IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Someone broke my side mirror glass!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-17, 07:10 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by RoyaalT
should cost you around $100 on ebay. get a rag and slide it in across the bottom back of the glass and lift and pull. switch over the wires one-by-one to the new glass. reinsert top to bottom. If your glass acts like a bobble head going down the road you may not have fully reinserted it.
100 for just glass? man i hope when i get the part its pretty simple. I'm not too great at DIY when i have to worry about causing damage inside to the wiring or something.

If you got any links to where to buy it, feel free to post ill take a look, been looking around on ebay for a while.
Old 04-22-17, 08:14 PM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by premier3IS
100 for just glass? man i hope when i get the part its pretty simple. I'm not too great at DIY when i have to worry about causing damage inside to the wiring or something.

If you got any links to where to buy it, feel free to post ill take a look, been looking around on ebay for a while.
just watch how that guy takes the mirror off in that video it's that easy the wire just un clicked from the back
Old 04-22-17, 08:34 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Not cheap, but OEM and cheaper than the dealership.

https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/...odel=&Filter=()
Old 04-22-17, 09:16 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by yardie876
Not cheap, but OEM and cheaper than the dealership.

https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/...odel=&Filter=()
yep saw this too. pretty pricey. I guess its either ebay or OEM from this site.
Old 04-22-17, 09:18 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ttsport15
just watch how that guy takes the mirror off in that video it's that easy the wire just un clicked from the back
only thing I'm worried about is breaking the part on the assembly where the mirror clips into. If the clips break on the mirror when I'm taking it out its fine because its broken already, but if it breaks where it clips INTO, that def wont be good. Should this be a concern when removing?
Old 04-22-17, 09:31 PM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

only thing I'm worried about is breaking the part on the assembly where the mirror clips into. If the clips break on the mirror when I'm taking it out its fine because its broken already, but if it breaks where it clips INTO, that def wont be good. Should this be a concern when removing?
Amazon Amazon
Score this kit you be fine
The following users liked this post:
premier3IS (04-22-17)
Old 04-22-17, 09:46 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ttsport15
this is perfect lol. just ordered it, well i ordered the same one but the amazon choice one for $4.88

Amazon Amazon

i guess put a towel or cloth under it when prying it out so I don't scratch the black part of the assembly. Now I just need to get the actual mirror and decide which one

by the way the IS250 one fits that you linked, just messaged the guy to make sure it has the dim feature on it. Do all the is250s have it?
Old 04-23-17, 11:16 AM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

if the side mirror has BSM does that mean it also has the dim feature on it? do they make BSM mirrors with no dim on it? found some on ebay but need to confirm they have this option.
Old 04-23-17, 11:40 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

were you in the Long Beach Area, downtown (pine street, shoreline area) when this happened?

there were a bunch of punk a$$ kids shooting out mirrors with a pellet gun last weekend and this weekend, my buddies 4runner got both mirrors shot out last weekend, we found the .22 pellet inside the mirror, 2 dozen cars (that he counted) on his street had the mirrors shot out.

we just ordered the replacement glass, took 20 minutes to swap out.

I realize you have an IS200T, but the mirror glass should be the same for the 2014-2017 IS line,

check this site and see if they have your glass:

http://mirrorglassplus.com/is250/

don't know if they have the blind-spot, diming, heated option for your vehicle though.

I've done the glass replacement on many cars over the years, include several Lexus models (recently did another members RX300 a few weeks ago), if you need assistance I am in SoCal and would be glad to help.
Old 04-23-17, 12:05 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mjeds
were you in the Long Beach Area, downtown (pine street, shoreline area) when this happened?

there were a bunch of punk a$$ kids shooting out mirrors with a pellet gun last weekend and this weekend, my buddies 4runner got both mirrors shot out last weekend, we found the .22 pellet inside the mirror, 2 dozen cars (that he counted) on his street had the mirrors shot out.

we just ordered the replacement glass, took 20 minutes to swap out.

I realize you have an IS200T, but the mirror glass should be the same for the 2014-2017 IS line,

check this site and see if they have your glass:

http://mirrorglassplus.com/is250/

don't know if they have the blind-spot, diming, heated option for your vehicle though.

I've done the glass replacement on many cars over the years, include several Lexus models (recently did another members RX300 a few weeks ago), if you need assistance I am in SoCal and would be glad to help.
I was in San Diego
I'll PM you and get your advise as well
Old 04-28-17, 04:17 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

got this mirror as you suggested, I also removed the mirror from the assembly, was simple like you said and took about 5 minutes and was very careful with it.

but the wiring isn't as easy to swap as I thought it would be. Do I need to take apart the black piece of the assembly to remove the wiring?

Anyone able to access this in their vehicle to verify what to do?
Old 04-28-17, 04:32 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Here are some pictures of the assembly with the mirror still connected.

Old 04-28-17, 04:39 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

disconnect all the red arrows.

un-feed all the blue arrows and leave them in the old mirror housing, your housing contains the same wiring.

Name:  mirror1_zpseuvcui20.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  267.7 KB
The following 2 users liked this post by mjeds:
premier3IS (04-28-17), ttsport15 (04-28-17)
Old 04-28-17, 04:56 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mjeds
disconnect all the red arrows.

un-feed all the blue arrows and leave them in the old mirror housing, your housing contains the same wiring.

dont know if i just didnt try to remove it correctly, but the first 2 arrows in red seem tough to take out... don't want to break it, ill take a look at it again
Old 04-28-17, 06:11 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

dont know if i just didnt try to remove it correctly, but the first 2 arrows in red seem tough to take out... don't want to break it, ill take a look at it again
see the little tabs on the connectors, carefully lift those with a small (jewelers or eye glass repair size screw driver) and then rock the connector back and forth to loosen it. has a waterproof rubber seal in it to keep it water tight.

Name:  mirror2_zpszj6faowb.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  79.7 KB

Last edited by mjeds; 04-28-17 at 06:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Someone broke my side mirror glass!!!