IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Question regarding f sport instrument cluster

Old 07-19-17, 10:38 AM
kadify
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davyjordi
those features are available in the US with the luxury package.
Yes I know but you can't get the F sport package with the luxury package.
Old 07-20-17, 02:15 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kadify
I'll be honest I'm moreso looking at RC350s and the packages for that car in canada are way better than US packages, things like adaptive high beams, rain sensing wipers are options whereas those aren't even options on US cars. That's strange that the temperature can't be switched though that isn't such a big deal for me. I don't change the temperature that often so I wouldn't mind reading it in Celsius. I was mostly worried about having to drive around in Kmh and worrying I was speeding.
In that case, that would be a different story since I am not familiar with the RC packages as I was focusing on IS.

IDK who tech stream is but I would imagine it's just a coding thing. I can't imagine they have separate temperature control units for both Celsius and Fahrenheit. I wonder if a dealer could change this?

How peculiar that they wouldn't offer those features in Canada:O I'd imagine most of those features are software related things, however since Lexus encrypts things so much they probably wouldn't be easily added after the fact.
It is not part of techstream. It is actually determined by the A/C ECU if I recall. If one really wanted to to do this, the part would need to be purchased from the country where the unit is used and purchase it. It would not be cost effective in this case. @Jeff Lange (moderator) cam chime in.

Another fun fact. SI is based on the metric system; so one has to wonder!

In that case, a special order would be the option could be the only way to get it like this.

Originally Posted by MadmanJay
Another really stupid thing I noticed when looking at YouTube reviews. The US version has a digital clock on the instrument panel on the lower left hand side and the Canadian version does not have this option. This I find very odd why Lexus would remove that.
I never realized the clock was missing. I better look at the cars again physically. One thing for sure is the Canadian cars do not have the maintenance reminder which US does and DRL cannot be turned off as per Canadian regulations.

Last edited by Sango; 07-20-17 at 08:32 AM.
Old 07-20-17, 04:28 AM
manchild
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mesh704
I know that you can change it from KMH to MPH but what about changing the Mileage from mi to km ? Can we do it ?

Because I'm looking to buy F sport cluster from the US and I live in Saudi Arabia where we use KM for mileage.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks
100% yes you can. You just have to hit left 3 times on the steering wheel and click enter.
Old 07-20-17, 05:49 AM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by manchild
100% yes you can. You just have to hit left 3 times on the steering wheel and click enter.
What about the temperature ? If I buy it from US does it have to be in Fahrenheit ? I prefer it in Celsius.
Old 07-20-17, 07:12 AM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

That's for changing the speed not the Mileage.
Old 07-20-17, 07:56 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

I'm aware, although you should have mentioned that in your post to avoid confusion.
Old 07-20-17, 08:35 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AMNss
What about the temperature ? If I buy it from US does it have to be in Fahrenheit ? I prefer it in Celsius.
The temperature unit is determined by the A/C ECU. If you purchase a US Car, it it will be the US version of the part which will be in Fahrenheit. Unless you are willing to spend the money to replace it with the Canadian part, it will not be cost effective and could have warranty implications.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sango:
AMNss (07-21-17), kadify (07-20-17)
Old 07-20-17, 09:30 AM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sango
The temperature unit is determined by the A/C ECU. If you purchase a US Car, it it will be the US version of the part which will be in Fahrenheit. Unless you are willing to spend the money to replace it with the Canadian part, it will not be cost effective and could have warranty implications.
Thanks for clearing that up. This is good so if my car display Celsius it will still display the same unit after changing the cluster.
Old 07-20-17, 10:52 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Yes, the cluster would display the in the same units what the A/C ECU has. You could just purchase the Canadian version of this cluster just in case.

Hoping to get @Jeff Lange to chime in for further clarification since it has been a while since I asked this.

Last edited by Sango; 07-20-17 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-20-17, 11:16 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Sango
Yes, the cluster would display the in the same units what the A/C ECU has. You could just purchase the Canadian version of this cluster just in case.

Hoping to get @Jeff Lange to chime in for further clarification since it has been a while since I asked this.
find him in the 2IS sub-forum. he's often there.
Old 07-20-17, 02:01 PM
kadify
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davyjordi
I'm aware, although you should have mentioned that in your post to avoid confusion.
The title specifically mentions the F sport instrument cluster

So I'm confused, you can change the digital speed unit from Kmh to Mph it seems but can you change the whole system to show the odometer in miles vs kmh?
Old 07-20-17, 02:16 PM
Sango
Pole Position

The title specifically mentions the F sport instrument cluster

So I'm confused, you can change the digital speed unit from Kmh to Mph it seems but can you change the whole system to show the odometer in miles vs kmh?
When you change the speed unit, the odometer will change along with it. You can also change separately, the fuel reading too (just listing a few I remember correctly off my head), km/l, L/100km, US MPG, Imperial MPG.
Old 07-20-17, 02:46 PM
LaZeR
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

... I'm wondering though, can you change the mph to kmh and vice versa on the digital display? And does this effect the navigation and odometer if you make this switch? I.e. Does the navigation give directions in kmh if you switch to kmh on the instrument panel and does the odometer change to km driven versus miles driven? Thanks all for the help!
Hey @ kadify - I can confirm with 100% assurance that the odometer shows BOTH MPH and KMH and there's a button on the steering wheel that seamlessly allows you to switch between them. How do I know this? I got kinda surprised HOW & WHEN BOTH popped up on the odometer, not certain how I activated this, and NOW don't know how to turn it off! And then, I came across your post!!

I cannot however speak to the Navigation ~ haven't checked that yet ~ and if navigation also seamlessly switches from mph to kmh, and vice versa. THANKS!!
Old 12-28-17, 06:40 PM
lexuscanuk
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

how did you guys changed from Miles to Kilometers for the Odometer? (not speed but total car distance). I just did the cluster swap in my Canadian car (bought usa cluster) but when I changed the speed to km/h, the odometer stayed in miles. I hope it can be done as these posts say it can. Thanks!