IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-19, 07:53 PM
lyousufzai
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bahrovski
Did you get the same camera problem that he described?
No it works great, but I haven't checked in full screen mode yet. Will try and do it tomorrow.
Old 04-28-19, 12:44 PM
JWIS350
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by lyousufzai
No it works great, but I haven't checked in full screen mode yet. Will try and do it tomorrow.
Yeah as I said normal mode is ok, it's the full screen which is f'd up. Let me know. Thanks.
Old 04-29-19, 12:35 PM
lyousufzai
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JWIS350
Yeah as I said normal mode is ok, it's the full screen which is f'd up. Let me know. Thanks.
Just checked earlier and yes, full screen mode is messed up but regular screen mode is normal
Old 04-29-19, 01:31 PM
MD3
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Just checked earlier and yes, full screen mode is messed up but regular screen mode is normal
Hi All - Okay a few updates:

1) 7.1 Update - Android side is quicker/more responsive so far
2) MCU Update - Car now boots up like it was completely off every time. Installed MCU after 7.1 update can confirm the backup camera (full screen) was working fine after 7.1, now all jacked up in full screen after MCU update, regular mode works fine. The unit not turning completely off seems to only affect those with native navigation (jog controller) which is why Flash5 has never run into this issue.

Any questions let me know.

Last edited by MD3; 04-29-19 at 02:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Flash5 (04-30-19)
Old 04-30-19, 09:59 AM
JWIS350
Driver

Originally Posted by MD3
Hi All - Okay a few updates:

1) 7.1 Update - Android side is quicker/more responsive so far
2) MCU Update - Car now boots up like it was completely off every time. Installed MCU after 7.1 update can confirm the backup camera (full screen) was working fine after 7.1, now all jacked up in full screen after MCU update, regular mode works fine. The unit not turning completely off seems to only affect those with native navigation (jog controller) which is why Flash5 has never run into this issue.

Any questions let me know.
Sweet. Great info! The engineer sent me an updated MCU file last night to correct the backup cam. Not home until this weekend to test but I'll send it off to you to try.
Old 04-30-19, 12:25 PM
luiave
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can anyone post an updated review of this system...?? I am DYING to pull the trigger as I am a techy and just underwhelmed by the large bezel screen currently on my IS.
Old 04-30-19, 02:12 PM
MD3
Pit Crew

Sweet. Great info! The engineer sent me an updated MCU file last night to correct the backup cam. Not home until this weekend to test but I'll send it off to you to try.
In the immortal words of Futurama's Professor "Good News Everyone!". Before and after flashing the latest MCU:
Old 04-30-19, 02:14 PM
MD3
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by luiave
Can anyone post an updated review of this system...?? I am DYING to pull the trigger as I am a techy and just underwhelmed by the large bezel screen currently on my IS.
You mean a review like in the OP?
Old 04-30-19, 02:33 PM
JWIS350
Driver

Originally Posted by MD3
In the immortal words of Futurama's Professor "Good News Everyone!". Before and after flashing the latest MCU:
That looks frickin awesome man!!! Can't wait to update mine.

Could you do me a favour and post your Autokit and dongle/box firmware versions? Actually, *****, I posted a pic of mine a little back in this thread. Duh.

Let me know if you are at the same version as mine.

FYI for others. My vehicle is the 2016 IS350 AWD non f-sport with factory navigation and jog control. As MD3 pointed out it looks like this problem affects folks with navigation/jog control. This MCU file is specific to this model/version of the IS. If you don't have this model IS and are experiencing these same issues I would contact Ray at 4x4shop.

Cheers!
Old 04-30-19, 10:32 PM
MD3
Pit Crew

That looks frickin awesome man!!! Can't wait to update mine.

Could you do me a favour and post your Autokit and dongle/box firmware versions? Actually, *****, I posted a pic of mine a little back in this thread. Duh.

Let me know if you are at the same version as mine.

FYI for others. My vehicle is the 2016 IS350 AWD non f-sport with factory navigation and jog control. As MD3 pointed out it looks like this problem affects folks with navigation/jog control. This MCU file is specific to this model/version of the IS. If you don't have this model IS and are experiencing these same issues I would contact Ray at 4x4shop.

Cheers!
Confirmed we are running the same Carplay versions for both dongle and app and it's working great (I use Carplay several times a day). No i'll effects so far from the latest MCU, all seems good to go.
Old 05-01-19, 05:55 AM
lyousufzai
Driver School Candidate

I'm gonna reach out to ray as my car is a 200t fsport without navigation and has the **** control. The mcu file for navigation/ jog control seemed to work fine for me.
Old 05-01-19, 08:57 AM
luiave
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes please! Like does feirenheight work? Is the time on the system finally accurate? All those little kinks... were they resolved?
Originally Posted by MD3
You mean a review like in the OP?
Old 05-01-19, 09:23 AM
JWIS350
Driver

I'm gonna reach out to ray as my car is a 200t fsport without navigation and has the **** control. The mcu file for navigation/ jog control seemed to work fine for me.
PM sent to you
Old 05-01-19, 10:44 AM
MD3
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by luiave
Yes please! Like does feirenheight work? Is the time on the system finally accurate? All those little kinks... were they resolved?
No and no, minor gripes for me as I use Carplay most the time. Anyone find a way to keep the clock on the right time?

I have contacted Ray to see if we are ever going to get the English unit update.

Last edited by MD3; 05-01-19 at 10:54 AM.
Old 05-02-19, 11:04 AM
tabjohitol
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Does 4x4shop carry this unit anymore? I don't see it on their website.

Quick Reply: 10.25 Inch Display Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Head Unit from 4x4Shop.ca