IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Who can make replica spoiler on request?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-17, 07:37 PM
NotLucas
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who can make replica spoiler on request?

Okay so before any of you guys start attacking me for wanting to buy a replica piece, let me explain.
Artisan Spirits dropped a body kit for the new 17' 3IS that looks completely insane. Love it to bits but if any of you know about these guys, they're f***ing expensive.

I understand some pieces are made of carbon fiber and there is a lot of design R&D that goes into these kinds of things. Trust me when I say that I am more than willing to spend a little extra cash to get the authentic product in order to support the business and get the best quality, but to be completely honest all I want is the spoiler and I could care less if it's made of carbon and you sure wish I'd ever drop $750~ (¥88,000) for a small trunk spoiler. The price is truly unreasonable in my opinion and is reaching out to a very narrow market already within the 3IS community.

The body kit as a whole has me drooling, but I'm realistic and know I'd never spend that money on my IS200t. That spoiler however is haunting me. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY in the Lexus 3IS game makes a spoiler this proper. It goes from each end of the trunk efficiently, flowing smoothly with the silhouette and giving the booty that little bit of pop without looking too bulky (compared to the OEM spoiler). I see that spoiler when I close my eyes every night, I see it in my dreams, and it would make me incredibly happy if I could have something close on my personal vehicle.

With all that being said, who here on Club Lexus has a friend of a friend of a friend's cousin who can take on this project and craft me a replica Artisan Spirits 3IS spoiler?

OFFICIAL ARTISAN SPIRITS 2017 LEXUS IS F SPORT BODY KIT

Old 06-19-17, 09:46 PM
Lveyolfe
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Get a Seibon CF duckbill trunk
Old 06-19-17, 11:18 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

gota pay to play the game! like you said yourself, its reaching out to a very narrow market within the 3IS community, and that's exactly what its for.

If you really want that exact same type and can find the size and specs for it, you may be able to go on aliexpress and message one of the companies who make similar products to custom make it for you. I've heard it can be done. May need to order more than one though so maybe if you can find others who want it, it may be worth a shot.
Old 06-19-17, 11:55 PM
Silec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So you want someone to buy the authentic spoiler and make you a copy/replica of it......
Old 06-20-17, 07:59 AM
brendanf
Advanced

Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

You contradict yourself in your post.

You say you don't mind paying the extra $$ but then complain about the price.

I dont think you realize the amount of work that goes into making something custom like that. There can literally be hundreds of hours just making a perfect mold to produce parts, which by the way typically is only good for a certain number of parts before it needs to be replaced too.

To get anyone to do this, your going to be need a group buy to make it worth while, otherwise it will just cost you more then buying the original one.
Old 06-20-17, 12:13 PM
NotLucas
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by brendanf
You contradict yourself in your post.
To get anyone to do this, your going to be need a group buy to make it worth while, otherwise it will just cost you more then buying the original one.
There is no contradiction, like with everything in life it isn't just black and white. I would definitely spend the extra $$$ to get the Authentic high quality version, but when the price becomes unreasonable then no. I can't see how anyone can justify that much for a deck lid spoiler.

Good point about the mold and group buy, didn't think about that. Figured more in the sense that someone could mold a basic shape out of whatever material, and sand it down more or less. Really don't need perfect measurements, just something that flows just as well as the car, from each end of the trunk and sticks out just a bit. They can eyeball it as long as it's symmetrical. But again idk how any process regarding body panels really works so it may not be possible.

And to whoever said you have to pay to play the game, I totally agree but not for the rice game :/

Anyways, guess I'll just stick to purchasing the OEM spoiler
Old 06-20-17, 09:45 PM
anamynous
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Lveyolfe
Get a Seibon CF duckbill trunk
Do you have a link to this spoiler? I tried Googling it and can't find it.
Old 06-22-17, 02:36 PM
otakusan
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

authentic JDM aero pieces are expensive, but the quality its good, they fit perfect, the details are nice and sharp.. that's enough to pay the extra.

To be honest, 88000 yen for a rear spoiler is not unreasonable. I paid good money for my authentic TRD spoiler and every time I see a car with a knock off wing, I feel even better about it... the gaps, the waves on flat areas, the lack of proper seals causing water/dirt traps in there..
Old 06-22-17, 02:43 PM
anamynous
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Ummmm does anyone know where I can buy this authentic Artisan Spirits spoiler? Looking at the prices, I'd be down to buy the non-carbon fiber one for ¥52,000 ($467 USD) if it comes painted to match my car.
Old 06-22-17, 03:01 PM
otakusan
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by anamynous
Ummmm does anyone know where I can buy this authentic Artisan Spirits spoiler? Looking at the prices, I'd be down to buy the non-carbon fiber one for ¥52,000 ($467 USD) if it comes painted to match my car.
you can either use a proxy service to order directly from them, or use one of the CL vendors that carry their products.

and it's not painted, you have to take it for paint in addition

Last edited by otakusan; 06-22-17 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-22-17, 07:13 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Just to put a little perspective on how crazy a spoiler price can be...2016 Mustang GT350R oem rear spoiler is $12,282. There's no typo in there in case you're wondering.
Old 06-23-17, 01:26 AM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Just to put a little perspective on how crazy a spoiler price can be...2016 Mustang GT350R oem rear spoiler is $12,282. There's no typo in there in case you're wondering.
Damn, even if you removed 1 digit from either end, it still would be overpriced lol
Old 06-23-17, 04:35 AM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by anthonys2r
Damn, even if you removed 1 digit from either end, it still would be overpriced lol

I'm suspecting it's pure carbon fiber, i hope?
Old 06-23-17, 02:16 PM
NotLucas
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by evident
I'm suspecting it's pure carbon fiber, i hope?
Yeah it's carbon fiber but thats a different ballpark because a very limited amount of GT350 R's were made so they're extremely rare, I suspect the spoiler are also made to order.

Originally Posted by anamynous
YES ^^^ Need one in black, don't need the carbon
Old 01-13-18, 05:13 PM
3ISOwner
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was browsing Ebay for a trunk spoiler and I stumbled upon this:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/FOR-2014-201...%257Ciid%253A1

Quick Reply: Who can make replica spoiler on request?