IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Question regarding f sport instrument cluster

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-17, 10:23 PM
kadify
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Question regarding f sport instrument cluster

Hi all. I'm looking at getting into a used lexus but I've been playing with the idea of buying in Canada. The options packaging in Canada seems better than the us packaging. I'm wondering though, can you change the mph to kmh and vice versa on the digital display? And does this effect the navigation and odometer if you make this switch? I.e. Does the navigation give directions in kmh if you switch to kmh on the instrument panel and does the odometer change to km driven versus miles driven? Thanks all for the help!
Old 07-17-17, 11:31 PM
Lveyolfe
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I feel like I've seen it while messing around on mine, but in a $40k+ car, I'd assume for sure you can switch back & forth
Old 07-17-17, 11:55 PM
LeJohnWood
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man, I'm from Canada, I have a 2017 Lexus IS350 and Im pretty sure you can change it... If you don't find it, I'll check on my car tomorrow morning!
Old 07-18-17, 12:49 AM
trinhtd
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I just bought a used 14' from texas and mine could change from MPH to KMH
The following users liked this post:
kadify (07-18-17)
Old 07-18-17, 12:51 AM
twixx007
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kadify
Hi all. I'm looking at getting into a used lexus but I've been playing with the idea of buying in Canada. The options packaging in Canada seems better than the us packaging. I'm wondering though, can you change the mph to kmh and vice versa on the digital display? And does this effect the navigation and odometer if you make this switch? I.e. Does the navigation give directions in kmh if you switch to kmh on the instrument panel and does the odometer change to km driven versus miles driven? Thanks all for the help!
I live in Germany where everything is in KM. So when I brought my car from the US to Europe I changed my instrument cluster readings to KMH which is very easy to do and you can switch it back to MPH if need be. If you want your NAV to read KM then this is a setting you will have to change within the NAV itself. Just because you set the instrument panel to KM it won't reflect in the NAV. It's a separate setting for both NAV and instrument cluster. Hope this helps.
kadify (07-18-17)
Old 07-18-17, 09:00 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

In Canada, the options is different and you may not get what you want because Lexus Canada does not do special orders They did custom orders at point in time but they stopped doing it because of amount of custom ordered received, besides the price. Also, the package options are fixed because it has to be presented to the Canadian government in advance before they get distributed.

As per the better package options, I would say yes that was more true for 2nd gen but not for 3rd generation. Also, with the absence of IS 350 RWD as it is no longer sold in Canada.

Yes, the cluster can change between km/h and mph as I have tested both Canadian and US cars. The only catch is which I still do not understand is why have neither Toyota or Lexus have made the temperature units configurable between Celsius and Fahrenheit? With that said, keep this in mind that the car will be in Celsius (I like metric system!!).
kadify (07-18-17)
Old 07-18-17, 12:11 PM
kadify
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sango
In Canada, the options is different and you may not get what you want because Lexus Canada does not do special orders They did custom orders at point in time but they stopped doing it because of amount of custom ordered received, besides the price. Also, the package options are fixed because it has to be presented to the Canadian government in advance before they get distributed.

As per the better package options, I would say yes that was more true for 2nd gen but not for 3rd generation. Also, with the absence of IS 350 RWD as it is no longer sold in Canada.

Yes, the cluster can change between km/h and mph as I have tested both Canadian and US cars. The only catch is which I still do not understand is why have neither Toyota or Lexus have made the temperature units configurable between Celsius and Fahrenheit? With that said, keep this in mind that the car will be in Celsius (I like metric system!!).

I'll be honest I'm moreso looking at RC350s and the packages for that car in canada are way better than US packages, things like adaptive high beams, rain sensing wipers are options whereas those aren't even options on US cars. That's strange that the temperature can't be switched though that isn't such a big deal for me. I don't change the temperature that often so I wouldn't mind reading it in Celsius. I was mostly worried about having to drive around in Kmh and worrying I was speeding.
Old 07-18-17, 01:08 PM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

I know that you can change it from KMH to MPH but what about changing the Mileage from mi to km ? Can we do it ?

Because I'm looking to buy F sport cluster from the US and I live in Saudi Arabia where we use KM for mileage.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks
Old 07-18-17, 01:19 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Lexus seems to be super **** about temps, and the units cannot be changed. Wonder if techstream,
etc can change it? The LC has F/C setting, but that only changes the weather app setting, not the AC or outside temp settings, go figure.
kadify (07-18-17)
Old 07-18-17, 05:17 PM
MadmanJay
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 2017 IS 300 and I am pretty sure you can flip it from KM to Miles.

Another thing to consider.... The Canadian version of the Media head unit does not support Enform features nor does it have traffic for the GPS. Not sure if this is a software or hardware limitation on the car. I haven't driven mine in the US yet to see if the GPS traffic gets picked up via HD radio signals. I suspect it will not as the traffic option is not even in the menus like the US version has. I personally find this very annoying given that HD radio is now available in Canada (greater Toronto area). I hope that Lexus will provide a software update to enable this soon. It would be handy for my drive to work and would avoid me having to get the phone out and use google maps or waze.

Another really stupid thing I noticed when looking at YouTube reviews. The US version has a digital clock on the instrument panel on the lower left hand side and the Canadian version does not have this option. This I find very odd why Lexus would remove that.
Old 07-18-17, 06:28 PM
kadify
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Lexus seems to be super **** about temps, and the units cannot be changed. Wonder if techstream,
etc can change it? The LC has F/C setting, but that only changes the weather app setting, not the AC or outside temp settings, go figure.
IDK who tech stream is but I would imagine it's just a coding thing. I can't imagine they have separate temperature control units for both Celsius and Fahrenheit. I wonder if a dealer could change this?

Originally Posted by MadmanJay
I have a 2017 IS 300 and I am pretty sure you can flip it from KM to Miles.

Another thing to consider.... The Canadian version of the Media head unit does not support Enform features nor does it have traffic for the GPS. Not sure if this is a software or hardware limitation on the car. I haven't driven mine in the US yet to see if the GPS traffic gets picked up via HD radio signals. I suspect it will not as the traffic option is not even in the menus like the US version has. I personally find this very annoying given that HD radio is now available in Canada (greater Toronto area). I hope that Lexus will provide a software update to enable this soon. It would be handy for my drive to work and would avoid me having to get the phone out and use google maps or waze.

Another really stupid thing I noticed when looking at YouTube reviews. The US version has a digital clock on the instrument panel on the lower left hand side and the Canadian version does not have this option. This I find very odd why Lexus would remove that.
How peculiar that they wouldn't offer those features in Canada:O I'd imagine most of those features are software related things, however since Lexus encrypts things so much they probably wouldn't be easily added after the fact.

Last edited by kadify; 07-18-17 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-18-17, 07:47 PM
rL-gT
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 61 Posts

All units of measurement are changeable on the Canadian Spec F Sports, The user has full control over these settings.
Old 07-18-17, 08:00 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by rL-gT
All units of measurement are changeable on the Canadian Spec F Sports, The user has full control over these settings.
except temp as others have said. i.e. You cannot change AC to read F in Canada
Old 07-19-17, 06:14 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by kadify
I'll be honest I'm moreso looking at RC350s and the packages for that car in canada are way better than US packages, things like adaptive high beams, rain sensing wipers are options whereas those aren't even options on US cars. That's strange that the temperature can't be switched though that isn't such a big deal for me. I don't change the temperature that often so I wouldn't mind reading it in Celsius. I was mostly worried about having to drive around in Kmh and worrying I was speeding.
those features are available in the US with the luxury package.
Old 07-19-17, 09:56 AM
goldengame
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I imported my Canadian IS350 F-Sport to the US. Like everyone else has said, you can change everything except the temperature unit.
Rashidlove (03-16-20)

Quick Reply: Question regarding f sport instrument cluster