IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

F-sport: worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-17, 01:43 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by minimacky
I almost got a CPO '14 base IS350 with only 5,000kms on it but someone beat me to it by a few hours. I ended up paying the equivalent of $6,xxx more for a '13 F-Sport with 18,000kms.

The F-Sport wheels alone are priced at $6,xxx IF you buy it separately from the dealer.
A '13 FSPORT is completely different than 14+. & that dealer is ripping you off... brand new FSPORT rims are no where close to 6,000. More like ~1800 at most.
Old 04-03-17, 01:49 AM
minimacky
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Olasek
Is it true? Amazing, I wouldn't even want them for free, much prefer the look of my 5-spoke aluminium.
Yep, true story. The guy I bought my IS350 F-Sport from told me about a guy offering the equivalent of $1,000 for the wheels. He didn't want to sell it "that low" considering that it costs so much from the dealer.
Old 04-03-17, 02:40 AM
minimacky
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nathantse
A '13 FSPORT is completely different than 14+. & that dealer is ripping you off... brand new FSPORT rims are no where close to 6,000. More like ~1800 at most.
We got the 3IS a year earlier than the U.S. so my 2013 IS350 is a 3IS.

FWIW, the local price of an IS350 F-Sport is US$63,960
Old 04-03-17, 07:40 AM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

F-Sport Rims are one of the better looking OEM Rims IMO. Don't get the hate here. But I also think most vossens are pretty garish, so what do I know
The following users liked this post:
EXE46 (04-23-17)
Old 04-03-17, 08:43 AM
minimacky
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by evident
F-Sport Rims are one of the better looking OEM Rims IMO. Don't get the hate here. But I also think most vossens are pretty garish, so what do I know
Agree on the F-Sport rims. If only they didn't weigh 28lbs each I'd definitely keep them on my IS. They look bigger thanks to the spoke design.
Old 04-05-17, 07:14 AM
evident
Racer

Originally Posted by minimacky
Agree on the F-Sport rims. If only they didn't weigh 28lbs each I'd definitely keep them on my IS. They look bigger thanks to the spoke design.
Agreed, weight's the biggest issue- but I understand why they are the way they are, being OEM and all. I wonder if they will fit on my wife's 07 RX when i get some works =)
Old 04-05-17, 11:49 AM
Olasek
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

F-Sport Rims are one of the better looking OEM Rims IMO. Don't get the hate here.
Hate? Where do you see hate?
Old 04-05-17, 11:53 AM
evident
Racer

uh, just read what you posted in post #45.
Old 04-05-17, 01:27 PM
Olasek
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

uh, just read what you posted in post #45.
Sorry pal, no hate there, I simply stated that I don't like them, that's all, not my cup of tea.
Old 04-05-17, 05:28 PM
Intermediate

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Sorry pal, no hate there, I simply stated that I don't like them, that's all, not my cup of tea.
I have an F Sport. They seem a dime a dozen around me.

I rarely see the 5 five spoke (a.k.a five star) wheels here. They are only available on IS350 non F sports here, which are pretty rare as everything else has has the mesh wheels. I think they are very classy and traditional looking and go well will the non F sport trims, especially with the dual gauge cluster, unlike the LFA inspired wheels and cluster on the F sport. And the real leather seats. Lexus, I get what you did there.
Old 04-05-17, 11:15 PM
Viktimize
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

is English your second language? That would explain why you didn't understand the hyperbole.
Old 04-06-17, 08:23 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,509 Likes on 1,806 Posts

Saying you wouldn't want them for free sounds like hate to me.

Anyway, don't need to stray too far off-topic - the wheels are just one aspect of the F Sport package.
Old 04-23-17, 05:02 PM
dizlex
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tuanyes84
I personally like the looks of the non f-sport so thats why I went with mine. I also didn't care for the dark headliner as (to me) it makes the interior feel too closed in and claustrophobic. I do wish I had the f-sport gauges though.
My God, what is is with that gimmicky, IMO inferior "F sport" gauge?
Old 04-23-17, 05:18 PM
dizlex
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Not worth it. A lot of money for no performance gain. Inferior gauges. Inferior front design. Inferior brake pads. Inferior wheels (staggered setup increases understeer).
Someone said that the "performance oriented" people buy the F-sport. Just the opposite, actually. Most who opt for it are after appearances.
"High performance" brake pads? Don't make me laugh. Almost no one drives these cars hard enough for the brake pads to matter.
I will admit the active suspension is an advantage in some situations.
Old 04-23-17, 05:41 PM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by dizlex
Not worth it. A lot of money for no performance gain. Inferior gauges. Inferior front design. Inferior brake pads. Inferior wheels (staggered setup increases understeer).
Someone said that the "performance oriented" people buy the F-sport. Just the opposite, actually. Most who opt for it are after appearances.
"High performance" brake pads? Don't make me laugh. Almost no one drives these cars hard enough for the brake pads to matter.
I will admit the active suspension is an advantage in some situations.
Don't forget about the inferior fender badges. and the the inferior aluminum sport pedals. and the inferior F Sport logo on the steering wheel....
seriously? it bothers you that much?

Quick Reply: F-sport: worth it?