ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present-249/)
-   -   Looking for an Exhaust - Looking for Suggestions! (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present/888705-looking-for-an-exhaust-looking-for-suggestions.html)

Nicoooo 05-12-18 02:47 PM

Looking for an Exhaust - Looking for Suggestions!

Hello!

Fairly new to the forum and in the car modifications game, so I'm asking for a few suggestions as I start out.

Looking for a Exhaust to give my 2015 IS350 F-Sport a good rumble. I'm not looking for anything ridiculous, the car should still be fairly quiet if i'm driving normally, though I hope to have good rumble if I give it some gas. I looked at the OEM F-Sport exhaust system, but i'm not sure I want to drop ~$1400 for it...

What do you guys suggest for me?

Rudiculous 05-12-18 06:40 PM

I suggest looking through here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-251/

abenjack 05-14-18 05:20 AM

I always start my cars with a muffler delete.
1. its cheaper than any other exhaust.
2. it sounds just as good.\
I've never run into any performance issues when doing this.

There are some clips of my car on my instagrams. @benji_350f

jmull3r 05-14-18 05:54 PM

i would suggest an invidia q300 axleback, it sounds pretty good for what you are looking for

Meraki Autoworks 05-14-18 11:49 PM

Invidia
Tanabe
Ark Performance
Apexi

Many choices.

contact us for pricing or with any questions.

We're here to help! :D

-Josh

Ciggy 05-15-18 05:23 AM

The 100% best option out there for sound is a Lexus F-sport axle-back. Try and find one used. Check ebay. I spent around $700 for my F-sport axle back. I've also paired it with an Apexi mid-pipe and the sound is beautiful.

I was at RR-Racing the other day getting some work done and those guys tune and track IS-F's they have a SuperCharged IS350 RWD and made their own exhaust for it for testing purposes but they expressed how much they loved the sound of my car. The axle back alone is quiet. Adding the mid-pipe stepped it up a notch but the car is still quiet while cruising. Step on the gas and things get loud. I need to get some videos.

JNP1227 05-15-18 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Ciggy (Post 10199442)
The 100% best option out there for sound is a Lexus F-sport axle-back. Try and find one used. Check ebay. I spent around $700 for my F-sport axle back. I've also paired it with an Apexi mid-pipe and the sound is beautiful.

I was at RR-Racing the other day getting some work done and those guys tune and track IS-F's they have a SuperCharged IS350 RWD and made their own exhaust for it for testing purposes but they expressed how much they loved the sound of my car. The axle back alone is quiet. Adding the mid-pipe stepped it up a notch but the car is still quiet while cruising. Step on the gas and things get loud. I need to get some videos.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but please post some videos of your set up, would love to hear it. I told my self the F Sport axle-back will be the only exhaust mod I will do and here I am again looking to add a bit more to it :D

faisal11ir 05-16-18 04:52 AM

I suggest Fsport exhaust with Apexi resonated mid-pipe super fun setup, i'll look for a video i think i recorded once.

itsx 05-16-18 11:02 AM

Here's a cold start video.
Tsudo midpipe with extra resonators, and a muffler delete.

and some cabin noise footage.

I dont have any exterior sound clips, but my friends tell me it sounds good. Havent really had anybody tell me it sounds ricy yet

abenjack 05-16-18 11:06 AM

Do you have a 6 speed or 8 speed

Nicoooo 05-16-18 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Ciggy (Post 10199442)

After looking into it more, this might be my best choice. Looking for a used one but so far no luck...

Would love to see your setup and some videos on your exhaust.

itsx 05-16-18 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by abenjack (Post 10200655)
Do you have a 6 speed or 8 speed

I have the 8 speed rwd.

abenjack 05-16-18 12:13 PM

And still drone. Hmm.

itsx 05-16-18 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by abenjack (Post 10200718)
And still drone. Hmm.

I've come to live with it lol.
I did think about the helmholtz resonator which was mentioned in the forums before, but I just didn't want to commit due to personal laziness and being content lol.

I think the moment you go aftermarket exhaust, you're going to experience drone/more cabin noise.

abenjack 05-16-18 12:27 PM

True. I have a little but it doesn't bother me