ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present-249/)
-   -   Can't do a burnout for some reason? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present/860432-cant-do-a-burnout-for-some-reason.html)

Lexus3GIST 06-24-17 04:13 PM

Can't do a burnout for some reason?

Tried doing a burnout with traction control disabled (orange lights on dash) in sport mode.

the tires spin for about two seconds then the engine cuts power and says the gas/break are pressed simultaneously..

is there any way around this? Thanks ahead guys.
2017 Lexus IS200T F-Sport.

Lexus3GIST 06-24-17 04:22 PM

"Toyota calls its system “smart stop technology.” There is no difference in how it works if the vehicle is equipped with push button start. The short version of how it works is this: If the accelerator is depressed beyond a certain low-power point and the brake is then depressed, the engine will return to idle speed as long as the brake is depressed."

Lol looks like I found my answer? Anyone know how to remove this?

friday9x 06-24-17 06:07 PM

Throw some water down and floor it

jkonquer 06-24-17 08:53 PM

I think you can remove the traction fuse to completely disable it. Even so you have an open diff, so only 1 wheel is burning.

premier3IS 06-24-17 11:55 PM

...why would you want to be doing this anyways?.........

Lexus3GIST 06-25-17 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by premier3IS (Post 9906163)

Because I want to do burnouts?

Mrg02d 06-25-17 04:18 AM

Your problem is you've got an is200. :-)

NotLucas 06-25-17 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mrg02d (Post 9906207)

I don't understand what you mean?

Okay so what I've noticed about our system is that you literally need to floor the gas and monitor the brakes. You're not suppose to feed the gas, just straight floor it. You'll see once you're actually spinning the wheels, THEN you'll be able to adjust the throttle accordingly without the system shutting off on you. It takes practice, and I'm still learning the system which seems a bit unpredictable as to when it feels like shutting off.

Have fun with your burnouts, but remember this car is not designed to be another sports car to take these types of beatings. Do this in moderation from time to time, that way you don't end up back at back to the dealer for a repair in the transmission or something.

P.S. I couldn't believe my phone fell mid-recording. That was actually a pretty heavy burnout and I was so disappointed walking back to the camera lol
P.P.S. Not gonna lie burnouts are extremely addicted. But take my advice and try to prolong the life of our car's [even if it's a lease])

link13 06-25-17 09:45 AM

Guys when I was in high school used to pour down bleach in the Miniature Golf parking lot and do smokey burnouts. They had a Barracuda. Hope this helps!

Smack206 01-12-19 08:58 AM

Maybe use Maintenance mode? I would look up if there is any potential damage from running in it in the IS it should let you do good burnouts.
(Lexus Maintenance mode in most vehicles)
Turn on car ignition to 2nd click (on but engine has not been cracked)
while still in park depress the gas petal 2x
move shifter to N
press gas pedal 2x
put shifter to D
hit gas petal 2x
(LCD will display maintanance mode )
turn on the engine

Ricoo 01-12-19 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Lexus3GIST (Post 9905923)
Tried doing a burnout with traction control disabled (orange lights on dash) in sport mode.

the tires spin for about two seconds then the engine cuts power and says the gas/break are pressed simultaneously..

is there any way around this? Thanks ahead guys.
2017 Lexus IS200T F-Sport.

fast forward to 2:16

link13 01-12-19 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by premier3IS (Post 9906163)

I don’t quite get it either. Then again, I am 48.

loophole35 01-12-19 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mrg02d (Post 9906207)

200t in dyno mode will waste a set of rear tires. Has a ton of torque.

EXE46 01-12-19 12:38 PM

Doing burnouts in an IS for fun is just downright stupid, this is why buying used is never a good idea. Lease car and abuse it and turn it in for some sucker to buy.

premier3IS 01-12-19 08:04 PM

agreed. but then again, mom and dad probably got him the car so this to be somewhat expected I guess.... unfortunately.