Need help quickly on 350c

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-09, 12:08 PM
bills350c
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help quickly on 350c

Hi all--

A rather complicated story but here's the question.

I have never seen a tunsten pearl with black interior, matador red, starfire pearl with ANY interior or a black leather interior w/anything other than the web or brochures. I ordered a tungsten pearl with black interior and its now in. Although I have seen and really liked the alabaster leather interior (with tunsten pearl exterior) I was concerned that the leather, although it looks great today, would over time start to look dingy. This would be particularly true of the seat belts, etc. That's why I went with black. Now I'm not sure I made the right decision.

Should I take delivery of the tungsten/black combo or should I take a matador red with alabaster interior or starfire pearl/black combo both of which are available. Any could be done, the matador or starfire would be a little tougher for the dealer (they are at another dealer but owned by the same group) to do but my guess they would do it.

I'm supposed to take delivery of the tungsten/black day after tomorrow.

Each is configured identically (luxury, navigation, 18" all season with liquid alloy and parking assist.)

No right or wrong here but it may come down to practicality versus initial wow factor.

What do you think? Which would look sharper? BTW, I'm 60 years old. Probably no mods or limited mods in the future.

I made the decision to buy the car when I was in the hospital and as a reward for making it through 4 heart surgeries (50/50 shot at best).

Thanks in advance--
Bill

Last edited by bills350c; 11-17-09 at 12:16 PM.
Old 11-17-09, 12:28 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

wow bill, 4 surgeries and your still KICKIN! Congrats! welcome to CL. I have the Tungsten Pearl C with black leather and i love it. i wanted the matador/black but that was pre-sold.

IMO i would never go with white/off white interior just because over time like you said it would get dingy! I would stick with what you ordered or go with the Starfire/Black. in the long run either one will treat you right.

Good Luck with your new vert.
Old 11-17-09, 12:31 PM
soupdawg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

always black interior for me
Old 11-17-09, 12:32 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bills350c
Hi all--

A rather complicated story but here's the question.

I have never seen a tunsten pearl with black interior, matador red, starfire pearl with ANY interior or a black leather interior w/anything other than the web or brochures. I ordered a tungsten pearl with black interior and its now in. Although I have seen and really liked the alabaster leather interior (with tunsten pearl exterior) I was concerned that the leather, although it looks great today, would over time start to look dingy. This would be particularly true of the seat belts, etc. That's why I went with black. Now I'm not sure I made the right decision.

Should I take delivery of the tungsten/black combo or should I take a matador red with alabaster interior or starfire pearl/black combo both of which are available. Any could be done, the matador or starfire would be a little tougher for the dealer (they are at another dealer but owned by the same group) to do but my guess they would do it.

I'm supposed to take delivery of the tungsten/black day after tomorrow.

Each is configured identically (luxury, navigation, 18" all season with liquid alloy and parking assist.)

No right or wrong here but it may come down to practicality versus initial wow factor.

What do you think? Which would look sharper? BTW, I'm 60 years old. Probably no mods or limited mods in the future.

I made the decision to buy the car when I was in the hospital and as a reward for making it through 4 heart surgeries (50/50 shot at best).

Thanks in advance--
Bill

I'm glad you're still with us. you're a survivor.

Everyone will have their own opinion. I think you should just decide how much you want to take care of your car and how much you want it to stand out. If you always wear jeans, the colour will rub off onto the leather. Doesn't mean you shouldn't get it, just means you have to take care of it more. Black interior is more idiot-proof and easy to take care off. Just some 303 will do. For a convertible, white might look pretty good and black might be pretty hot in the summer if you keep the top down.

For exterior, red will probably give you the better result if you put in a good detail. The silver will be the easiest to take care of since it doesn't show dirt but won't give you that rich of a shine. I think white stands out the most in a crowd.

Me personally, I think out of the three choices, I would take the starfire/black because in my head, white and black flow pretty well.

Just look at the car in person and see which one you can picture yourself in driving down the sun parched highway.

Good luck, hope I didn't confuse you even more.
Old 11-17-09, 12:51 PM
bills350c
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the input and please keep it coming!

What makes this a tough decision is a) I only saw the IS350 once in September when I was buying a 2010 RX for my wife b) I haven't been able to drive since September 18th due to the surgeries C) My wife could have driven me to the dealership but they did not have a lot of inventory. Besides it would have been like "Driving Mr. Hazy" (me on heavy percodan) in the backseat (airbags deployment would have been a REAL problem) but my dear wife's driving scares the hell out of me but she is good at other things ...

No more percodan and I should get cleared to drive next week.

I regret not getting the M/L but my guess is that I would still be waiting for the car.

I WILL POST PICTURES!!!

Best-
Bill
Old 11-17-09, 12:55 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

WOW 4 heart surgeries??? time to lay off the bacon

newayz...

Your gut instinct told you to go black int., trust your gut err~ cept when it comes to more bacon
Old 11-17-09, 02:50 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

And get well soon too.
Old 11-17-09, 02:54 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by fknISC808
IMO i would never go with white/off white interior just because over time like you said it would get dingy! I would stick with what you ordered or go with the Starfire/Black. in the long run either one will treat you right.
That's my preferences too.
Old 11-17-09, 04:02 PM
BounceNY
Lexus Test Driver

glad you made it through! I would say black interior leather with whatever exterior color you like...
Old 11-17-09, 07:04 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like others said, it depends on personal preference and what you're willing to deal with for maintenance.

But, considering your choices, I think starfire with black would be a nice combo

BTW, congrats on your future purchase.