Suspension noise?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-17, 10:01 PM
robert2423
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Suspension noise?

hey guys i have a 2015 IS350 Fsport.
Does any one else have issues where in a parking lot or on rough roads at lower speeds, the front end shocks or something makes a lot of creaking noises and rattle noises, but its not noticeable at higher speeds. . Has any one else experienced this? will it be covered under the warranty to fix it? seemed to have started doing this withing the last few thousand miles im currently at 20k.
Old 12-02-17, 03:31 AM
Dizordered
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by robert2423
hey guys i have a 2015 IS350 Fsport.
Does any one else have issues where in a parking lot or on rough roads at lower speeds, the front end shocks or something makes a lot of creaking noises and rattle noises, but its not noticeable at higher speeds. . Has any one else experienced this? will it be covered under the warranty to fix it? seemed to have started doing this withing the last few thousand miles im currently at 20k.
OMG yes! Same car same year, I’m hearing the same thing. I’m suspecting the sway bar links to be dry? The sound happens when I turn the steering wheel or go over a speed bump at low speed. I’m at 35k (kilometers though!).

I’ll be changing to my winter tires today and will inspect quickly when wheels are removed. Maybe there’s a way to grease it?

Last edited by Dizordered; 12-02-17 at 05:02 AM.
Old 12-02-17, 07:21 AM
Lveyolfe
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a 2014 and I have the same issue, sounds like a wooden floor board creaking. I’m on bags so I thought it was the bags adjusting itself but I guess not
Old 12-02-17, 08:43 AM
robert2423
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Lveyolfe
I have a 2014 and I have the same issue, sounds like a wooden floor board creaking. I’m on bags so I thought it was the bags adjusting itself but I guess not
yeah definitely not your bags and yes thats the sound exactly. I usually have my 20s on which im sure the dealership would have said is the issue, But i will probably take it in now that i have the stock rims on for winter.
Old 12-02-17, 09:54 AM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2014 IS 350 F Sport with only 10,000 miles and have the same noises you have.
Old 12-28-17, 09:20 AM
vdL
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am hearing exactly the same noise as you describe. Going to take my car to Lexus and hopefully, I can get this sorted out. Will be keeping a keen eye on this thread.
Old 12-28-17, 02:51 PM
robert2423
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vdL
I am hearing exactly the same noise as you describe. Going to take my car to Lexus and hopefully, I can get this sorted out. Will be keeping a keen eye on this thread.
yeah, i took it in and they lubed it all up for me. But im still having the noise, apparently the tech couldn't replicate the sound all they have to do is drive in their parking lot. I will be taking the car back to see whats going, and maybe go on a drive with the tech.
Old 12-29-17, 09:19 PM
jay90011
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by robert2423
yeah, i took it in and they lubed it all up for me. But im still having the noise, apparently the tech couldn't replicate the sound all they have to do is drive in their parking lot. I will be taking the car back to see whats going, and maybe go on a drive with the tech.
I had the same noise with the creaking noise coming from the front passenger side. Dealer replaced the upper strut mount which solved my issue.
Old 12-30-17, 04:30 PM
HDerek
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dizordered
OMG yes! Same car same year, I’m hearing the same thing. I’m suspecting the sway bar links to be dry? The sound happens when I turn the steering wheel or go over a speed bump at low speed. I’m at 35k (kilometers though!).

I’ll be changing to my winter tires today and will inspect quickly when wheels are removed. Maybe there’s a way to grease it?
Originally Posted by jay90011
I had the same noise with the creaking noise coming from the front passenger side. Dealer replaced the upper strut mount which solved my issue.
I have the same noise but when I leaned on the hood of my vehicle it made the creaking noise and figured that's what it was
Old 12-30-17, 08:24 PM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HDerek
I have the same noise but when I leaned on the hood of my vehicle it made the creaking noise and figured that's what it was
Yes, same here. I put some silicone on the rubber pads that contact the hood. I do think it helped a little.
Old 01-02-18, 09:01 AM
SwiftIS
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Most likely, it’s not your suspension.

I had similar noises and I too thought it was the suspension. With low miles on the car I thought it was something that could be fixed under warranty. I go to the dealer and when it was all said and done, it was the hood bumpers that needed adjustment. That’s it. Lol. So check your hoods and make sure the bumpers are pushed up a bit more(by twisting) and making good contact against the hood. I was told that it’s very common on the 3rd gen IS.
The following 5 users liked this post by SwiftIS:
cc2001 (06-15-20), Jbreezie (10-13-19), LexusLgend (07-16-20), pintosa51 (02-04-24), vdL (01-04-18)
Old 01-04-18, 11:21 PM
vdL
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SwiftIS
Most likely, it’s not your suspension.

I had similar noises and I too thought it was the suspension. With low miles on the car I thought it was something that could be fixed under warranty. I go to the dealer and when it was all said and done, it was the hood bumpers that needed adjustment. That’s it. Lol. So check your hoods and make sure the bumpers are pushed up a bit more(by twisting) and making good contact against the hood. I was told that it’s very common on the 3rd gen IS.
Thanks for the tip. I managed to silence the noise. Turned out to be the hood bumpers as well. Turned them out quite a bit and the noise is gone!
Old 01-05-18, 12:24 AM
SwiftIS
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vdL
Thanks for the tip. I managed to silence the noise. Turned out to be the hood bumpers as well. Turned them out quite a bit and the noise is gone!
Weird noise huh. I would of never guessed it was the hood. Sounds a lot like spring/strut noises.
Old 01-05-18, 01:27 AM
vdL
Driver School Candidate

Weird noise huh. I would of never guessed it was the hood. Sounds a lot like spring/strut noises.
Yes, a guy at my local suspension place was convinced it is not a mechanical problem. He thought it was engine cover or something. I was a little worried that a car with 30k on the clock could already have trouble.
Old 01-05-18, 07:31 AM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Same here, mine sounds a lot like shocks, but after hearing this, it kind of sound like the hood bumper rubber.

Quick Reply: Suspension noise?