Search this Thread

Old 06-21-17, 01:23 PM
OneToTree
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dojoman
I'll post the picture later today.
Here it is. https://goo.gl/photos/zGHMpzSddpoT61Yp8
Thanks for the pic. Looks really good. There are a lot of driveways that I use where cars park right up as close as possible making it really hard to see for oncoming cars at all. With this angle it seems like it would be possible to see oncoming cars if you poke out just a bit.
Old 06-21-17, 02:11 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by OneToTree
Thanks for the pic. Looks really good. There are a lot of driveways that I use where cars park right up as close as possible making it really hard to see for oncoming cars at all. With this angle it seems like it would be possible to see oncoming cars if you poke out just a bit.
Yes, it possible to see on coming cars on the side, the only problem is that the lens is so wide everything looks very small. I tried it and it wasn't helpful. And there'a a slight lag between what you see on the camera and reality. I've seen some Ford cars have similar camera that see the side from front camera but the image is very clear.
Old 06-22-17, 08:26 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

How are you mirroring your screen? If you could get a chromecast attached in the car you could essentially cast apps from the phone to the screen and not be required to have the phone screen on the entire time.
Old 06-22-17, 06:17 PM
DjRiDe
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Yes, it possible to see on coming cars on the side, the only problem is that the lens is so wide everything looks very small. I tried it and it wasn't helpful. And there'a a slight lag between what you see on the camera and reality. I've seen some Ford cars have similar camera that see the side from front camera but the image is very clear.
How slight is the lag? I dont have any lag issues its pretty instant like the rear camera. I like the fish eye lens tho.
Old 06-22-17, 06:19 PM
DjRiDe
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ciggy
How are you mirroring your screen? If you could get a chromecast attached in the car you could essentially cast apps from the phone to the screen and not be required to have the phone screen on the entire time.
Mirroring it with the beat sonic module - with HDMI to RCA box. I'm sure that's possible with the chromecast. I'm contemplating putting an apple tv so it can be wireless for me.
Old 06-23-17, 07:52 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by DjRiDe
How slight is the lag? I dont have any lag issues its pretty instant like the rear camera. I like the fish eye lens tho.
I don't have a scientific way to measure but you can test it yourself. Just drive normally and pay attention to objects in front camera, you would see cars and trees, etc shows up on camera a little later than you see with your eyes.
Old 12-11-17, 08:46 AM
Pacman9270
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Whatsup everyone,

How has this worked out for you all? I mainly want this to mirror my entire phone and have complete hands less functionality. Can you listen to Apple Music and use Google Maps at the same time? The video feature is cool but would be secondary, for me.
Old 12-11-17, 09:54 AM
DjRiDe
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Pacman9270
Whatsup everyone,

How has this worked out for you all? I mainly want this to mirror my entire phone and have complete hands less functionality. Can you listen to Apple Music and use Google Maps at the same time? The video feature is cool but would be secondary, for me.
i don't use Apple Music. But if you can currently do the two on your phone it will work the same just showing on the screen. I find having a jailbreaked iPhone opens more possibilities as you can customize settings the way you want. As for the setup for me it works perfectly as I just use it for YouTube video mirroring on my screen. I don't really use it for anything else besides that and kodi.
The following users liked this post:
Pacman9270 (12-11-17)