IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Why Bother....

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-17, 09:00 PM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Angry Why Bother....

So today I go to the Home Depot park in my usually spot miles from any and all Morons ...Any way my nice clean black car that I spend all my waking hrs on cleaning and staring at now has 2 nice deep scars running along the front passenger side bumper and it’s even pulled away from the body a wee bit for that xtra F-U ...Long story short this person literally had to go out of their way to hit my car then just leave and be on their merry way....Oh security cam right on the pole in front of car guess what it hasn’t worked in Months the manager said lmfao...
Old 10-09-17, 09:20 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

damn that really sucks. i park far away too, but not too far away where i would attention now. just far away enough
Old 10-09-17, 09:27 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Damn, that sucks. Someone really went out of their way to park next to you.. far far away.

Like Tea mentioned, I usually park far, but not too far to draw attention. Also, I try to park next to nice or nicer cars; hoping these ppl appreciate/respect cars like we do. Lmao.

Pics of damage?
Old 10-09-17, 10:12 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

It sucks to read stuff like this

People like this should get fined!!

Originally Posted by nathantse
Damn, that sucks. Someone really went out of their way to park next to you.. far far away.

Like Tea mentioned, I usually park far, but not too far to draw attention. Also, I try to park next to nice or nicer cars; hoping these ppl appreciate/respect cars like we do. Lmao.

Pics of damage?
I do the same, now a days that's the trend. All the nice cars in the back and the beaters up front.
Old 10-09-17, 11:29 PM
Jay89
Pole Position

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

It’s sucks to hear this happen. I used to park far away but now I just find a nice car to park beside. If it looks like a lot of money has been put into it, I’m happy. Or just something really expensive. Not an suv, or grocery getter car. I also try to park at the ends where there’s curbs. So that only one side of my car is at risk.

Regardless of what any of us do though, someday, somewhere, someone will ding our cars, or scratch it, or hit and run. The problem I believe is that too many people think of cars as just a mode of transportation. And even more people just don’t respect other people’s things. Too many people who think they can do whatever they want because they can without consequences. I’m positive this is an issue all over the world, not just here in Canada and USA
Old 10-09-17, 11:43 PM
CriMe
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Which home depot was this?
Old 10-10-17, 01:25 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay89
I’m positive this is an issue all over the world, not just here in Canada and USA
I am sure it does! Actually in China, probably a place not advisable to drive nice cars around.

Manually jump to 5:13 of the video. For some reason the YouTube (even I put the time frame), starts from beginning.

Last edited by Sango; 10-10-17 at 01:28 AM.
Old 10-10-17, 05:12 AM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CriMe
Which home depot was this?

In forest hills I was the yellow smudge nobody was anywhere close to me someone just tried to pull next to my car hit the bumper and then just left camera is on pole to the right...
Attached Thumbnails Why Bother....-f4e9ab37-280e-4e2b-a55c-69b4ff4e13e1.jpeg  
Old 10-10-17, 05:26 AM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

I really hate to see this. I usually park a couple of spots farther than the cart return area, near a (hopefully working) camera, if possible.
I've noticed people just drive through parking lots instead of using the actual lanes to get to the next row. They will squeeze in between two parked cars if necessary.

People suck.
The following users liked this post:
ttsport15 (10-10-17)
Old 10-10-17, 05:55 AM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sango
I am sure it does! Actually in China, probably a place not advisable to drive nice cars around.

Manually jump to 5:13 of the video. For some reason the YouTube (even I put the time frame), starts from beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQK13IAJi54&t=313
Horrifiing...This will beNYC in another 5-10 yrs
Old 10-10-17, 06:09 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

so are you going to go through insurance to have it fixed, or are you going to pay out of pocket?
Old 10-10-17, 07:03 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

also, is your car modified or is it stock?
Old 10-10-17, 07:39 AM
otakusan
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Oh man, so sorry to hear about your damage. I can't even explain how angry I am with this kind of "not give a XYZ" attitude with people. I had something similar happened to me a little while ago.

I was parked beside an island and as close to the island as possible, than this A-hole comes along... I stood there waited for him to return and stared at him with my phone camera on video record the whole time as he carefully climbs back into his car trying not to look at me. lucky i had no damage thou
Old 10-10-17, 07:41 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by otakusan
Oh man, so sorry to hear about your damage. I can't even explain how angry I am with this kind of "not give a XYZ" attitude with people. I had something similar happened to me a little while ago.

I was parked beside an island and as close to the island as possible, than this A-hole comes along... I stood there waited for him to return and stared at him with my phone camera on video record the whole time as he carefully climbs back into his car trying not to look at me. lucky i had no damage thou
so did you file a report or what did you do given that you had the license plate number of the guy?
Old 10-10-17, 07:43 AM
otakusan
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by davyjordi
so did you file a report or what did you do given that you had the license plate number of the guy?
lucky i had no damage, so nothing needed to be done.. i had a video of him trying to get back in his car the whole time so if he did cause any damage, I would have to go after him. BUT the laws here states that if anything under $2000 damage, the police will not even look at you...

Quick Reply: Why Bother....