IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Sad day - sold the IS

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-19, 09:28 AM
Burrcold
Advanced

Received 72 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Sad day - sold the IS

I'm only a year into owning my '18 IS350 F Sport AWD and just did the Tanabe exhaust (which has quieted down but still sounds and looks great! This will be for sale soon in the Toronto and surrounding areas). Loved the car for the short time, but there was always something missing that I couldn't put my finger on.

I had been looking for a slightly used, low mileage Audi S5 Coupe for a while, but not many came up that fit the bill. Until now. Found this absolutely pristine fully loaded 2018 S5 with only 14k miles on it. Couldn't pass it up once I saw and drove it. They gave me an insane deal on my Lexus that basically left me with no negative equity.

Here are a few crappy pics the dealer took.

Old 04-13-19, 09:37 AM
NickCaesar
Instructor

Received 171 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Burrcold
I'm only a year into owning my '18 IS350 F Sport AWD and just did the Tanabe exhaust (which has quieted down but still sounds and looks great! This will be for sale soon in the Toronto and surrounding areas). Loved the car for the short time, but there was always something missing that I couldn't put my finger on.

I had been looking for a slightly used, low mileage Audi S5 Coupe for a while, but not many came up that fit the bill. Until now. Found this absolutely pristine fully loaded 2018 S5 with only 14k miles on it. Couldn't pass it up once I saw and drove it. They gave me an insane deal on my Lexus that basically left me with no negative equity.

Here are a few crappy pics the dealer took.

Bad ***. Really in a different class of performance. It’s a super or turbo charged 6 cylinder right? Aftermarket support will be crazy. I’m in Ottawa, but have Fam in Toronto and an is350 AWD, do you have any cool random stuff for it you’d like to sell? Are you gonna return to stock to sell easier? Let me know if you are returning to stock before selling I’m trying to do a little to mine and would certainly like your exhaust and other stuff you have. I could pay $$$ if you kept ur stock stuff or trade stock + $$$ for stuff. Let me know.
Congrats on the car!
Old 04-13-19, 09:55 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,544 Likes on 1,734 Posts

Burrcold - Congrats on your Audi!!! I love the S5 (or RS5) and I have often flirted with Audi myself - Biggest issue for me is there are no dealers where I live which is an inconvenience but otherwise, I'd have one. In my opinion, Audi is the hottest brand on the market at the moment (minus the exotic cars obviously) but between BMW, Lexus, Audi, Mercedes, Jaguar, Audi is teh one that gets my MOJO going....Looks amazing and love the color
Old 04-13-19, 10:11 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Wow nice ride!

Let us know if you're going to mod that!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
The following users liked this post:
patgilm (04-20-19)
Old 04-13-19, 10:44 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,510 Likes on 1,806 Posts

Congrats! I am a big fan of the S5 - considering finding a low-mileage one for next go-around as well. Hope to hear about how it's treating you!
Old 04-13-19, 11:17 AM
Burrcold
Advanced

Thanks guys! Nick I don't have much done to the car other than the exhaust, and I'll most likely be swapping back to my oem exhaust when in the next week or so. I'll be putting it up for sale on here fairly cheap even though it's virtually brand new.
Old 04-13-19, 11:41 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 449 Likes on 365 Posts

Wow super sudden! Lol sorry to see you’re selling it ): haha. Congrats though!
Old 04-13-19, 12:20 PM
Burrcold
Advanced

Originally Posted by Flash5
Wow super sudden! Lol sorry to see you’re selling it ): haha. Congrats though!
I've been eyeing different cars for a while but didn't think I'd pull the trigger on one! I almost had a deal done on an Audi S3 and more recently a '19 RC350 F Sport. But the S5 was something I had reallllly been looking for but could never find one that was barely used (I like brand new cars so it really had to be perfect), and in the color I wanted...although I did want the red leather, but this will definitely do! I've also always been a coupe fan (despite having three kids under 10). My wife has a three row crossover for those duties.
Old 04-13-19, 01:16 PM
HOMER350
Racer

Received 315 Likes on 251 Posts

That was quick! Congrats thats such a good feeling when you find the one you've been waiting for. Enjoy
Old 04-13-19, 03:32 PM
jameshan
Pole Position

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Congrats. can't blame you. Have fun!
Old 04-13-19, 06:04 PM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

It's not a sad day if you are happy with it. Congrats!!
Old 04-13-19, 06:17 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

How is the S4 handling compared to the IS. I was thinking about it as my next car too
Old 04-13-19, 06:48 PM
Burrcold
Advanced

Originally Posted by EZZ
How is the S4 handling compared to the IS. I was thinking about it as my next car too
I haven't picked it up yet (hopefully next Saturday). From my seat time, it's much more compliant and the quattro is far far better than the IS (keep in mind I have the 350 F Sport AWD). I don't want to talk ***** about the IS, but this honestly seems like a fairly big step ahead in almost every performance metric. Even how solid the chassis feels, and rigidity of the ride over rough roads is crazy good. Very little flex, and not crashy whatsoever. Firm much like the F Sport, but more stable firm if that makes sense.
Old 04-13-19, 07:13 PM
swaangin
Racer

Received 376 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by Burrcold
I haven't picked it up yet (hopefully next Saturday). From my seat time, it's much more compliant and the quattro is far far better than the IS (keep in mind I have the 350 F Sport AWD). I don't want to talk ***** about the IS, but this honestly seems like a fairly big step ahead in almost every performance metric. Even how solid the chassis feels, and rigidity of the ride over rough roads is crazy good. Very little flex, and not crashy whatsoever. Firm much like the F Sport, but more stable firm if that makes sense.
Keep us posted on the reliability
Old 04-13-19, 07:46 PM
Burrcold
Advanced

Originally Posted by swaangin
Keep us posted on the reliability
I'm not too concerned. My track record for length of ownership with vehicles will mean that it's under full warranty the entire time.

Quick Reply: Sad day - sold the IS