ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present-249/)
-   -   Any special features I should know about? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present/913805-any-special-features-i-should-know-about.html)

Erikkenny 03-12-19 06:06 PM

Any special features I should know about?

2015 FSPORT just curious if there’s any features I’m missing out on, thnx guys

trivo32 03-13-19 07:38 PM

I recently found out how to lock the doors by touching the handle. Before I only knew how to unlock the doors. I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not.

spindos 03-13-19 08:38 PM

How do you lock the door using the handle?

Ethanol 03-13-19 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by spindos (Post 10466158)
How do you lock the door using the handle?

The electronic key must be nearby (e.g. in your pocket).
At the upper part of the handle there is a notch, that's the lock sensor,
touching that should enable the door locks.

dojoman 03-14-19 07:50 AM

Radio has 15 min buffer you can rewind back like DVR until you change station.

KYLexusMkr 03-14-19 01:11 PM

You can also speak commands via the speak button on the steering wheel. Example, press the button and after the beep say “I am cold” and it will automatically warm it up via the climate control. You could also say “I am hot” and it will do just the opposite, or “I am hungry” and it will pull up restaurants near by via the navigation if so equipped.

HAFC01 03-14-19 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by dojoman (Post 10466381)
Radio has 15 min buffer you can rewind back like DVR until you change station.

how the hell do you do that?

dojoman 03-14-19 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by HAFC01 (Post 10466653)

how the hell do you do that?

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...ca3329d48e.png

Menu to rewind and pause radio is hidden until you click this arrow.

ihateu3 03-14-19 06:08 PM

Hold unlock to roll all windows down. Almost all Lexus have this feature, but many owners are still unaware. On the 3rd gen IS, it is off by default because of people complaining, so you need to enable the function at the dealer/techstream/carista.

spindos 03-14-19 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by ihateu3 (Post 10466849)
Hold unlock to roll all windows down. Almost all Lexus have this feature, but many owners are still unaware. On the 3rd gen IS, it is off by default because of people complaining, so you need to enable the function at the dealer/techstream/carista.

I wish there was a way to hold down lock to lock all the windows with the remote though.

Chazzer96 03-14-19 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by KYLexusMkr (Post 10466626)
You can also speak commands via the speak button on the steering wheel. Example, press the button and after the beep say “I am cold” and it will automatically warm it up via the climate control. You could also say “I am hot” and it will do just the opposite, or “I am hungry” and it will pull up restaurants near by via the navigation if so equipped.

Thinking I wasn't going to learn anything as I thought I knew all the features. You proved me wrong and I'm going to try that tomorrow. lol Thank you. Another not really hidden feature is when you connect your phone you could get texts read aloud to you. Although alot of people knew that im sure there are those who are still learning. Also if you lock your car using the lock sensor on the handle, and left your keys in the car. It wont lock and will let you know by making a noise and informing you on the dash. Happened to me once lol.

KYLexusMkr 03-14-19 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Chazzer96 (Post 10466867)
Also if you lock your car using the lock sensor on the handle, and left your keys in the car. It wont lock and will let you know by making a noise and informing you on the dash. Happened to me once lol.

It won’t lock with them in the trunk either... don’t ask. 😅

KYLexusMkr 03-14-19 07:06 PM

Another feature I use quite often when traveling, as part of the Enform subscription, if you press the sos button at the upper/moonroof console, you can have them send directions to your navigation system to anywhere or anything you’re wanting to find. An example, I was looking for a particular sporting good store, I told them the name and found three in that city and sent directions to the nearest one. Never had to take my eyes off the road or pull over to input the information manually. Likewise, they can connect you to hotels or even book as well.

Chazzer96 03-14-19 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by KYLexusMkr (Post 10466883)
Another feature I use quite often when traveling, as part of the Enform subscription, if you press the sos button at the upper/moonroof console, you can have them send directions to your navigation system to anywhere or anything you’re wanting to find. An example, I was looking for a particular sporting good store, I told them the name and found three in that city and sent directions to the nearest one. Never had to take my eyes off the road or pull over to input the information manually. Likewise, they can connect you to hotels or even book as well.

I thought the SOS button was just for emergencies?

tabjohitol 03-14-19 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Chazzer96 (Post 10466888)

I thought the SOS button was just for emergencies?

The first question they ask is if this is an emergency. You say no and proceed with your question/request.