Did i get a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-17, 09:16 AM
COYS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did i get a good deal?

Hello everybody,
I just got a brand new (leased) 2017 Lexus IS 300 F Sport, Ultrasonic Blue color. This is my first Lexus.
As many may know, Lexus is having the Command Performance Sales Event (Extended till April 3). I went yesterday to a Westchester, NY Lexus dealership to see if I can get a good last minute deal for a 3 year lease. So I ended up getting the following:
- 3 Year lease with 10K miles per year
- $400 per month (after taxes & everything)
- $4,000 down (covered taxes, 1st payment, DMV fees, bank fee, the remaining money went towards the lease)
-$1500 rebate that was applied towards the lease so $4,000 + $1,500 = $5,500 in total
- Free: First 5K miles includes a tire rotation. First 10K miles includes oil change
- Free car washes at the dealership for entire 3 year lease
- $50 certificate that I can use towards my 2nd year oil change or 2nd tire rotation
The car itself comes with Navigation, Reverse camera, Blind Spot mirrors, 10 inch screen, heated & cool seats, heated steering wheel, leather seats. It pretty much has everything except the Mark Levinson premium sound system. But the current sound system is actually nice & good enough for me.

So the real question is, did I get a good deal for a lease? Could it have been better if I had pushed for more?
I do have the option at the end of the lease to buy out the car (28K balance) if I end up loving the car. I'd really end up paying the MSRP of the vehicle, nothing more or less.
Sorry for the long post. I'm just new to this forum but will appreciate any input. Thanks!
Old 04-02-17, 10:51 AM
Jlin89
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by COYS
Hello everybody,
I just got a brand new (leased) 2017 Lexus IS 300 F Sport, Ultrasonic Blue color. This is my first Lexus.
As many may know, Lexus is having the Command Performance Sales Event (Extended till April 3). I went yesterday to a Westchester, NY Lexus dealership to see if I can get a good last minute deal for a 3 year lease. So I ended up getting the following:
- $4,000 down (covered taxes, 1st payment, DMV fees, bank fee, the remaining money went towards the lease)
-$1500 rebate that was applied towards the lease so $4,000 + $1,500 = $5,500 in total
- Free: First 5K miles includes a tire rotation. First 10K miles includes oil change
- $50 certificate that I can use towards my 2nd year oil change or 2nd tire rotation
The car itself comes with Navigation, Reverse camera, Blind Spot mirrors, 10 inch screen, heated & cool seats, heated steering wheel, leather seats. It pretty much has everything except the Mark Levinson premium sound system. But the current sound system is actually nice & good enough for me.

So the real question is, did I get a good deal for a lease? Could it have been better if I had pushed for more?
I do have the option at the end of the lease to buy out the car (28K balance) if I end up loving the car. I'd really end up paying the MSRP of the vehicle, nothing more or less.
Sorry for the long post. I'm just new to this forum but will appreciate any input. Thanks!
As long as you are happy with the purchase and you feel like you got a deal then that's all that matters!

Congratulations, post some photos when you get it!
The following users liked this post:
Diesel26 (04-03-17)
Old 04-02-17, 12:22 PM
Malarkie
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by COYS
Hello everybody,

Prices vary based on location but I think it could have been a lot better especially considering you put a $4,000 down payment. I've been seeing 0 down payment and about ~$450 a month.
Old 04-02-17, 06:33 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

General rule of thumb for a GREAT deal is 1% of msrp for monthly payment and 0 down. The transaction is done already, just enjoy the ride! Unless its under 100 miles and your dealer lets you return it
Old 04-02-17, 06:36 PM
Break2
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't know. Seems high. I got a 16 Ultrasonic Blue in October. $2K down, 12K miles a year, extra wear and tear package, fully loaded, except no Mark Levenson audio for $395 a month. First two oil changes free, free car washes and I get to pick any loaner when getting serviced.
Old 04-02-17, 09:11 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

$4000 / 36 months. That's $111 a month. Add that to your monthly payment of $400. So you're paying about $511 a month. That's the way I see it. Now if it was 400 a month with 0 down, that would've been a sweet deal!

Like the others said, just enjoy the ride!!!! welcome to the club.
Old 04-02-17, 09:16 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Break2
I don't know. Seems high. I got a 16 Ultrasonic Blue in October. $2K down, 12K miles a year, extra wear and tear package, fully loaded, except no Mark Levenson audio for $395 a month. First two oil changes free, free car washes and I get to pick any loaner when getting serviced.
Very nice deal. congrats!
Old 04-03-17, 09:30 AM
Break2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by premier3IS
Very nice deal. congrats!
Thanks! I worked them pretty hard, plus they are a large volume dealer. The final price price of the car came out to around $40K, from $49500.
Old 04-03-17, 11:05 AM
harkirath
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put 0 down for my 15 350 F Sport and am paying $475 a month including tax in Cali. Leased in the same event as you 2 years ago. Also 12k / year lease.
Old 04-03-17, 12:35 PM
Diesel26
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought year old, lightly used certified preowned 250 FSport with 20K miles on it for $500 month. Full warranty and first 4 services are free. God bless you guys that lease the new ones. Keep my used inventory up.
Old 04-03-17, 02:12 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,508 Likes on 1,806 Posts

First two oil changes free, free car washes and I get to pick any loaner when getting serviced.
I would hope you would get this regardless of what payment you make - depends on dealership though.
Old 04-03-17, 04:24 PM
Break2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by arentz07
I would hope you would get this regardless of what payment you make - depends on dealership though.
They all don't. This was only one of two of the 6 I went to, that offered it. As far as loaners go, they all also do not give you a choice. GS's, IS's, F sports, RC's RX's etc etc.
Old 04-03-17, 06:11 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,508 Likes on 1,806 Posts
Thumbs up

They all don't. This was only one of two of the 6 I went to, that offered it. As far as loaners go, they all also do not give you a choice. GS's, IS's, F sports, RC's RX's etc etc.
Good to know. Guess I am lucky - there are only two Lexus dealerships in my area, and they are both owned by the same people (Hendrick). So, they both have these types of amenities.

I'll admit I am paying decently more than the OP as well, but I was slightly upside down because I was unhappy with my previous car - point was, I would think those types of amenities wouldn't factor into price. After all, dealerships bring in a big chunk of their money through the service department.

Next time I am going to negotiate harder!
Old 04-03-17, 06:29 PM
Break2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by arentz07
Good to know. Guess I am lucky - there are only two Lexus dealerships in my area, and they are both owned by the same people (Hendrick). So, they both have these types of amenities.

I'll admit I am paying decently more than the OP as well, but I was slightly upside down because I was unhappy with my previous car - point was, I would think those types of amenities wouldn't factor into price. After all, dealerships bring in a big chunk of their money through the service department.

Next time I am going to negotiate harder!
I did it all through email. Every time I got a price, I took off $20 a month and went back to another dealer. I kept repeating until I got what I thought was fair.
Old 04-03-17, 08:21 PM
1Louder
Intermediate

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

The problem with asking if you got a good deal is someone always will. Just the way it is. :-)

My last lease was a 15 Acura TLX (AWD) and I was at ~$440 (before sales tax) with about the same amount down. I'd say you are in the ballpark well enough to feel good about it. Best thing now is to just enjoy it. If you want me (or others) to really break it down, we'll need the final sale price, the money factor, exact residual ($28,XXX?) and the exact term (if not 36 months). Also if there was sales tax....

Cheers!

Quick Reply: Did i get a good deal?