AVS on the 350 after Suspension Mod

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-17, 12:09 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts
Default AVS on the 350 after Suspension Mod

Hey guys,

For those who had their IS350's suspension modded. (spring/shock, coils, bags), did it throw a light on the dash for having the AVS disabled?

I'm getting FSPORT springs/shocks installed right now, my Tech friend says it might throw off a light cause the AVS is connected to the stock shocks.

(I know changing out the stock shocks will disable AVS, but having the FSPORT springs/shock combo should make the car feel like having AVS all the time, right?)
Old 09-16-17, 12:51 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Originally Posted by nathantse
Hey guys,

For those who had their IS350's suspension modded. (spring/shock, coils, bags), did it throw a light on the dash for having the AVS disabled?

I'm getting FSPORT springs/shocks installed right now, my Tech friend says it might throw off a light cause the AVS is connected to the stock shocks.

(I know changing out the stock shocks will disable AVS, but having the FSPORT springs/shock combo should make the car feel like having AVS all the time, right?)
The answer to each line...
1. No
2. It will not
3. I should hope so, if not better.
Old 09-16-17, 01:13 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
The answer to each line...
1. No
2. It will not
3. I should hope so, if not better.
Cool thanks, wil review it when it's done.

And about the connectors.. my Tech friend said he was able to mount em on the fsport shocks, it's just that avs won't work. At least it doesn't flop around when I'm driving.
Old 09-16-17, 01:15 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Even better, now you don't have to worry about leaving the connectors open or misplacing the actuators.
Old 09-16-17, 02:04 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Even better, now you don't have to worry about leaving the connectors open or misplacing the actuators.
Hmm.. turns out, he could only mount the connectors on the fronts, not the rears. He said he might just mount/tape it someone along there.

Any suggestions?
Old 09-16-17, 02:37 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Hmm.. turns out, he could only mount the connectors on the fronts, not the rears. He said he might just mount/tape it someone along there.

Any suggestions?
The rears are not a big deal as they are inside the car. He can plug the actuator into the connector and just tie strap it to something nearby that doesn't move and where the actuator won't be in the way of anything.
I'm not sure what the area around it looks like exactly, but I'm sure he can find something to secure it to.
Old 09-16-17, 02:46 PM
Drawblood
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey guys,

Let's see some photos! And what Part Number are the shocks? I might be doing the same upgrade.
Old 09-16-17, 03:13 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

The rears are not a big deal as they are inside the car. He can plug the actuator into the connector and just tie strap it to something nearby that doesn't move and where the actuator won't be in the way of anything.
I'm not sure what the area around it looks like exactly, but I'm sure he can find something to secure it to.
Thats the plan, gonna try to tie/tuck it somewhere for the rear.

Originally Posted by Drawblood
Let's see some photos! And what Part Number are the shocks? I might be doing the same upgrade.
Still working on the installation, also putting in a CF Flat bottom steering wheel.

Check my thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...-lowering.html

It pretty pricey (I got it for decent discount cause I work at Lexus) for just a subtle drop (~1in all around). Guess I'm a sucker for Fsport stuff, plus I like to keep it as OEM as possible.
Old 09-17-17, 04:07 PM
Intermediate

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

I am on coilovers, the actuators are off the car and the connectors are zip tied to adjacent harnesses, no code.

Do you have the instructions for your F sport suspension and what do they list to be done to the actuators? I was under the impression they were AVS compatible. Sort of disappointing since they are a OEM Lexus Accessory, it would be nice to have kept that.
Old 09-17-17, 05:43 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 387
I am on coilovers, the actuators are off the car and the connectors are zip tied to adjacent harnesses, no code.

Do you have the instructions for your F sport suspension and what do they list to be done to the actuators? I was under the impression they were AVS compatible. Sort of disappointing since they are a OEM Lexus Accessory, it would be nice to have kept that.
Unfortunately, the FSPORT shocks were not compatible. My Tech was able to mount the actuator on the FSPORT shocks, and insulated/tie the connectors to prevent it from moving.

But, no code was thrown. The car rides a bit stiffer and a little harsher. Less body roll, and I have more confidence in throwing the car into corners.
Old 09-18-17, 05:17 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

I've got the actuators in my basement. And the tech who installed my coilovers put the black caps back on the front suspension. However I'll be removing soon to install a strut tower brace. I'm just going to tape the plugs nicely and tuck them somewhere.