ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present-249/)
-   -   SPC Rear Camber Kit (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present/913930-spc-rear-camber-kit.html)

Flash5 03-14-19 12:42 PM

SPC Rear Camber Kit

Who here is running the SPC camber kit for the rear wheels? The camber on the rear wheels is astonishing when lowered with RSR Downs lol.

bumbletuna 03-14-19 01:39 PM

I would also like to see who else is running the SPC camber kit and the amount of adjustability, since I am also considering buying it.

TOPENDMS 03-14-19 03:07 PM

Camber should still be within factory specs with lowering. In most cases it's not worth installing camber kits which change the geometry of the suspension movement.

Sasnuke 03-14-19 04:39 PM

I don't have the arms, but looked into getting them.
With the RSR Downs and 20 inch wheels, the camber is just on the borderline of within/out of spec.

If I were to install them, I would just back the camber off enough so it's just "in the green" on the alignment machine.
The necessity is just not there for me...yet!

Sasnuke 03-14-19 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by TOPENDMS (Post 10466723)
Camber should still be within factory specs with lowering. In most cases it's not worth installing camber kits which change the geometry of the suspension movement.

Are you referring to the Downs, or lowering in general?
With the Downs it seems hit or miss...depends on the individual car. The Downs are right on that borderline. Superdowns for sure it would be out, and Half Downs it would still be within spec.
If you meant in general...I would respectfully disagree.

Given how much adjustment is needed, I doubt the geometry is going to be night and day...most people aren't tracking the car.

TonyN 03-14-19 07:39 PM

I run the spc on stock springs lol. I did it to lessen the camber to save tire life, plenty room for adjustment +/- 3 degree
for whatever reason my camber was at 2 degree on stock suspension

Flash5 03-14-19 09:49 PM

If you look at the wheels from the perfect angle (especially from the back of the car), the camber looks atrocious. I’m 99% I will end up with inner tire wear on the rears if I don’t install the camber arms.

Napalvr 03-15-19 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Sasnuke (Post 10466790)
I don't have the arms, but looked into getting them.
With the RSR Downs and 20 inch wheels, the camber is just on the borderline of within/out of spec.

If I were to install them, I would just back the camber off enough so it's just "in the green" on the alignment machine.
The necessity is just not there for me...yet!

I have done exactly that. My camber with downs was -2.3,-2.4 respectively. I put on the camber arms and adjusted to -1.5 both sides. We’ll see if this helps. My summer tires were getting cupped pretty bad on the inside. I get an alignment done every spring and the toe has always been dead on zero.