IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Complimentary Services for up to 60k Disappeared

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-19, 08:00 PM
RageRacerM
Advanced

Received 87 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Complimentary Services for up to 60k Disappeared

^How the nearby Lexus dealership described my situation. When I picked up my car, it was part of the deal that services up to 60k (each 5k interval) would be covered. After my 30k interval, apparently that deal vanished from the system. The Lexus dealership eventually contacted Corporate, then the dealership called me back telling me that even Corporate had no information regarding this deal. Both are confused as to how my 30k was paid for as there was no "receipt."

Will call the original dealer from where my car came, and see what the sales or service people can do for me...

Anyone encounter this before?

Edit: Yes, I still have the paperwork stating this deal.

Last edited by RageRacerM; 02-13-19 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-14-19, 03:10 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 449 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by RageRacerM
^How the nearby Lexus dealership described my situation. When I picked up my car, it was part of the deal that services up to 60k (each 5k interval) would be covered. After my 30k interval, apparently that deal vanished from the system. The Lexus dealership eventually contacted Corporate, then the dealership called me back telling me that even Corporate had no information regarding this deal. Both are confused as to how my 30k was paid for as there was no "receipt."

Will call the original dealer from where my car came, and see what the sales or service people can do for me...

Which dealership there are you going to?
Old 02-14-19, 05:03 AM
RageRacerM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Flash5

Which dealership there are you going to?
Was gonna go to Hennessy Lexus in Doraville next time I was in the area
Old 02-14-19, 06:02 AM
SSworks
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

IF you can get them to throw in the 60K service DO IT lol its a big one, my Lexus dealer quoted me $1200
Old 02-14-19, 06:02 AM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Both are confused as to how my 30k was paid for as there was no "receipt."

When you say receipt, do you mean for the actual service? Or for the contract?

Because your paperwork would be your receipt for the agreed upon service interval deal/contract.
Old 02-14-19, 06:51 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 449 Likes on 365 Posts

Was gonna go to Hennessy Lexus in Doraville next time I was in the area
Okay, just don’t go to Butler Lexus of South Atlanta. That’s where I got my IS and they are a bunch of scum bags haha.
Old 02-14-19, 07:13 PM
osiriskidd
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SSworks
IF you can get them to throw in the 60K service DO IT lol its a big one, my Lexus dealer quoted me $1200
skip everything south of atlanta and the airport lolol
Old 02-14-19, 11:08 PM
Thesickest
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if you still have the paperwork then whats the problem?
i paid for 5. I think the first 2-3 are free but every 5K the car doesn’t need an oil change so I go every 10K now, or whenever the car is running low on fluid. If you have the paperwork it’s basically part of your contract so they have to honor it
Old 02-15-19, 10:54 AM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

No problems with Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett. My car(IS 200t) is in for service now, they got me in a 2019 ES(loaner).

Last edited by WhyHateTho; 02-16-19 at 05:42 AM.
Old 02-15-19, 11:03 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

The Factory is committed to two (2) service visits, 5K and 10K, two tire rotations and one synthetic LOF.
Any extra "Maintenance Programs" are dealer specific and paid by the customer. Check your delivery
paperwork (or that of the Original owner if purchased Used) and find the time and mile boxes. Likely to
be dealer specific, ie., work has been pre-paid to be performed by the selling dealer...only. Not marketed
strictly as a profit generator (such as rust-proofing, etc.) but as a means to get you to swing by a couple
time a year and check out the new stuff.
Old 02-15-19, 03:06 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

If you have all documentation of it, let them know you will take legal action if they start acting like they cant help you. Guarantee you this will get you the quickest answer.
Old 02-15-19, 04:18 PM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by mcomer
Any extra "Maintenance Programs" are dealer specific and paid by the customer.
Not true. There are several different maintenance agreements. A corporate one actually exists where you can take it to any dealership. Dealerships may not market it because they lose out on revenue on the service side.
Old 02-15-19, 05:05 PM
RageRacerM
Advanced

Update:

Gave a call to Magnussen Lexus of Fremont, and turns out the maintenance agreement was dealership specific to them. So Lexus corporate has nothing to do with it.

Long story short, the dealership in Atlanta will accept the other dealership's terms. Hallelujah!

@Thesickest Original Paperwork is at home in California. So wasn't actually sure if a relative could look it up for me. Also was slightly worried due to the inconsistencies of documentation from my 2 most recent dealership visits and Lexus Corporate.

@Flash5 Appreciate the heads up!

@Rudiculous Receipt as in for the actual service. And I do have a contract for the service interval agreement.

@WhyHateTho Happy to hear you had a good experience there. Im hoping for a fun loaner, but honestly wont complain with whatever I get.
Old 02-15-19, 06:42 PM
Thesickest
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WhyHateTho
No problems with Hennessy Lexus of Duluth. My car is in for service now, they got me in a 2019 ES.

nice...I drove a 2018 ES as a loaner before and I gotta say it was AMAZING! Loved the handling on it and it was so smooth. I didn’t expect to like it so much tbh but it surprised me for sure. Liked everything but the style of the car it’s definitely not a head turner and looks like a Camry. Although the 2019 is another story I gotta say for a grandma car Lexus sure did their fair amount of rendering on this one, maybe they figured it would appeal more to the younger crowd?

P.S. Congrats on the new car!
Old 02-15-19, 07:20 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Thesickest
nice...I drove a 2018 ES as a loaner before and I gotta say it was AMAZING! Loved the handling on it and it was so smooth. I didn’t expect to like it so much tbh but it surprised me for sure. Liked everything but the style of the car it’s definitely not a head turner and looks like a Camry. Although the 2019 is another story I gotta say for a grandma car Lexus sure did their fair amount of rendering on this one, maybe they figured it would appeal more to the younger crowd?

P.S. Congrats on the new car!
Really? I hated it. I could tell it was FWD every time I took a corner. The new one still feels like a luxe cruiser which is completely different from the IS.

If Lexus releases the IS400 with the new 3.5L turbo, I will buy it

Quick Reply: Complimentary Services for up to 60k Disappeared