IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Can a 2017 Bumber/headlights be fitted on the the 2014-2016 Lexus Is350

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-17, 01:02 PM
Mk14mod1
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hood and fenders are the same 2014-2016 and 2017 models. Same part numbers.

53301-53041 hood

53801-53160 right fender
53802-53160 left fender
The following 2 users liked this post by Mk14mod1:
beezmarkee (05-06-17), specONE (05-05-17)
Old 05-05-17, 01:11 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by specONE
Well i also wanted to know too, i might convert mine to 2017, when i compared at the shop i only look by the eyes, we are not part and services department at dealership we don't know part #, we only fix car we don't sell car or parts. This has been discussed couple months ago here the address https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...2017+headlight , i also have pics from this member too check it out >>

I will ask Lexus Downtown in Toronto and see what those guys gonna say, we never installed or done this yet so we're not sure about this, beside judging by the eyes. you guys can look.
Old 05-05-17, 01:23 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Solara350
Well i also wanted to know too, i might convert mine to 2017, when i compared at the shop i only look by the eyes, we are not part and services department at dealership we don't know part #, we only fix car we don't sell car or parts. This has been

discussed couple months ago here the address https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...2017+headlight , i also have pics from this member too check it out >>
I will ask Lexus Downtown in Toronto and see what those guys gonna say, we never installed or done this yet so we're not sure about this, beside judging by the eyes. you guys can look.
We already know about this thread, someone already mentioned this in earlier reply. In fact I have made my comments on that thread as well if you take a look carefully. Those two pics are at different angle and perception is skewed so its not a good photo to base if fenders and hood have changed or stayed the same.

Then next time do not say things like this if you dont know the answer yourself.
||
||
V
different, no need to check. 2014-2017 comes visit our shop sometimes
This forums has problems with people just randomly stating "truth" with no facts to back it up.
We are all looking by eye at this point until someone actually attempts the conversation and speculating.

But now that people have pointed out the part numbers for the Hood and the Fender is the same between 2014-2016 and 2017+ then there is some actual truth that it may be the SAME!
So a 2017+ conversion may just be Headlights and Bumper conversion and small possibility some wiring differences.
The following users liked this post:
ZeroRDK (12-16-19)
Old 05-05-17, 01:54 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,066 Likes on 1,560 Posts

The parts being the same (Hood and fenders in particular) was my initial suspicion. Then someone linked a Lexus article saying the hood is different due to the 17 models having a larger bulge (steeper rise). But then the part #s actually coming out being the same.

So who knows...

At the very least you'd need bumper and headlights. Even if the 17 hood did have a bulge as the ONLY difference, the 14-16 hoods would still fit the new headlights and bumper I'd think.

I'd be willing to do this conversion once the headlights start appearing on the used market. But then at that point, my lease will be up and I'm onto my next car. Maybe Audi A6.
Old 05-05-17, 02:55 PM
specONE
Racer

Originally Posted by E46CT
The parts being the same (Hood and fenders in particular) was my initial suspicion. Then someone linked a Lexus article saying the hood is different due to the 17 models having a larger bulge (steeper rise). But then the part #s actually coming out being the same.

So who knows...

At the very least you'd need bumper and headlights. Even if the 17 hood did have a bulge as the ONLY difference, the 14-16 hoods would still fit the new headlights and bumper I'd think.

I'd be willing to do this conversion once the headlights start appearing on the used market. But then at that point, my lease will be up and I'm onto my next car. Maybe Audi A6.
Why would you even consider doing a front end facelift conversion on a Lease car?
You are gonna turn it in with the front end converted? (which they probably would not allow)
or remove it before lease return? Doesn't make sense either way.
Old 05-05-17, 05:58 PM
Solara350
Instructor

We already know about this thread, someone already mentioned this in earlier reply. In fact I have made my comments on that thread as well if you take a look carefully. Those two pics are at different angle and perception is skewed so its not a good photo to base if fenders and hood have changed or stayed the same.

Then next time do not say things like this if you dont know the answer yourself.

V

This forums has problems with people just randomly stating "truth" with no facts to back it up.
We are all looking by eye at this point until someone actually attempts the conversation and speculating.

But now that people have pointed out the part numbers for the Hood and the Fender is the same between 2014-2016 and 2017+ then there is some actual truth that it may be the SAME!
So a 2017+ conversion may just be Headlights and Bumper conversion and small possibility some wiring differences.
Dude we did a fast compared at the shop with my 2015 IS350 and the customer 2017 IS350 Fsport, our Boss said its different so we did not take them off and put it on to see if they fit because THE SHAPE looked different plus its customer's car, how DO YOU SO SURE THEY FIT ? HAVE YOU DONE IT ? have you converted ? SO US YOUR CONVERSION ? because its so new its 2017 we didn't bother to ask Lexus Dealers part guy, We do alignment and Detailing here i can show you our shop,

ya the fact that people talks like they know everything without proves, if things we know we say we know and been tested, things we never done we'll say we don't know, like E46CT said which i agree, 1st i thought the thread starter asked do they fit of course they don't if he get single part but the WHOLE front end CONVERSION, you can MOD to fit ! sorry may i ask DO YOU HAVE 2 cars ? 2014-2016 and 2017 IS ? another fact that driver lowered or has little mod on their car and they acts like they're Pro, most of them comes to our shop and talks about "Oh I Heard on the internet" and its not always the same when it comes to reality. Only imagination !

Again if you want whole front end conversion WE CAN Mod IT FIT , if you like OEM plug and play we're not sure, Are you willing to pay ? or just talk and ask ? you need an eyes check or change your Glasses and look at my pictures again.

Last edited by Solara350; 05-05-17 at 06:04 PM.
Old 05-05-17, 06:43 PM
Mk14mod1
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been an auto body tech for almost 20 years and i have done many front end conversions. JDM integra front ends, Civic to integra front ends, AND the most interesting one was a 2009 Gallardo to a 2012 front end conversion. I know the amount of work that is involved. I seriously doubt a detail shop can "mod it for you". I would be very interested to know what you guys do besides detail and alignment.

The following 2 users liked this post by Mk14mod1:
LexSense (05-05-17), specONE (05-05-17)
Old 05-05-17, 07:10 PM
specONE
Racer

Dude we did a fast compared at the shop with my 2015 IS350 and the customer 2017 IS350 Fsport, our Boss said its different so we did not take them off and put it on to see if they fit because THE SHAPE looked different plus its customer's car, how DO YOU SO SURE THEY FIT ? HAVE YOU DONE IT ? have you converted ? SO US YOUR CONVERSION ? because its so new its 2017 we didn't bother to ask Lexus Dealers part guy, We do alignment and Detailing here i can show you our shop,

ya the fact that people talks like they know everything without proves, if things we know we say we know and been tested, things we never done we'll say we don't know, like E46CT said which i agree, 1st i thought the thread starter asked do they fit of course they don't if he get single part but the WHOLE front end CONVERSION, you can MOD to fit ! sorry may i ask DO YOU HAVE 2 cars ? 2014-2016 and 2017 IS ? another fact that driver lowered or has little mod on their car and they acts like they're Pro, most of them comes to our shop and talks about "Oh I Heard on the internet" and its not always the same when it comes to reality. Only imagination !

Again if you want whole front end conversion WE CAN Mod IT FIT , if you like OEM plug and play we're not sure, Are you willing to pay ? or just talk and ask ? you need an eyes check or change your Glasses and look at my pictures again.
i've done conversions before, dont get all worked up. I'm just saying next time dont just throw one line sentence stating its different and not going to work without giving more detail. If you are assuming and taking educated guess, then actually point that out. People will read what you wrote and take it as fact.

Of all the people on this forum with 2014-2016 IS front end, i'd probably be one of the first to even try to attempt it. I'ved pulled my bumper off multiple times already and i wouldnt do the front end until i've sourced the jdm tri-led headlamps. I've had already sourced one side but i gave it up to another forum member that already has a '17 model vehicle.
If you look around on the forums of my past post, I've done a 3rd gen RX facelift conversion and POST and actually helped numerous people with the wiring difference of that front end. In that front end only the headlamps and front bumper had to be changed. the fenders and hood stayed the same.

There's no need to make it fit if it all bolts on like factory
LexSense (05-05-17)
Old 05-05-17, 07:13 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mk14mod1
I have been an auto body tech for almost 20 years and i have done many front end conversions. JDM integra front ends, Civic to integra front ends, AND the most interesting one was a 2009 Gallardo to a 2012 front end conversion. I know the amount of work that is involved. I seriously doubt a detail shop can "mod it for you". I would be very interested to know what you guys do besides detail and alignment.
Why not ? we don't do frame work or cutting or laser frame measurement but we do light mod like bumper conversion etc, myself i know i can't compare to you because you have 20 years experience, if you in Toronto i'll show you those bodyshops i worked for before i work for detailing and alignment shop, "VMax Auto Body' (god's brother shop but closed due to his divorce) from 2008-2011 , "Keele Auto Body" from 2011-2014, i gotta learn everything to make the money for living ! you don't make much money for doing 1 job am i right ? every guys in our shop has a mechanic and bodyshop background even a previous owner of a CarWash lol
Old 05-05-17, 07:29 PM
Solara350
Instructor

i've done conversions before, dont get all worked up. I'm just saying next time dont just throw one line sentence stating its different and not going to work without giving more detail. If you are assuming and taking educated guess, then actually point that out. People will read what you wrote and take it as fact.

Of all the people on this forum with 2014-2016 IS front end, i'd probably be one of the first to even try to attempt it. I'ved pulled my bumper off multiple times already and i wouldnt do the front end until i've sourced the jdm tri-led headlamps. I've had already sourced one side but i gave it up to another forum member that already has a '17 model vehicle.
If you look around on the forums of my past post, I've done a 3rd gen RX facelift conversion and POST and actually helped numerous people with the wiring difference of that front end. In that front end only the headlamps and front bumper had to be changed. the fenders and hood stayed the same.

There's no need to make it fit if it all bolts on like factory
Because everyone wants to be the smartest, looks thread starter asked, do 14-16 front end fit 17, i answered him straight, No, Don't try ! Fit means OEM plug and play, If he ask can 14-16 convert to 17 i would not say a word ! Fit and Conversion are 2 different factors, he asked about fitting he meant if they 100% fit on those, and we are talking about IS not RX, bolt can screw and bracket can be made, like i told MK14mod1 i came out from a Auto Collision Bodyshop before detail and alignment, i know you have experience too by the way you talk and the your car's look and i just showed it because you were curious. Its not a bad thing though we learn and share .
Old 05-05-17, 07:48 PM
Solara350
Instructor

I just like to state out my fact, look at where i circled, that made me stop thinking of front end conversion and telling others they won't fit ! i don't try to be smartass but my eyes tells me it...in real life samething when i compared.
Old 05-05-17, 08:08 PM
specONE
Racer

I just like to state out my fact, look at where i circled, that made me stop thinking of front end conversion and telling others they won't fit ! i don't try to be smartass but my eyes tells me it...in real life samething when i compared.
please explain this photo then.
when the photo is in the exact same view angle for both cars.

IreneIS350 (05-10-17)
Old 05-05-17, 08:15 PM
specONE
Racer

For ****s and giggles. Heres my 2014 IS in a photo i took of the same angle that 2017 front end corner photo. Go ahead and circle the difference between my photo and that photo
IreneIS350 (05-10-17)
Old 05-05-17, 09:02 PM
Solara350
Instructor

For ****s and giggles. Heres my 2014 IS in a photo i took of the same angle that 2017 front end corner photo. Go ahead and circle the difference between my photo and that photo
2morrow you go to LExus and buy a 2017 front end and snap it on took a pic post it up here, i said i'm not sure if they fits, you've determined they do fit well prove it ! that will convince everyone, again my picture tells me they don't fit thats just me, why you keep debating ? the way you talk sir..like a boss, look at your 1st quote on me, " Part number to claim your facts " i mean who the heck you think you are ? if not get some info from official website and link us, in term of mechanical based on model year Drivetrain and engine size some parts are slightly different even though they are the same generation, part # only applies to Part and Service guys that sells them, we tell them the year make model and drivetrain they enter in their system and the part # for example Lexus it pops up in there, (to make me sound/look stupid you gotta prove me wrong don't just talk, to prove me wrong why don't you do the convert on your car?) and you look so mad i look so happy, i know alot of members reading our debate lol, Alright You Win Mr ! you pro ok . i gotta turn off the notification hahaha Netflix now later.

Last edited by Solara350; 05-05-17 at 09:18 PM.
Old 05-08-17, 03:09 AM
whiteis33
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Give me till this weekend.. I will have some definitive answers for you guys.
specONE (05-09-17)

Quick Reply: Can a 2017 Bumber/headlights be fitted on the the 2014-2016 Lexus Is350