and 1 under window control switches.. then grab bottom corner and pop it off..
Old 07-04-11, 10:31 AM
strad2004
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lenscap2
Does your car have the black material 'bubbling' on the inside of the headlamp housing, right under the projector beam headlight? (You need to look close and in an area without sunlight.) Every 2011 I've seen has this issue... the older the car, the more bubbling there is. I contacted Lexus about this, saying I believe it is a manufacturing defect.

There is a whole thread on this very serious problem affecting the 2011 models, with many owners reporting they have the defect.
I looked at the headlights last night and I did find some slight bubbling occurring. I took some pictures and will post them later. Have people been exchanging headlights?

Here is a pic:
Attached Thumbnails New Member to CL - My New 2011 IS250C (pics)-headlight-bubbling.jpg  

Last edited by strad2004; 07-11-11 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Added picture
Old 07-04-11, 10:34 AM
strad2004
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone have experience replacing the door lock ***** with the illuminated LS lock *****? I would love to add this to the ISC but I think I have to wire them to the footwell LEDs for the OEM effect.
Old 07-04-11, 04:46 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

i love the ISC!! so jealous my sister's got one!
Old 07-04-11, 04:49 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice car! Kinda jealous, i didn't get a gift basket in my trunk
Old 07-04-11, 06:04 PM
Lenscap2
Pit Crew

I looked at the headlights last night and I did find some slight bubbling occurring. I took some pictures and will post them later. Have people been exchanging headlights?
You can't exchange the lights because they all have the defect. You'll have the same problem even if you replace them. You need to let your service manager at the dealer know about the problem, and email/call Lexus customer service. If possible, you'll also want to contact the Lexus regional manager (ask the service manager to set up a meeting so he/she can see the issue). The more people that complain, the sooner a fix will be available.

Congrats on the car!
Old 07-04-11, 07:00 PM
Matthewyu
Driver School Candidate

Congrats I'm jealous!
Old 07-05-11, 05:19 AM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Nice looking C. I like the white with black interior.

And yes, for some reason lexus decided to do a TAN trunk for everyone, regardless of interior color......which is stupid cause Lexus doesn't even make a tan interior C

Anyway, I think Jonny already answered some of these questions, but the clear lenses and lower LED's in the doors are interchangeable with the sedan, as are the dome lights (unless they changed them with the new SOS system).

Also, here's a link for more people with ISC's, and some modification info as well: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...0c-thread.html
Old 07-05-11, 11:15 AM
LexTuners
Former Sponsor

Congrats and Welcome to CL. Your car looks good. I love that color combo. If you have any questions about parts and pricing, give me a call or PM.
Old 07-05-11, 10:18 PM
denso1
Driver School Candidate

Congrats on the purchase. Wish a gift basket came with mine!
Old 07-10-11, 12:04 PM
strad2004
Driver School Candidate

So if you guys only had $1500ish to spend on the ISC, would you spend it on F-Sport Exhaust or the combination of F-Sport shocks/springs?
Old 07-10-11, 07:14 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Def need to get F-sport springs/shocks. Car should've come from the factory with it. Will make a great visual difference, and handling is better too.

Of course, I love the exhaust as well, so that's a hard choice between the two.

And, unfortunately, F-sport is the only (correct) choice for each, since aftermarket sedan exhaust doesn't fit vert, and the aftermarket coilovers aren't set up for the vert, even though they do bolt up......custom rates can be done but make sure you talk with a company that understands the actual weight differences/bias differences.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Member to CL - My New 2011 IS250C (pics)