Any special features I should know about? - Page 2 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Any special features I should know about?

Old 03-15-19, 04:32 AM
Dizordered
Rookie

The little stick handle on the left side of the steering wheel is to activate the flasher... up to go right and down to go left. Many people ignore that this function exist in every car! But Lexus makes it better, they added a lane-change function to that stick handle. Hit it half way and it blinks only 3 times!! WOW!!! LOLLLL joke aside....

I don't know if this wiper feature is considered as a hidden feature. So there are 4 levels on the handle: manual (hit up), intermittent (with sensitivity switch), continuous and fast. When wipers are in continuous mode and car is stopped, wipers will slow down their rhythm if sensitivity switch is not at the highest level. When sensitivity switch is at highest level, wipers will not slow down even if car is stopped.
Old 03-15-19, 07:53 AM
dojoman
Lexus Champion

Another hidden feature most people probably don't know is there's a padding between the seat and center armrest where people tend to drop stuff like keys, phone and coins. The padding prevent things going down the gap.
Old 03-15-19, 08:08 AM
JDR76
Lexus Fanatic

One of the things I really liked on my IS was that there is a grab/pull handle on the inside of the trunk. You can grab on to this to shut the trunk, so you don't have to fingerprint the outside anywhere. It's the little things...
Old 03-15-19, 06:14 PM
HOMER350
Pole Position

While in drive mode (including eco, normal, sport) you can use paddle shifters for a quick shift up or down.

Helpful for hitting passing gear real quick or to lower rpms when sport mode has me stuck at 4500rpm.

Itll remain in that gear until you press the accelerator for 4 continuous seconds.
Old 03-15-19, 09:14 PM
pngo
Driver

Originally Posted by Dizordered View Post
The little stick handle on the left side of the steering wheel is to activate the flasher... up to go right and down to go left. Many people ignore that this function exist in every car! But Lexus makes it better, they added a lane-change function to that stick handle. Hit it half way and it blinks only 3 times!! WOW!!! LOLLLL joke aside....

I don't know if this wiper feature is considered as a hidden feature. So there are 4 levels on the handle: manual (hit up), intermittent (with sensitivity switch), continuous and fast. When wipers are in continuous mode and car is stopped, wipers will slow down their rhythm if sensitivity switch is not at the highest level. When sensitivity switch is at highest level, wipers will not slow down even if car is stopped.
I was wondering how to do this! I had it set to such on accident before, but didnít know how. Thanks
Old 03-15-19, 09:47 PM
dojoman
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pngo View Post

I was wondering how to do this! I had it set to such on accident before, but didnít know how. Thanks
I set mine to blink 5 times instead of default 3. Max is 7 blinks it can be change with Carista app with ODB dongle or dealer can change with a fee.
Old 03-15-19, 09:51 PM
dojoman
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by HOMER350 View Post
While in drive mode (including eco, normal, sport) you can use paddle shifters for a quick shift up or down.

Helpful for hitting passing gear real quick or to lower rpms when sport mode has me stuck at 4500rpm.

Itll remain in that gear until you press the accelerator for 4 continuous seconds.
You can actually get out of manual mode by pulling and hold Up shifter for 3 sec and transmission will go back to auto. I donít believe this was in the manual. This only works only in Drive mode.
Old 03-16-19, 12:51 AM
pngo
Driver

Originally Posted by dojoman View Post

I set mine to blink 5 times instead of default 3. Max is 7 blinks it can be change with Carista app with ODB dongle or dealer can change with a fee.
You can also follow these steps to do it yourself manually:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...me-change.html
Old 03-16-19, 03:08 PM
CarlitoIS
Driver

Menu to rewind and pause radio is hidden until you click this arrow.
That's pretty cool. Does it work for Sirius XM as well? I rarely use the AM/FM radio.
Old 03-16-19, 06:26 PM
dojoman
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CarlitoIS View Post
That's pretty cool. Does it work for Sirius XM as well? I rarely use the AM/FM radio.
Only for FM/AM.
Old 03-17-19, 09:21 AM
NickCaesar
Rookie

Another hidden feature most people probably don't know is there's a padding between the seat and center armrest where people tend to drop stuff like keys, phone and coins. The padding prevent things going down the gap.
yup! I use to drop stuff outta my pockets constantly in between the seat in my old Rx350... I discovered these paddingís first day and itís something so simple I donít get why every car doesnít have it

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: