ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present-249/)
-   -   Spacers on IS350 AWD (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present/902993-spacers-on-is350-awd.html)

hl513 10-26-18 07:44 AM

Spacers on IS350 AWD

Hey, tried my best to check all over the internet but couldn't find the answer I want so just gonna start a new thread. Currently I'm thinking of running 15 or 20mm spacers in the back and none in the front. My question is, all the posts I saw online have the same dimensions on all four tires, whereas mine's staggered. 225/40/18 in the front and 255/35/18 in the back. Would adding spacers to the back effect anything?
Still a noob here
Thanks y'all

Meraki Autoworks 10-26-18 11:09 AM

I would add it to all 4 corners.. It would look weird like that.

-Josh

hl513 10-26-18 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks (Post 10343690)
I would add it to all 4 corners.. It would look weird like that.

-Josh

Hahaha yeah after some thoughts I do think only the back looks quite weird. If I run 15 on all 4 would that have any negative impact?

TOPENDMS 10-27-18 12:59 AM

The front could use spacers more than the rear.

20mm defintely is a no go for the rear on F Sport, and that was even a little too wide for the front.

I would probably go 15mm in front and and none in the rear for proper clearance. If you want to get technical you probably want an 8mm in the rear but will require extended studs which I wouldn't bother going through.

pgaknot 10-27-18 07:52 AM

I personally use 4mm on the front only just to give little xtra clearance of large front caliper.
Square setup of 17" is only for winter then back to staggered 18 for the summer.
No issues
No need for spacers on rear as calipers are small compared to front.

hl513 10-27-18 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by TOPENDMS (Post 10344277)
The front could use spacers more than the rear.

20mm defintely is a no go for the rear on F Sport, and that was even a little too wide for the front.

I would probably go 15mm in front and and none in the rear for proper clearance. If you want to get technical you probably want an 8mm in the rear but will require extended studs which I wouldn't bother going through.

Ahh I see, but mine is base 350 AWD would that make a difference? Also the main reason for adding spacers is because I want to give the car a bit more stance before lowering and stuff..
All in all I'm just not sure which one I should go with.

hl513 10-27-18 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by pgaknot (Post 10344376)
I personally use 4mm on the front only just to give little xtra clearance of large front caliper.
Square setup of 17" is only for winter then back to staggered 18 for the summer.
No issues
No need for spacers on rear as calipers are small compared to front.

Maybe I'll hold off on this since it's almost winter here. Maybe by spring I'll figure something out haha.

pgaknot 10-27-18 02:01 PM

Mine is a base 350 AWD also. No interest in lowering or widening -my personal choice
I like it the way it is. Lowering will only give you more problems with the amount of snow we can get if you are to drive it all year round.
The main streets may be fine most of the time but the side streets take crews time to clean. May damage front if too low(front cowling)
Put winter tires on & have never had any problems getting around TO or sounding area.
These vehicles are amazing in the snow when driven with common sense. Just got new Bridgestone LM001 for this winter, 17" square setup.
Then back to 18" staggered (new Conti's) for next summer.

lychee416 10-27-18 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by pgaknot (Post 10344625)
Mine is a base 350 AWD also. No interest in lowering or widening -my personal choice
I like it the way it is. Lowering will only give you more problems with the amount of snow we can get if you are to drive it all year round.
The main streets may be fine most of the time but the side streets take crews time to clean. May damage front if too low(front cowling)
Put winter tires on & have never had any problems getting around TO or sounding area.
These vehicles are amazing in the snow when driven with common sense. Just got new Bridgestone LM001 for this winter, 17" square setup.
Then back to 18" staggered (new Conti's) for next summer.

Hey, I am in Toronto too. Have you used Bridgestone LM001 for winter before? Do you think it is better than blizzak ws80?

pgaknot 10-27-18 05:22 PM

No, just got them.
The LM001 is a performance winter tire (94V ) where as the WS80 is (94T) more fore sedans
Blizzak is a great tire according to reviews
My previous winter tires were Hankook pike (94T) and they where good
Trying something new