IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2015 Lexus IS 250 f sport TPMS

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-17, 07:46 AM
Kenne
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Lexus IS 250 f sport TPMS

I recently got new set of rims and tires for winter here in Canada. There's no problem on the dashboard about my missing TPMS but I just don't see the tire pressures for my new tires same time I'd like to have tpms for my winter tires. Now a friend of mine said the car should be able to learn 2 sets of tpms sensor one for summer and other winter. I asked the dealership and they said I'd have to get them reprogram each time I switch mean while Jspec said my car can learn two sets of tpms. So if I were to swap them back to summer tires after I get the winters programmed will it be able to relearn itself after a few miles of running ? (Friend said his mustang relearns the tpms). Tried searching for this specific topic on the is 250 2015 didn't seem to find it sorry if his topic was cleared out before. Cheers for the help guys.
Old 11-29-17, 10:25 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,482 Likes on 1,236 Posts

My 2013 can toggle them on the dash just left of the wheel. Its a rocker switch with an on/off button. Owners manual calls it a satellite switch...
If the sensors are registered with TPMS ecu, toggle too the winter set. Altho I think they must have already but....
Old 11-29-17, 12:48 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

3rd GEN IS can only store one set of TPMS.

2nd GEN IS was able to store to sets of TMPS, a winter and summer set.

you will have to change TMPS code programming every time you swap wheels with different set of TPMS
Old 11-29-17, 01:09 PM
Kenne
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by specONE
3rd GEN IS can only store one set of TPMS.

2nd GEN IS was able to store to sets of TMPS, a winter and summer set.

you will have to change TMPS code programming every time you swap wheels with different set of TPMS
thanks for the info! If I don't attach a tpms sensor to my winters will the dash give me an error eventually? Cause at the moment it's just showing blank for the tire pressures.
Old 11-29-17, 01:45 PM
specONE
Racer

Originally Posted by Kenne
thanks for the info! If I don't attach a tpms sensor to my winters will the dash give me an error eventually? Cause at the moment it's just showing blank for the tire pressures.
If your "Summer" wheels with the TMPS programmed are nearby in the garage you won't show error right away.
It'll show error after about 45min to an hour drive after the car is far away from the TMPS set of wheels.
If your drive is short every time, you may never see the error because it will "see" the TMPS of the wheels near the car the next time you are in the garage again.
Old 11-29-17, 02:11 PM
Kenne
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by specONE
If your "Summer" wheels with the TMPS programmed are nearby in the garage you won't show error right away.
It'll show error after about 45min to an hour drive after the car is far away from the TMPS set of wheels.
If your drive is short every time, you may never see the error because it will "see" the TMPS of the wheels near the car the next time you are in the garage again.
My summer tires are in the garage 2-3 feet away from my car which I park outside. But other than that I go to work which is 17km away and I'm here about 8 hrs. I still haven't seen the indicator come up. I'm reading about this tool Ateq quickset tpms reset tool. Which holds summer and winter tpms codes in itself would this be a possible solution when I switch from winter to summer ?
Old 11-29-17, 02:50 PM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

My summer tires are in the garage 2-3 feet away from my car which I park outside. But other than that I go to work which is 17km away and I'm here about 8 hrs. I still haven't seen the indicator come up. I'm reading about this tool Ateq quickset tpms reset tool. Which holds summer and winter tpms codes in itself would this be a possible solution when I switch from winter to summer ?
The Ateq quickset tool is what we use and it works well. I think there was a thread about sensors that you can clone to your OEM sensors so you could avoid having to reprogram them each time. I didn't look into it since I already had what I have. Might be worth some research, though.
Old 11-29-17, 02:57 PM
Kenne
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by doodlebug
The Ateq quickset tool is what we use and it works well. I think there was a thread about sensors that you can clone to your OEM sensors so you could avoid having to reprogram them each time. I didn't look into it since I already had what I have. Might be worth some research, though.
i didn't know that. Wow that would be a lot easier! Thanks Ill do some research.
Old 11-29-17, 02:59 PM
Kenne
Driver School Candidate

Quick note my summer tires are staggered 18s and winters are 17s squared that wouldn't be a problem if I clone the sensor right ?
Old 11-29-17, 03:37 PM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

Quick note my summer tires are staggered 18s and winters are 17s squared that wouldn't be a problem if I clone the sensor right ?
I don't think staggered vs. squared would matter for sensors.
Old 11-29-17, 03:52 PM
Kenne
Driver School Candidate

I just read the DENSO 5500105 tpms sensor from rockauto saying it doesn't need to be programmed or cloned before installation they're built to the specified vehicle right out of the box. Saying their sensors relearn just like an OE part. Is this true ?
Old 11-29-17, 05:44 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,482 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Another option is fleabay an obdii mini vci and techstream and connect and enter tpms data... You just need the sensor ID to enter it into Techstream.

Cost was about $30 shipped.

Here I was just looking...
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Lexus IS 250 f sport TPMS-techstream_tps.jpg  
Old 11-29-17, 10:00 PM
specONE
Racer

Originally Posted by 2013FSport
Another option is fleabay an obdii mini vci and techstream and connect and enter tpms data... You just need the sensor ID to enter it into Techstream.

Cost was about $30 shipped.

Here I was just looking...
Those dont work.
I've bought multiple of these "cheap" cables.
You punch in the new TPMS codes and hit the save button and nothing happens.

These cables are missing logic chips or something to go into deep programming settings such as ECU and TMPS stuff.

These replica Cables is only good for reading outputs and changing Personalized settings only really.
Old 11-30-17, 11:48 AM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

The Carista app with a bluetooth OBD adapter also works to program the sensors. I believe if you join the Beta program, TPMS programming is free.