10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-19, 02:12 PM
dkotoric
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash5

I thought you disappeared lol
No ive been going through buying and selling our home so been busy.
Old 03-22-19, 11:06 AM
drwindow
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I'm understanding correctly, does the **** control not work while in android auto/apple carplay mode? Does it work everywhere else though such as hitting the small home and back buttons and such? I would like to touch the screen as little as possible since the screen is such a far reach.
Old 03-22-19, 01:32 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 449 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by drwindow
If I'm understanding correctly, does the **** control not work while in android auto/apple carplay mode? Does it work everywhere else though such as hitting the small home and back buttons and such? I would like to touch the screen as little as possible since the screen is such a far reach.
Only time **** doesn’t work is while in Apple CarPlay or AA because those are designed around touch screens. Everything else you can use the **** pretty much, BUT to adjust settings with sliders you have to use your finger such as brightness etc. Lexus OEM interface is 100% unchanged so it will work like normal.
Old 04-12-19, 03:10 AM
Bahrovski
Driver School Candidate

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JWIS350
I've tried both AUX and A/V inputs. I can say when you are playing music from the USB it sounds less hollow and more full when I am on A/V. But, I've also noticed when playing a video file from the USB drive it sounds better on AUX.

Android side music. Lexus input A/V.
Android side video. Lexus input AUX.

I would say the audio is comparable to what is coming from the Lexus side when I'm in the proper mode (AUX or A/V)

For those following this thread my audio issue was solved by connecting two wires together on the main wiring harness on the back of the screen.

Attachment 477466
I received my unit from (4x4shop ca) and had the same problem (no sound) but I can now confirm that the solution you posted made it work!!

Other than that, everything seems to be working fine. The only issue is updating Google Services to be able to use Google Maps and Youtube but the download is not going through.. Maybe I can sideload the Google Services update? anyone here faced this problem?

The Jog control is a little weird (My car came with NAV option) and sometimes does not work and you'll have to rely more on touch input.. maybe a software update can fix that.. Apple CarPlay / AA works beautifully and it's well worth adding it to your purchase!

Overall I can safely say that I couldn't be happier with it..

My screen came with Android 7.1 (not sure why everyone here got 6.0?)

Old 04-12-19, 03:25 AM
lyousufzai
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was having problems with mine a few months ago and 4x4 upgraded me to 7.1. It originally came with 6.0. It's been a lot more stable since the upgrade but once in a while it has issues like trying to switch to the android part and it freezes at a black screen or the unit restarts by itself. But overall way better then when it was at 6.0.

I also had a lot of problems downloading Google play services at a very long light. Once I got home I restarted my car and tethered my phone to the unit and it worked.

Question for everyone, have you guys experienced a dead battery since you got your unit installed? I have a 2016 IS and my battery died within a month after getting this unit and in February I got a new battery. After having the car sit idle for over a week, it's dead again. The only thing different is the android unit.
Could it be what it draining the battery?

Ps. I'm on Toronto so the weather hasn't been that cold that it would kill the battery.

Thanks,
Old 04-12-19, 04:10 AM
Bahrovski
Driver School Candidate

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lyousufzai
I was having problems with mine a few months ago and 4x4 upgraded me to 7.1. It originally came with 6.0. It's been a lot more stable since the upgrade but once in a while it has issues like trying to switch to the android part and it freezes at a black screen or the unit restarts by itself. But overall way better then when it was at 6.0.

I also had a lot of problems downloading Google play services at a very long light. Once I got home I restarted my car and tethered my phone to the unit and it worked.

Question for everyone, have you guys experienced a dead battery since you got your unit installed? I have a 2016 IS and my battery died within a month after getting this unit and in February I got a new battery. After having the car sit idle for over a week, it's dead again. The only thing different is the android unit.

Ps. I'm on Toronto so the weather hasn't been that cold that it would kill the battery.

Thanks,
Thank you I’ll keep trying the download.. it’ll work eventually!

I get the occasional freezes and black screens.. but I guess we have to manage our expectations.. it’s not that frequent and I’m sure it’ll be more optimized with future updates.

As for the battery drainage, the shop that helped me with the installation of the screen confirmed that the it adds no additional load on the battery when the car is off.. But anyways I drive my car everyday so I cant replicate the problem you’re having.. I’m sure someone here can tell us how to test for additional power consumption of the car when is off..
Old 04-12-19, 06:13 AM
JBison73
Lead Lap

Received 132 Likes on 95 Posts

Thanks,
How much different is the layout and look of the unit going from 6.0 to 7.1?
Old 04-12-19, 07:41 AM
JWIS350
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks,
Well it's good to hear I'm not the only one with this battery issue. This unit doesn't turn off when the ignition is turned off. (Screen is off but the unit is still powered up) I finally got video of the screen staying on which it does occasionally when the car is completely off. I took my car to the dealership and we pin pointed the battery drain was due to the android screen not completely powering down.

I've currently have Ray at 4x4shop helping me. He sent me an updated MCU file but all that did was screw up the backup camera video.

I'm also going to ask about Android 7.1 as this update hasn't been offered to us folks who bought this with 6.0.

I also have a 2016 IS350 AWD with jog for your reference.

Josh
Old 04-12-19, 07:47 AM
SSworks
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I have had this unit in the shopping cart for months, 4 times in that period I had put in my CC info and each time I stalled on the check out because each time the thread sits quiet and I think its all good and the kinks are ironed out you guys come out with more issues and I hit cancel.
Old 04-12-19, 08:57 AM
gmackmoney
Driver School Candidate

Me too!!!
Old 04-12-19, 09:00 AM
SSworks
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gmackmoney
Me too!!!
I was accepting on the audio quality issue but the battery drain issue is a deal breaker. Until thats fixed its a no go, sadly i am still in love with the product.
Old 04-12-19, 03:24 PM
MD3
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SSworks
I was accepting on the audio quality issue but the battery drain issue is a deal breaker. Until thats fixed its a no go, sadly i am still in love with the product.
I've had the screen installed for 4 months and have not had my battery die at all, however I do drive my car every day. I have noticed that sometimes when you turn the car on the screen is still up as if it hasn't powered down, other times it loads up like the screen was properly off so I think it's intermittent. I have emailed Ray to get the update files to 7.1 and also inquired about the power issue.

2015 350 F-Sport for reference.

Last edited by MD3; 04-12-19 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-12-19, 05:25 PM
JWIS350
Driver

Originally Posted by MD3
I've had the screen installed for 4 months and have not had my battery die at all, however I do drive my car every day. I have noticed that sometimes when you turn the car on the screen is still up as if it hasn't powered down, other times it loads up like the screen was properly off so I think it's intermittent. I have emailed Ray to get the update files to 7.1 and also inquired about the power issue.

2015 350 F-Sport for reference.
I recently went away and the car wasn't driven for a few days. Got home and it was dead. I normally drive my IS every day. I've also been away for a week or two and never had this happen, pre the android screen being installed.

I've had my screen installed for just over 3 months and have noticed the odd morning where it would turn over a little on the sluggish side. Had the battery checked by Lexus (it was good) and also had them help me narrow down my battery drain problem to being the android screen not powering down.

Ray just recently sent me an updated MCU file for my unit. I've only had it updated for a day so we will see what happens. The only problem now is my back up camera pic is all messed up since updating the MCU. Ray is currently working with the engineer in China to figure out.

I'm waiting to get this solved before getting on him for the 7.1 update ?

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca-photo680.jpg
Old 04-12-19, 07:42 PM
lyousufzai
Driver School Candidate

Is there a way to power of the android unit before shutting the car off. I looked through all the settings but don't see it.

Let me know if there is a fix for this from 4x4
Old 04-13-19, 12:10 PM
JWIS350
Driver

Car sat for 24 hrs and barely started this afternoon. The MCU update didn't correct my issue with the android unit drawing power while the car is completely off. Advised Ray. Will follow up on Monday. Pretty disappointing to say the least.
The following users liked this post:
dojoman (09-07-20)

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca