IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Tire pressure monitoring system

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-19, 08:43 PM
csgillaspy
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tire pressure monitoring system

I just purchased my first Lexus. A 2015 IS350 F Sport. This may be a newbie question but haven't been able to find a answer. Is the tire pressure monitoring system a option that had to be purchased? I haven't found it anywhere in the settings so my car must not have it. Thought it would be a standard issue item, but guessing not
Old 06-07-19, 02:18 AM
ShrinkDoc
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Standard on our cars. I believe it may be a part of federal safety concerns.
Old 06-07-19, 06:19 AM
NickCaesar
Instructor

Received 171 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by csgillaspy
I just purchased my first Lexus. A 2015 IS350 F Sport. This may be a newbie question but haven't been able to find a answer. Is the tire pressure monitoring system a option that had to be purchased? I haven't found it anywhere in the settings so my car must not have it. Thought it would be a standard issue item, but guessing not
There is a small 4 way button thing on the right side of the steering wheel that allows different settings to be displayed in the middle of the main tach, one of them is tire pressure. Or you you can slide the gauge over, and allow the 2nd display screen to appear, first page go up and down tire pressure is one of them.
The following users liked this post:
Nahash786 (04-14-24)
Old 06-07-19, 06:24 AM
unioncorps
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

I believe the government mandated that any cars manufactured after 2008 will by law, require a Tire Pressure Monitoring System. For your car, I'm sure there's a digital menu somewhere on your dash that you can cycle to view the tire pressure for each of your wheels - you just have to find that in a menu. I'm not familiar with the layout of the 2015s, but check your owner's manual to see how to see what your tire pressures are (may be under "Tire Pressure Monitoring System" or "TPMS")
Old 06-07-19, 08:26 AM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

The IS comes with two versions of TPMS.
The low grade is just monitoring the pressure and Indicates if it gets too low. This is standard equipment.
The high grade gives the actual pressure for all four tires displayed in the instrument cluster (as per previous replies). This is optional equipment.
Old 06-07-19, 11:19 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 449 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by jhs82
The low grade is just monitoring the pressure and Indicates if it gets too low. This is standard equipment.
The high grade gives the actual pressure for all four tires displayed in the instrument cluster (as per previous replies). This is optional equipment.
I'm pretty sure all the 3IS F Sports have the actual digital readout of the tire pressures.
Old 06-07-19, 02:25 PM
csgillaspy
Driver School Candidate

Ok thanks I must have just the low grade version that just monitors it cause I don't have any buttons or anything in the settings that tells you the tire pressures
Old 06-07-19, 02:34 PM
csgillaspy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jhs82
Thanks for the info, that's what I was wondering. Is it possible to add that feature to the car now and if so what all would I need to do
Old 06-07-19, 03:21 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,503 Likes on 1,804 Posts

Thanks for the info, that's what I was wondering. Is it possible to add that feature to the car now and if so what all would I need to do
Have you tried looking in the gauge cluster for this info? It wouldn't be in your "settings" or anything controlled by the infotainment screen.

The easiest way to find it would be to just toggle down through the center screen's menus using the button in the red box below:

If it's not there, you could go into the settings with the Menu button (right below the directional buttons), go over to Settings, and configure it. It should be available if you have an F Sport.

I don't think the option for an upgraded TPMS exists in the US. I certainly don't have it on my options sheet.
Old 06-08-19, 05:39 AM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Anything can be done, but it might be cheaper just to sell your current car and buying one with the higher grade.
Old 06-08-19, 08:08 AM
csgillaspy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by arentz07
Have you tried looking in the gauge cluster for this info? It wouldn't be in your "settings" or anything controlled by the infotainment screen.

The easiest way to find it would be to just toggle down through the center screen's menus using the button in the red box below:

If it's not there, you could go into the settings with the Menu button (right below the directional buttons), go over to Settings, and configure it. It should be available if you have an F Sport.

I don't think the option for an upgraded TPMS exists in the US. I certainly don't have it on my options sheet.
I gone through everything and the manual and I just dont have it unfortunately. Must just give me a alarm if a tire gets low. No big deal, just was curious about if their was 2 versions
Old 06-08-19, 09:01 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

I gone through everything and the manual and I just dont have it unfortunately. Must just give me a alarm if a tire gets low. No big deal, just was curious about if their was 2 versions
You bought your car in U.S? It’s weird that your car doesn’t have it because it’s a standard feature. I did run into a bug with the system before where I was not able see the navigation turns step in Fsport gauge when it’s in slide over mode. After I restarted the car it came back. Maybe you should unplug the car battery and reset the ECU.
Old 06-08-19, 10:57 AM
csgillaspy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dojoman
You bought your car in U.S? It’s weird that your car doesn’t have it because it’s a standard feature. I did run into a bug with the system before where I was not able see the navigation turns step in Fsport gauge when it’s in slide over mode. After I restarted the car it came back. Maybe you should unplug the car battery and reset the ECU.
Yes it's in the us. I might just give Lexus a call and get a concrete answer on if it's supposed to have it or not
Old 06-08-19, 06:03 PM
unioncorps
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

^ If you bought your car in the US, it definitely should have the ability to show you the tire pressures. TPMS is a standard requirement for all cars nowadays (since 2008), not something that's considered an upgrade. Just as everyone else posted, it should be accessible via the steering wheel menu button or by cycling through the different vehicle information screens.

Again, check your owner's manual to see where to find it exactly. If, for whatever reason, it doesn't exist in any of the screens/menus, I'd take it back to Lexus and have them check it. It's highly uncommon to not have this mandated feature.
Old 06-08-19, 06:17 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Check this video.

Quick Reply: Tire pressure monitoring system